The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
PIcked up Divinity on PS4 for 12 bucks, started playing with a friend and holy fuck this game has so much depth. They don't hold your hand at all, no wonder it takes like 60 hours.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
A friend and I are also playing through Divinity at the moment. We've spent the last 4 hours of our game in town after arriving for the first time. Doing quests, stealing, upgrading equipment. It's going to take us forever to get through this game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
A friend and I are also playing through Divinity at the moment. We've spent the last 4 hours of our game in town after arriving for the first time. Doing quests, stealing, upgrading equipment. It's going to take us forever to get through this game.

Yeah, we are completely stuck on the murder. Not sure if we are supposed to move on and come back or what. We also found a grave, dug it up and it was filled with explosives and killed us. We hadn't saved in like an hour so we had to re-load and do all that shit again.

EDIT: There is also a lot of funny shit in this game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Dude you should watch us play four player coop. I always have a plan in divinity 2. And it usually involves nuking the shit out of us with fire. @TJT @goishen @persiansoap Trying to get done with the set up. Not going to make it. This is fun, albeit, hard.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Some Amazon preorders for the scorpio edition may have been pushed back to thursday - may want to check.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
That's the thing. There isn't going to be a console lifecycle anymore now that everything is x86. Look at everyone moving to 4k everything for some reason. Do you honestly think the games are going to run at a reasonable framerate at 4k? Of course they aren't. What's going to happen is you're going to be eager to buy the Next Console that allows you to buy the remaining N number of DLC packs for your existing games so you can play them at >= 60 fps.

Take a peek at PS NOW if you haven't already. That's the future. PlayStation Now – PS Now Subscription for 500+ PS4 & PS3 Games

Every Playstation from here on out is going to support that. Microsoft has a similar service already or in the works I'm sure.

Until US ISP's pull there head out of there fucking ass, PS Now is not the answer.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit this tv!!!!!!! Playing forza horizons and n hdr. Wow!!!!!!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Man, i hate Gamestop. Bunch of incompotent assholes. I pre-ordered my X through them based on that $150 S trade in and the fact I was told they were doing a 9pm release. I still haven't gotten the coupon for the trade deal even though I should have gotten it nearly a week ago. Last night when I went in there to ask them about it, not only did they not know about it, but they weren't even sure about the midnight launch.

This shit has been handled extremely poorly. I should have just used Best Buy, like always. I'm gonna call later and they keep fucking me around I'll just go get a refund and hit up Best Buy at midnight.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Man, i hate Gamestop. Bunch of incompotent assholes. I pre-ordered my X through them based on that $150 S trade in and the fact I was told they were doing a 9pm release. I still haven't gotten the coupon for the trade deal even though I should have gotten it nearly a week ago. Last night when I went in there to ask them about it, not only did they not know about it, but they weren't even sure about the midnight launch.

This shit has been handled extremely poorly. I should have just used Best Buy, like always. I'm gonna call later and they keep fucking me around I'll just go get a refund and hit up Best Buy at midnight.

The trade in coupon is in your PowerUp Rewards account, either on the website https://login.gamestop.com/profile#powerup or you can install the app on your phone, login, and let them scan the coupon straight from the phone. It went live on 11/1 in your account but they didn't email or let anyone know about it. Its of course entirely possible that the gamestop people who let you pre order an X didn't tell you that you needed a Powerup account to get the coupon when you pre ordered, and if you don't have one then you don't have a coupon either.

But yeah gamestop employees tend to be incredibly unhelpful although the one near me are very cool and helpful, like they let me know they are doing a 9pm X release, they will have a few scorpio extras if I want one (I am picking mine up from best buy though for the RZ points). People on CAG and reddit though know a lot more than employees.

Also if you have a Microsoft store near you they are doing a whole event starting at 5pm local time till 9pm+, usually they have decent food and prizes and stuff. I went last for the Halo 5 launch and we ate really well and got some nice schwag including an xbone controller and 1 year of gold.

edit: the xbox one X trade coupon is also apparently a generic coupon code for everyone, EBC3056927. You could tell that to an employee and have them type it up as a code when they take your S trade in. Code is valid until 11/12 and all employees should see it in their internal memo system (GSO).
XboxOne X MegaThread: Release Date is November 7th • r/GameStop

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I avoid GameStop at all costs these days

I usually do too.

The trade in coupon is in your PowerUp Rewards account, either on the website https://login.gamestop.com/profile#powerup or you can install the app on your phone, login, and let them scan the coupon straight from the phone. It went live on 11/1 in your account but they didn't email or let anyone know about it. Its of course entirely possible that the gamestop people who let you pre order an X didn't tell you that you needed a Powerup account to get the coupon when you pre ordered, and if you don't have one then you don't have a coupon either.

But yeah gamestop employees tend to be incredibly unhelpful although the one near me are very cool and helpful, like they let me know they are doing a 9pm X release, they will have a few scorpio extras if I want one (I am picking mine up from best buy though for the RZ points). People on CAG and reddit though know a lot more than employees.

Also if you have a Microsoft store near you they are doing a whole event starting at 5pm local time till 9pm+, usually they have decent food and prizes and stuff. I went last for the Halo 5 launch and we ate really well and got some nice schwag including an xbone controller and 1 year of gold.

edit: the xbox one X trade coupon is also apparently a generic coupon code for everyone, EBC3056927. You could tell that to an employee and have them type it up as a code when they take your S trade in. Code is valid until 11/12 and all employees should see it in their internal memo system (GSO).
XboxOne X MegaThread: Release Date is November 7th • r/GameStop

Why are you so much more helpful than people who work there?...lol. Thanks.

I have a Pro account, the coupon just never showed up in the app. I guess I'll pack up the S and see if they will do it with just that code.

Edit: Yeah, these guys are clowns. Told me no problem on the phone and then when i show up they tell me they can't accept the trade until after 6pm and tried to lowball me even with the coupon. I have a saved trade that says $100 that I did this morning that he claimed should have been only $90 and then he tried the coupon and it ended up $125 total. I told him the coupon clearly states $150 and he looked confused and told me my 500gb S was a differnet sku than the 500g S in the ad. Finally he said they'd work it out tonight.

If I show up at midnight and they keep fucking me around I'm just going to refund the $400 I've already dropped on the X pre-order, tell them to fuck themselves, and that will be the last time I shop there again. The steps these greasy mutherfuckers will go to scam someone out of $25 is hilarious.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are Move controllers actually considered a necessity for PSVR? I assumed they were a gimmick and if I got one I'd just use the DS4 for everything still.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The updated PS VR system also comes with a new Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit between the TV and the PS4.

Fuck. I use a splitter currently but it sure would be nice if they sold the processor unit seperately for people who already own the PSVR.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'd say you absolutely want the move controllers. You may not always want to use them if there is a choice of controllers, but they work and you need them for a lot of games like Superhot.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Microsoft added Skate 3, Gears of War 3, and Mirror's Edge to the X enhanced list. This is something that didn't really interest me to start with but after seeing games like Ninja Gaiden and Oblivion it's quickly becoming one of my favorite features.