The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Wait, where's the xbone thread?
Shit I need to eBay these quick!

giphy.gif

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This year is basically the perfect storm for scalping consoles and profitability. Kids have been suffering all year locked inside and out of their schools because of cuck government, new game console releases around Christmas season with the potential to make life less miserable for those kids. Parents aren't going to be spamming F5 on Best Buy all day and they sure as hell are going to want a console for their kids. Also big problems with scarcity and supply chains due to COVID and the fact that working from home has made it much easier for people to sit around and scalp shit all day.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This year is basically the perfect storm for scalping consoles and profitability. Kids have been suffering all year locked inside and out of their schools because of cuck government, new game console releases around Christmas season with the potential to make life less miserable for those kids. Parents aren't going to be spamming F5 on Best Buy all day and they sure as hell are going to want a console for their kids. Also big problems with scarcity and supply chains due to COVID and the fact that working from home has made it much easier for people to sit around and scalp shit all day.

Well I’m not scalping the new ones. I’m keep them I just wanna sell my Xbox X’s but after reading Vorph Vorph it sounds like GameStop out of the question.

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
Was 9 Series X / 2 Series S at the Gamestop I go to in Dayton Ohio , I arrived at 5:45AM and was 8th in line so I just barely got my Series X. Woulda ordered online but I'm short on cash this year so I plan to trade in my old console for $200 credit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I’m not scalping the new ones. I’m keep them I just wanna sell my Xbox X’s but after reading Vorph Vorph it sounds like GameStop out of the question.
Getting a PS5 or Series X from Gamestop is extremely unlikely at this point. Dude I talked to on the phone said he expected to get another wave at some point before 11/10-12 but when I asked how one might know to check he didn't really have an answer for me. They might have a waitlist, and they call people to inform them of new stock but won't hold anything over the phone, and I'm sure it has enough names on it now that people would get in and order them before they ever got to my name. Only other option would be calling or stopping in as often as possible, but that's too much of a pain in the ass for me.

I've thought about just trading them in without the extra $25, but it's not just the $50 loss, the other problem is then not having a $500 purchase to immediately dump all that store credit on. They do let you convert GS credit directly into PSN/MS Store credit though, so maybe it wouldn't be that terrible. I really didn't intend to spend a grand on consoles this year; cash back is much preferable. PC/consoles/guns/ammo is all the same budget. :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Getting a PS5 or Series X from Gamestop is extremely unlikely at this point. Dude I talked to on the phone said he expected to get another wave at some point before 11/10-12 but when I asked how one might know to check he didn't really have an answer for me. They might have a waitlist, and they call people to inform them of new stock but won't hold anything over the phone, and I'm sure it has enough names on it now that people would get in and order them before they ever got to my name. Only other option would be calling or stopping in as often as possible, but that's too much of a pain in the ass for me.

I've thought about just trading them in without the extra $25, but it's not just the extra $50, it's also having a $500 purchase to immediately dump all that store credit on. They do let you convert GS credit directly into PSN/MS Store credit though, so maybe it wouldn't be that terrible.
Hmmm plz keep me updated

Vorph

Hmmm plz keep me updated
I'd say your best bet is to call your local GS, explain to them that you really wanted to buy at least one of the consoles from them so you could trade-in (guy on the phone did tell me that trading 2 consoles towards 1 new purchase was fine btw) and see what they are doing to notify people if/when the next batch is available. A lot of that kind of stuff is totally up to the store managers.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'd say your best bet is to call your local GS, explain to them that you really wanted to buy at least one of the consoles from them so you could trade-in (guy on the phone did tell me that trading 2 consoles towards 1 new purchase was fine btw) and see what they are doing to notify people if/when the next batch is available. A lot of that kind of stuff is totally up to the store managers.
Ok thx

Vorph

That would mean MS would also own Atlus, which could finally force SMT and Persona onto Xbox and PC.

The whole thing seems pretty unlikely though, but then again I would have said the same thing about MS buying Zenimax.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
man, Microsoft going all out if buying Sega is legit. Obviously not right away but down the road they will be in good shape with exclusives

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Does SEGA actually have any IPs that people give a shit about? Does anyone care about Sonic the Hedgehog beyond retarded memes?

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
man, Microsoft going all out if buying Sega is legit. Obviously not right away but down the road they will be in good shape with exclusives
I agree, although by many people's definition nothing MS owns will be "exclusive" because it will be on both XSX/S and PC. They don't want "exclusives" per se, though, in the same way Sony wants them: Sony wants great games to get you to buy their consoles so you chose their platform overall. MS doesn't care so much about the platform. They want you to subscribe to their service. That is the target for MS, and why I say they are playing two different types of competitions. Sony wants to win the Console Wars again. Microsoft wants to be the Netflix of Gaming. They are buying Gaming Studios because they want content for MS GamePass; the Windows PC and XBox are just ways of delivering that content. They aren't selling games, they are selling monthly subs. Plus there is the opportunity/irony for MS to clean up some of Bethesda's shittier's business practices.

"We will have to buy out the entire cabin and the first class flight attendant." "I bought the entire airline." <all look stunned> "It seemed neater"

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When I say exclusive I really just mean zero, noda, not happening on playstation.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
f9bf98ea-7c28-4e54-8cc6-42ce0173895b.jpg

I actually kind of buy into this being some sort of hint on the sly, becasue there's nothing "iconic" about a blue Xbox controller. Also just a real random tweet in general. Also that controller is ugly as fuck and if it isn't a marketing tie in it has no business being produced in that color.

• 2Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
f9bf98ea-7c28-4e54-8cc6-42ce0173895b.jpg

I actually kind of buy into this being some sort of hint on the sly, becasue there's nothing "iconic" about a blue Xbox controller. Also just a real random tweet in general. Also that controller is ugly as fuck and if it isn't a marketing tie in it has no business being produced in that color.
I have to admit when I saw this today I thought "WTF is this blue?" It does look like Sonic Blue and white. Maybe? It may be a stretch but it wouldn't be the first time something like this was planned. Generally they are announced, though.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Does SEGA actually have any IPs that people give a shit about? Does anyone care about Sonic the Hedgehog beyond retarded memes?
Yakuza and Total War are both in a good place, and people still care about Phantasy Star. As for Sonic...yeah, mostly a meme, but at the same time, the Sonic Cycle is a thing for a reason. No matter how many times Sega trips over their own feet, people still turn out in the hope that this time we'll be getting the good one; and if they actually pull it off, people will show up in real numbers. Not a bad choice if Microsoft's looking for a fixer-upper IP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yakuza and Total War are both in a good place, and people still care about Phantasy Star. As for Sonic...yeah, mostly a meme, but at the same time, the Sonic Cycle is a thing for a reason. No matter how many times Sega trips over their own feet, people still turn out in the hope that this time we'll be getting the good one; and if they actually pull it off, people will show up in real numbers. Not a bad choice if Microsoft's looking for a fixer-upper IP.
Sonic Adventure remake is their best bet.