The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty good deals on the XB1X right now - and I have a Best Buy gift card to use, but if I have a solid PC and Game Pass Ultimate does it make much sense to get an X? And I do have a PS4 Pro.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jedi: Fallen Order
Death Stranding
Luigi Manson 3
Zelda: Link's Awakening
Mario Tennis Aces

That's my game list so far this Holiday season, but with my massive back log, I'm thinking I can cut out the Ps4 games, and just go with Switch since they will be played right away with the kids.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Finally a new Half Life comes along and I have no desire to play it because it's VR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think it will be a very good game. I just don’t have VR for my PC. It’s my office and also my drunken game night bedroom. 🤪 No room. :(

spronk

FPS noob
all xbox one controllers are $40 at the microsoft store, you can use xbox wallet money for the store too as a payment method. The gears 5 LE one is really nice and almost 50% off

can match it up with the controller charging station (comes with a rechargable battery)

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

all xbox one controllers are $40 at the microsoft store, you can use xbox wallet money for the store too as a payment method. The gears 5 LE one is really nice and almost 50% off

can match it up with the controller charging station (comes with a rechargable battery)

Gears sold out fast wow.

Crone

Probably get one to use on PC. Don't have to mess around with ps4 dualshock controller compatibility and crap.

Vorph

I remember you guys posting in the past as far as trading in your PS4 for ps4 pros. Is there an optimal way of doing this?
If you're still looking to do this, looks like Gamestop is currently giving 160 for an original and 190 for a slim PS4 (500GB models).

Vorph

If you've got Dollar General stores near you, you can grab a Gamestop $25-500 gift card for 15% off until Saturday as well. Various other stuff like psn and eshop too, but GS is the only one with variable amount.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
When are people going to realize. Cloud shit will never work in today's network environment. It never gets old how all these companies are trying to force services no one fucking wants while it degrades product development. (Just take a look at the mediocre launches of games on 1st party game pass) You can know that will get worse. And even * if * they fix the latency issues, we all still have bandwidth caps. Everyone here who wants to play 4k games while watching 4k streams and shows will hit that within a week.

Stadia bombed. Good riddance. Project Xcloud can fly a kite along with it. Streaming for movies and shows? Fantastic. 4k HDR and I even get Dolby Vision and Atmos on my Netflix now. They are getting pretty close to lossless at least. When it comes to Video games? Maybe a hundred years from now. What these companies need to do is concentrate on a download service, and then not fuck up their 1st party titles by leveraging that service as a pay wall to basically get what should be free to play games to saturate a base for their MTX systems.

Writing is on the wall here.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
No it isn't. Streaming will be fine for some games, not fine for others. Stadia is probably a non-starter, but there's no reason X-Box and PlayStation can't have some success with it. I don't know if it'll ever be the primary play method, but it obviously wouldn't happen for a while. For now it'll be fine to supplement playtime for certain games on the go.

Maybe they took away some budget from first party titles to help fund this, but do you know that for sure? They didn't necessarily do that. Especially in Microsoft's case where they may view this as as big a deal for Azure as they do for XBox. A lot of the funding and resources may have come from there and not been taken away from what would have otherwise been first party game development resources.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The current state of the internet, cloud/streaming(both the same right now) gaming is a crap shoot, no matter how optimized the network code is, there is too much "garbage" between Servers <-> End Users, both ways. (Google of all companies should have already known this.)

If you want it too work correctly, the whole Internet needs a ground up re-build too pure fibre.. and not that garbage dark fibre from the late 90's.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's not like a console, designed for everyone. Additionally it's also powering remote play from your console in the case of xCloud.

It's not a service designed for the lowest common denominator, in the case of MS and Sony (both with very different approaches) I think they'll continue to iterate and improve over subsequent generations but the features wont be going anywhere.

Crone

If you're still looking to do this, looks like Gamestop is currently giving 160 for an original and 190 for a slim PS4 (500GB models).
Awww shiiieee... I wish that this deal overlapped with discounted Ps4 Pro's!

I did a similar deal a while back and traded in my launch Ps4 for a Slim Ps4. Kind of want to do this again, and go for a Ps4 Pro since it gets used so much.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So it’s like VR?

giphy.gif

Except I always said VR was going to be huge.

This cloud streaming garbage is nothing more than tryinig to tie down people to services on other devices they already bought so 1) Sony and MS can get out of the hardware business. 2) They can shift the base (traditionally hardware) to a service base, get people to pay a subscription for free to play games, and litter the field with mobile/MTX systems. 3) In Microsoft's case, drive everyone to Azure, the real money maker, and Trojan horse the video game market to do so. (You should have seen what they tried to do with MS Teams video interop, which is a nightmare right now because of their heavy handed restrictions on standards based video interop IE: Everything must touch Azure.)

And aside from all this, none of the network infrastructure is there, and with bandwidth caps it stifles the market they want to create. At this point, I am almost happy they have bandwidth caps. It will unintentionally stop them dead in their tracks from launching this garbage and getting traction.

Edit: And even after ALL this is taken care of, and let's say it goes through as planned, let's take a look at how GAAS is working so far today with their own respective services of mediocre at best games, and downright trash for most.

1) Anthem - EA - Multiplayer - Origin Premiere - We all know how this one turned out.
2) Jedi Order - EA - Single player - Origin Premiere - Mediocre at best.
3) Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Ubisoft - Single/Multi - Ubipass - Horrid.
4) Any 1st party MS game on Gamepass - Microsoft - Most are just flat out bad, some are passable at best.
5) Division 2 - Lol
6) Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3 (lol) ....

I could go on and on here. What you are seeing is an emergence of lack of effort, funding, and down denominating passable games to fit a static revenue model they can predict, using all these titles and the service itself as the new market base to target MTX systems (Only Jedi excluded from that comment)

Now imagine if cloud takes hold and everything turns into a service? Good bye gaming. Nuke it from orbit.

Last edited: