The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
Microsoft would own Obsidian and Bethesda so Obsidian could make Fallout New Vegas 2

• 5Like
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy ass 2020, definitely did not see that coming

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
"Tod Howard and Pete Hines will both be leaving the organisation.

We make this sudden, unexpected announcement with a heavy heart, and wish them well in their new endeavors..."

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hope to never see either one of those guys on a stage again

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Huh. Wasn't expecting to wake up to this. Well, in an ideal world this will mean Microsoft mandating a greater amount of quality control on game releases. That'd be nice. Worst case scenario...well, Fallout 76 already came out, so we're already in the worst case scenario; nowhere to go but up, really.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wondering if live services subs like Fallout 1st and ESO will be rolled into Game Pass even on other platforms, making it another vehicle to increase their subs.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"Tod Howard and Pete Hines will both be leaving the organisation.

We make this sudden, unexpected announcement with a heavy heart, and wish them well in their new endeavors..."
If only that were true, but unfortunately the only thing good likely to come out of this is that MS will have no need for all the shitbirds who work at Zenimax and will hopefully purge them all as soon as the deal is done.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
MS should buy the Metal Gear Solid assets from Konami and give Kojima a studio to develop a new one. That'll get them some traction with the weebs.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Anyone ever used Xbox streaming via the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10, but over the internet? I looked up the ports* it uses and forwarded them to my X1X (on a static IP), but when I try to connect I just get the standard "We couldn't find an Xbox One console with the IP address provided." error message. I know the console itself is setup correctly since it works fine at home on my LAN.

* Site I found said it was 4838, 5050, and 4900:6500.. all UDP/TCP. The article was from March 2019 though, so I'm thinking maybe with all the new streaming stuff they've released recently that maybe it has changed. Edit: Digging more I've found other sites + reddit posts saying it's actually 4838, 5050, and 49000:65000. So I guess that might explain the problems I'm having. Should've known to look elsewhere when they listed 5050 along with a range of 4900:6500.

Last edited:

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Remote play is live on the Xbox app.

Vorph Vorph I did so successfully a year+ ago, but haven't lately, didn't require any forwarding shenanigans, but that was many apps / firmwares ago.

Vorph

Remote play is live on the Xbox app.
I've seen that Xbox Console Companion is going away and everything will be in the Xbox app, but that doesn't appear to have happened yet. All I see in the Xbox app is Game Pass for Windows stuff. Tried the new Xbox beta app that article was about on my phone just to see if I could get it working, but can't complete setup without being right at the console. Also, it crashed several times just getting that far, on a Galaxy S9 so that doesn't bode well either.

I wish MS would focus on stuff for Windows as a higher priority than this useless Android crap. Even if I decide to upgrade to a Note 20 next month I can't see anything designed for a TV actually being playable on that screen size. And they still haven't even mentioned a timeline for xCloud coming to Windows.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MS should buy the Metal Gear Solid assets from Konami and give Kojima a studio to develop a new one. That'll get them some traction with the weebs.
MS is already publishing Phantasy Star Online, a weeb game if ever there was a weeb game.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I've seen that Xbox Console Companion is going away and everything will be in the Xbox app, but that doesn't appear to have happened yet. All I see in the Xbox app is Game Pass for Windows stuff. Tried the new Xbox beta app that article was about on my phone just to see if I could get it working, but can't complete setup without being right at the console. Also, it crashed several times just getting that far, on a Galaxy S9 so that doesn't bode well either.

I wish MS would focus on stuff for Windows as a higher priority than this useless Android crap. Even if I decide to upgrade to a Note 20 next month I can't see anything designed for a TV actually being playable on that screen size. And they still haven't even mentioned a timeline for xCloud coming to Windows.

Yeah, and no idea what's going on with xCloud for PC. For a while my companion app outright stopped working, likely because of the Insider build I was on.

Vorph

Good.

Can't say I"m surprised either, MS probably isn't making much if anything off the S so they will try to get as many people as possible who'd normally just buy a S to be impatient and go with the X instead. Just like Sony with the lower production of discless PS5s.

Edit: Christ... been calling my local GS all afternoon and the phone has been busy non-stop. All I want to know is how they're handling the preorders and whatever line there is, plus the stores normally open at noon for Wuflu hours but maybe it's 11AM because of this being a special day. Dunno what to make of the phone being busy for that long though... if it's because there's that much interest in the Xbox I have a feeling I'll be getting mine online instead like the PS5.

Last edited: