The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ultimately, it's a lot of content, and a lot of properties to continue creating that content with. More value for Game Pass. While Sony wants to sell another 100 million consoles, Microsoft wants their ecosystem to appeal to all 2 billion gamers with Game Pass in some form. Console, PC, mobile, etc.

We'll see soon if there are any surprises, not expecting an outright acquisition of Sega to be one.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does SEGA actually have any IPs that people give a shit about? Does anyone care about Sonic the Hedgehog beyond retarded memes?
Nostalgia. They also run the Yakuza series, which is really good, and PSO which makes Sega lots of $$ (MS is already in a partnership with Sega for PSO).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Nostalgia. They also run the Yakuza series, which is really good, and PSO which makes Sega lots of $$ (MS is already in a partnership with Sega for PSO).

Also, Sega owns Atlus. P5 was such a success, an exclusive for the next one would definitely be a system seller.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Does SEGA actually have any IPs that people give a shit about? Does anyone care about Sonic the Hedgehog beyond retarded memes?

alpha protocol 2 sega

and new Vegas 2 Obsidian/Bethesda

1600862672443.jpeg

giphy.gif

• 1I Came

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Seeing press and others disclosing they've already received Series X review units.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Buying SEGA means also owning Creative Assembly and the Total War series. They'd also likely control the license rights to games based on the Alien IP.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Buying SEGA means also owning Creative Assembly and the Total War series. They'd also likely control the license rights to games based on the Alien IP.
They killed it with Alien Isolation, damn shame that somehow it resulted in their sales being killed. One of the best survival horrors to date.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They killed it with Alien Isolation, damn shame that somehow it resulted in their sales being killed. One of the best survival horrors to date.

Always wanted this in VR.

• 1I Came

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just found out today that you can play Gamepass games with people on Steam. You link your Steam friends list and works just fine. This is a really awesome feature.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
There have been games in the past where this wasn't possible, but it's gotten better.

• 1Like

Vorph

$220... LOL. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though since they tried to sell a 1TB external SSD for Xbone for $200, but the difference this time is that it has to be in 'cartridge' form so you can't just go buy a better one that isn't Xbox-branded for $100. Also makes me wonder how long it will take some Chinese company to reverse engineer the pins on that cartridge and start selling an empty shell you can put any Gen 4 drive into.

Seeing as the Sony equivalent is actually more advanced tech (compared to this one which seems to just be your run of the mill m.2 2242 drive in a special case) I guess we can expect them to be asking at least $250 for their storage upgrade. Maybe a little less if there's actually some competition, since there's no exclusivity on PS5 like Seagate has with MS... still haven't heard a single mention of any of the major SSD brands having drives ready though, so I doubt you'll be expanding your PS5 storage at launch and probably not even this year.

Edit: Looks like the Samsung 980 Pro does meet Sony's specs, so there will be at least one drive available for the PS5. The 1TB version is going to be $230, 2TB supposedly out by end of year but will probably cost as much as a disc-less PS5. And you have to crack open the case to install it; no fancy cartridge slots on PS5.

Last edited:

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I haven't bought a console since the 360 but I have to admit Microsoft is talking me into signing up for GamePass and getting a Series S.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I haven't bought a console since the 360 but I have to admit Microsoft is talking me into signing up for GamePass and getting a Series S.

Worth mentioning people can still get Gamepass cheaper by signing up for live for up to 3 years and then convert it to Gamepass. And existing Gamepass subscribers can purchase EA sub and that converts at a reduced rate when merged this holiday season and cheaper. And MS Rewards can pay for Gamepass, and are Gamepass specific rewards to pay for itself. Or discounts on MS store gift cards to pay for stuff. They do a lot to get people on the platform and sub.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

I thought they were working on PSVR 2 which was rumored to be wireless this time. And obviously much better image quality and performance.