The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Feck, now I got to buy an xbx instead of ps5? Sony better make som discounts on the store soon :-(

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amazon also has "Please note that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We will make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released." right on the page this time (unlike PS5 where they informed people of that in an email).

Now to figure out how to get rid of my current consoles come November without getting scammed, robbed, or infected with the China virus. Fuckin' Gamestop couldn't just make this easy.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Amazon also has "Please note that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We will make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released." right on the page this time (unlike PS5 where they informed people of that in an email).

Now to figure out how to get rid of my current consoles come November without getting scammed, robbed, or infected with the China virus. Fuckin' Gamestop couldn't just make this easy.

Yeah same I wanna sell my 2 x’s

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Xbox Just as much as a clusterfuck as PlayStation. Special award goes to the Microsoft store itself which buried the link to actually order the thing behind 3 interim pages of links and 'configure' options which led to a static link for the only actual 'configuration' available.

• 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still nada. I thought I was getting through on Best Buy. Got to the "proceed to payment" button, but it crapped out and then cleared my shopping cart.

Looks like it ain't gona happen.

tenor.gif

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I honestly didn't think the X would sell out like this. Is it an honest demand or mainly scalpers?

Vorph

I honestly didn't think the X would sell out like this. Is it an honest demand or mainly scalpers?
One thing I was actually surprised about when I went to GS this morning was on top of there being 10 people already in line for the 8 Series Xs they had available, there was only like a dozen people total. At least around here there was pretty much no demand for the S at all.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I got 2 Xs (Amazon and Best Buy on the 2nd go round) and an S from MS. I had an X early at MS and it bombed out and then emptied the cart; also one at Sam's that by the time I hit "complete" they were OOS. This wasnt any better than the untimed release: more hype more bots, more panic, more hysteria.

• 1Like

Vorph

Neither one was particularly hard if you just wanted one for yourself.

PS5 was somewhat annoying since it kept going in and out of stock at Walmart and it took like 7-8 tries to actually get it to accept the order. And of course people who didn't sit around online after the Sony presentation got screwed because Walmart broke street date and everyone else followed.

For Xbox I was checking sites I didn't intend to buy from while waiting for Amazon to finally go live, and it was in stock at Target for a good 5-10 minutes from pretty much 11AM on the dot. Walmart sold out instantly, probably bots. Gamestop had some retarded queue implemented so I didn't bother keeping track of that. Amazon finally put theirs up about 45 minutes late, but the site wasn't slammed or anything and the order went through instantly.

Still mad I couldn't get either from GS in store for trade-in purposes, but I suppose it's better than not getting them at all.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Neither one was particularly hard if you just wanted one for yourself.

PS5 was somewhat annoying since it kept going in and out of stock at Walmart and it took like 7-8 tries to actually get it to accept the order. And of course people who didn't sit around online after the Sony presentation got screwed because Walmart broke street date and everyone else followed.

For Xbox I was checking sites I didn't intend to buy from while waiting for Amazon to finally go live, and it was in stock at Target for a good 5-10 minutes from pretty much 11AM on the dot. Walmart sold out instantly, probably bots. Gamestop had some retarded queue implemented so I didn't bother keeping track of that. Amazon finally put theirs up about 45 minutes late, but the site wasn't slammed or anything and the order went through instantly.

Still mad I couldn't get either from GS in store for trade-in purposes, but I suppose it's better than not getting them at all.
Target was weird. I was able to finally bang through my order like 45 minutes after it went live after getting fucked with by their checkout scheme for a while.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Was able to get a PS5 from Walmart when they first went live since I was following Wario64. Seemed pretty easy. A few weeks ago tried to get an Anlogue Pocket that they announced the pre-order date ahead of time for. Was basically a lottery of luck if the order went through and didnt get one. Announcing pre-order time in advanced does not make it easier to get things in my experince.

spronk

FPS noob
PS5 was harder because it dropped kinda in a surprise way, first walmart dropped ~2 hours after the PS5 conference which implied preorders wouldn't start till the next day, then other sites started dropping PS5s in random intervals, and then of course Sony sent out direct PS5 links to "select" customers and it was very much a "are you favored or not?" situation. Plus it didn't help that they only sold 1 PS5-Digital for every 5 PS5 so there was a big imbalance in hardware that is functionally equivalent.

Xbox on the other hand gave very clear indications preorders wouldn't start until 8am PDT today, and everyone honored that - microsoftstore went live at exactly 759am and the site got crippled by the traffic but it was up for at least 2-3 hours and letting people preorder, you just got a lot of errors. Walmart, Target, and Amazon went up a bit randomly but were sold out in minutes. Gamestop in store was a joke, 6-12 consoles total for an 8am PDT sale time and their website was trash.

I'm pretty sure at least 50% of the purchases are scalpers and I think resell is gonna be weak on the xbox, there isn't that much brand loyalty to the Xbox, there is literally nothing this holiday that requires an SEX to play, the S is a weak baby console that is around the levels of a One X. I bet you'll see a ton of people cancel their orders as sales start flooding offerup, mercari, etc and everyone rushes to undercut each other.

PS5 and 3080 should continue to have strong demand though, while there isn't a whole lot PS5-only this holiday either there is at least Demon Souls and sorta Miles Morales and those are pretty big exclusives. Plus sony fans seem a bit more enthusiastic.

Best thing is to join a few discord groups that are hunting for consoles like Deals Supply and follow closely things like wario64s twitter account, especially if you know a console restock is happening. And restocks will definitely happen between now and launch.

you aren't alone in the frustration though, lol