The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, Im kind of bummed they are doing a completer reversal on all those shitty DRM stances. It would of been fun to watch the complete annihilation of the xbone.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Pretty cool of Microsoft and glad I preordered now. I've always preferred Xbox Live to PSN and all my friends/family have Xbox 360 anyway and will get Xbox One.
Get out, you can't afford this, is your latest single mother conquest paying for it?

Morbeas

Silver Squire
Well to directly address your concern, the new PS4 controller is thicker and everyone with a hands-on says it's great. Another benefit is the Playstation Plus being like half the price of Xbox Live! Gold, and has more benefits to boot. Aside from that, the PS4 is reportedly more powerful, has an upgradeable hard drive where the Xbone does not, and it's $100 cheaper. It doesn't require an online connection or game authentication, and it can't spy on you, unless you decide to buy the camera.
Thank you sir.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
they were getting hammered by the media. military personnel were slamming it, etc. polls had sony winning lime 90% of the voting..

glad this changed, but the initial damaged was done.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Get out, you can't afford this, is your latest single mother conquest paying for it?
Where did the assumption that I'm poor come from? I keep telling you not to believe everything your read/hear.

Also, do people really care about the price of Xbox Live? It's like $5 a month. Is that really meaningful to people?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
But I thought Major Nelson said in that AngryJoe video the other day that it wasn't easy to take away the 24 hour online DRM check and that if you weren't a DEVELOPER DEVELOPER DEVELOPER DEVELOPER then you had no right to talk about it?

Golt_sl

shitlord
This is awesome news if its all true, because Microsoft realized how bad they fucked up instead of just sticking with their anti consumer policies. I'm still more likely to get a PS4 first when they release, but i *may* actually get an xbone now eventually, instead of avoiding it entirely because of MS policies.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Microsoft went full retard.

Never go full retard.

If not for Sony they would of gotten away with it. Sony deserves my money just on that.

Regardless after being a live member since the original xbox and now having PSN+ there is NO comparison. PSN+ blows it out of the water. Especially now that the party issues have been addressed for the PS4.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I am kind of sad that this clusterfuck is over. It was highly entertaining.

spronk

FPS noob
it now boils down to

cons against xbox one:
- $100 more due to kinect
- 20-50% slower than ps4 due to ddr3 vs gddr5 & ESRAM, 3gb of memory taken up by Win8, slower clock speed of GPU/APU
- currently shitty at making deals with indie devs
- microsoft thought their DRM and used game ideas were great and were shocked when everyone hated it. If they suck at pretty obvious stuff like that, what other obvious things are they going to fuck up in the future

cons against ps4:
- multiplayer requires buying PS+
- different exclusives (halo, ryse, dr3, KI, titanfall? for xbone; killzone3, drive, infamous, ? for ps4)
- PS+ security was a joke years ago and the servers went down for months sometimes, if all MP is centralized through PS+ could have long downtimes

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's no way they will drop the Kinect requirement, without it the system loses part of its uniqueness.
It's actually impossible for them to remove Kinect requirement. The Xbox One doesn't have a physical on/off button. You HAVE to speak to it for it to turn on. So, if nothing else, you're still stuck with Kinect for that reason.

Cor_sl

shitlord
'Xbox 180' is trending on Twitter.

W4cqUVh.png

Definitely a better name than 'Xbox One'.