The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
Two words

Horizon two

current Xbox game studios working on presumably exclusive xbox/PC games for 2020/2021

343 - Halo
Double Fine - ?
Compulsion Games - ? (We Happy Few)
inXile - ? (Wasteland, Bards Tale)
Mojang - ? (Minecraft)
Ninja Theory - Hellblade 2 (Devil May Cry, Enslaved)
Obsidian Entertainment - ? (Outer Worlds, Fallout New Vegas, South Park)
Playground Games - unannounced RPG and car game (Forza Horizon)
Rare - ? (Sea of Thieves)
Coalition - Microsoft Flight Simulator, ? (Gears 5)
Initiative - ?
Turn 10 - Forza Motorsports 8
Undead Labs - ? (State of Decay)
World's Edge - ? (Age of Empires)

They have a total of 15 studios working on games, some on multiple teams/games. No real guarantee of success but they have been plugging away at it for at least 2 years now, some longer, so its gonna be interesting at least.

Sony has actually fewer now I think due to consolidations, although they have been far, far, far more successful

Guerilla - Killzone, Horizon Zero Dawn
SIE London - Blood and Truth (PSVR)
SIE Manchester - unannounced PSVR
Media Molecule - Dreams
SIE Bend Oregon - Days Gone, Bubsy, Syphon Filter
Insomniac - Spider-Man, Ratcher and Clank, Spyro, Resistance
Naughty Dog - well
SIE San Diego - MLB 2020, rumor of Uncharted 5/spinoff
SIE Santa Monica - God of War
Sucker Punch (Washington) - Infamous, Sly Cooper, Ghost of Tsushima

so yeah pound for pound sony is batting 800 and Microsoft is batting 200 or less but is The Last of Us 2 a sign that things have gone wrong at Sony?

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
so yeah pound for pound sony is batting 800 and Microsoft is batting 200 or less but is The Last of Us 2 a sign that things have gone wrong at Sony?
So 1 game that hasn't even come out yet, which will still sell a lot, is going to be the downfall of Sony?
giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Two more:

From exclusive
That will get hit by the SJW hammer lol 😂

xbox picking up some Japanese games now too which is nice.

I have zero faith in them putting out anything worth a shit for awhile tho.

Last edited:

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two more:

From exclusive

I seriously doubt from will ever release a ps exclusive again, 4k 60+ upscales of older games notwithstanding. They have what's got to be one of the top 5 most rabid fanbases in all of gaming, particularly among pc as well as ps gamers. The backlash would be INSANE if they pulled such a move. I'd love a Bloodborne 2 (as long as i don't have to deal with the ghastly bloodborne 1 performance, which should be easy enough on the ps5) but I really see it less and less likely with each From release, particularly as the last one garnered the goty award. If it does happen, i think it's the single title most likely to outright win the nextgen war. Naughty and santa monica and the like sell more abd get more effusive press coverage, but as far as getting legions of jaded PC types like us to invest in consoles we're otherwise disinterested in, there's really just from.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're probably right, barring Sony showing up with a truckload of cash to have them make Bloodborne 2. Sony's JapanStudio owns that IP just like they own Demon's Souls (and rumor has it that one's got a full remake in the works and not just an upscaled remaster, and it will certainly be a PS5 exclusive).

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I seriously doubt from will ever release a ps exclusive again, 4k 60+ upscales of older games notwithstanding. They have what's got to be one of the top 5 most rabid fanbases in all of gaming, particularly among pc as well as ps gamers. The backlash would be INSANE if they pulled such a move. I'd love a Bloodborne 2 (as long as i don't have to deal with the ghastly bloodborne 1 performance, which should be easy enough on the ps5) but I really see it less and less likely with each From release, particularly as the last one garnered the goty award. If it does happen, i think it's the single title most likely to outright win the nextgen war. Naughty and santa monica and the like sell more abd get more effusive press coverage, but as far as getting legions of jaded PC types like us to invest in consoles we're otherwise disinterested in, there's really just from.

I agree with everything you said on principal but I could see Sony opening their wallet and Japanese companies seem to give zero fucks about anything outside of Japan. Tide may be changing on this though as some of the Capcom/From/Square/Tecmo PC ports over the past couple years have been really good.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sekiro is vastly overrated, was the worst of the games they’ve made and I’d say not even as good as Nioh.

Thats not to say it was bad, but to me it was a clear step backwards

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sekiro is vastly overrated, was the worst of the games they’ve made and I’d say not even as good as Nioh.

Okay, but that doesn't really undermine any claim i made about the likelihood of another ps exclusive. For the record i loved it, but i 100% understand and do not disagree with common criticisms.

Vorph and njal - agreed. Sony bribing from is basically the only way i see it happening.

Vorph

I'd go so far as to say that Nioh 2 is vastly superior at this point. I was really skeptical about Sekiro and didn't preorder, but still bought it on a whim come release day because of the early reviews. Biggest gaming regret of 2019 by far.

as long as i don't have to deal with the ghastly bloodborne 1 performance,
I'm replaying BB now, always wanted to try an arcane build and also because I'm ashamed to admit I've owned the DLC for years and never actually played it. But holy shit is it hard to play right after Nioh 2 with its rock-stable 60 fps. I don't remember noticing it this much back in 2015, but BB is really rough. Definitely some drops into the 20's, and it just feels laggy, like I'm playing it on Remote Play even when I'm sitting in front of my TV. At least the load times are vastly better than they were when I originally played it though.

• 1Solidarity

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nioh 1 and 2 are way better than sekiro, but i also think they're way better than at least half of the soulsborne catalog too. Another truly killer sony franchise. And yes the 60fps is truly appreciated. I am told they offer the exact same 3 settings on base ps4 also, just at lower dynamic res ranges. I find this to be truly exceptional consideration for player preferences and really wish every console game offered such. Although nobody in their right mind should opt for anything other than locked 60 in a game like nioh.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Okay, but that doesn't really undermine any claim i made about the likelihood of another ps exclusive. For the record i loved it, but i 100% understand and do not disagree with common criticisms.

Vorph and njal - agreed. Sony bribing from is basically the only way i see it happening.
Oh I know this was more of a tangent than related to the point of your post. I agree with you, just wanted to bring it up since the topic was there

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nioh 1 and 2 are way better than sekiro, but i also think they're way better than at least half of the soulsborne catalog too. Another truly killer sony franchise. And yes the 60fps is truly appreciated. I am told they offer the exact same 3 settings on base ps4 also, just at lower dynamic res ranges. I find this to be truly exceptional consideration for player preferences and really wish every console game offered such. Although nobody in their right mind should opt for anything other than locked 60 in a game like nioh.
My main Nioh complaints are level design and enemy variety. And they could use some gear effect consolidation or removal even. But at a technical level it’s pretty much flawless except for the occasional bullshit 360 mid air attack tracking

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'd go so far as to say that Nioh 2 is vastly superior at this point. I was really skeptical about Sekiro and didn't preorder, but still bought it on a whim come release day because of the early reviews. Biggest gaming regret of 2019 by far.

I'm replaying BB now, always wanted to try an arcane build and also because I'm ashamed to admit I've owned the DLC for years and never actually played it. But holy shit is it hard to play right after Nioh 2 with its rock-stable 60 fps. I don't remember noticing it this much back in 2015, but BB is really rough. Definitely some drops into the 20's, and it just feels laggy, like I'm playing it on Remote Play even when I'm sitting in front of my TV. At least the load times are vastly better than they were when I originally played it though.
There is a 60FPS mod out for Bloodborne.

The DLC is amazing. Only PS4 game I've platinumed.

Vorph

Shit, after reading about that mod I just realized that I turned boost mode off on my Pro while testing something in another game.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
My brother and I were looking for a co op game and we tried Journey to the Savage Planet on Xbox game pass and it was a really nice surprise. It's basically a co op Metroid Prime style game with a far less serious aesthetic. If you have game pass highly recommend giving it a shot. Noticed Streets of Rage 4 exists and is on game pass so will probably be doing that next as we played the hell out of part 2 when we were kids.