The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
With the level of game selection available and the size of my backlog, I can't ever fathom paying $70 for a game, let alone $60. Shit, I think the most expensive game I've purchased in recent memory was $30. Way too many sales and gaming sites nowadays to ever pay full price.
Not to mention even games without mtx still have DLCs that end up costing $30-40. While some of them are worth it and truly feel like additional content rather than content ripped out of the game to be sold for more money, most of them are not this way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
With the level of game selection available and the size of my backlog, I can't ever fathom paying $70 for a game, let alone $60. Shit, I think the most expensive game I've purchased in recent memory was $30. Way too many sales and gaming sites nowadays to ever pay full price.
Meh, not a big difference imo. I only buy games new every now and then anyway so I wouldn't mind for games I really want to play NOW, and for everything else I'll just wait for sales as usual. This is a console thing too, on PC even new games are cheaper(at least Steam ones, haven't followed up on EGS giving keys for resellers yet or not like Steam does).

So far this year I bought 2 games on release, Iceborne(which was technically an expansion, not a full game) and Trials of Mana(which wasn't a full price game anyway). I'll probably be buying Cyberpunk too but don't think I'll be buying anything else, and it's pretty consistent with other years, 2-3 games a year at full price, so it's not a HUGE deal, at least for me. So I don't think I'd mind, but it might make me reconsider some.

I don't think it's really confirmed though that it's gonna be a widespread thing just yet.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Step 1) Buy the console with a disc drive
Step 2) Buy the discs when they are discounted to $20
Step 3) Oh no, look at all the crying from the digital-only crowd when everything stays full price for them. That sucks.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
eh i dunno digital sales tend to be better than physical sales especially as time goes on, the only exception being games no one should play like Anthem or Fallout 76

on xbox

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

I was actually hoping for a MS / Epic partnership, an extension of Play Anywhere / Game Pass on the Epic Store, breaking out of requiring the use of the Microsoft Store and another way for Epic to lure people over from Steam.

But if this could become a vector for more Sony games on PC, bring it on. I expect this is all investment/developer-centric though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And here I was thinking I couldn't possibly dislike the current state of Sony any more...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I also love that actor from breaking bad being the villain in FC6.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
*sigh* Yes it does. Decided I was done with AC, but I'm going to need to pick this one up anyways.

Well played, Ubi. Damn it.
Same, if by'pick up' you mean 'sub to uplay+ for a month once all the DLC is out'. Or maybe even at release now that I think abut it, since Ubi fucking ruined Odyssey in between release and the last of the DLC, so much so that I never even played all the DLC that I own on PS4. Worst part is how obvious it was that everything they shit up was purely done to sell their retarded MTX. Since they pandered to a bunch of lunatics on twiiter and retardera for the DLC I don't really feel like I missed out on a whole lot anyway.

The Watchdogs Legion stuff was weird. They don't even try to pretend that you're playing as anything but the villain, might as well just have the main character wear an Antifa shirt the whole time. And I thought the game was supposed to be pretty much gun-less? Did someone finally realize that would make for terrible gameplay even in the nanny state capital of the world?

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The Watchdogs Legion stuff was weird. They don't even try to pretend that you're playing as anything but the villain, might as well just have the main character wear an Antifa shirt the whole time. And I thought the game was supposed to be pretty much gun-less? Did someone finally realize that would make for terrible gameplay even in the nanny state capital of the world?
Watchdogs is one of those games where the term 'ludonarrative dissonance' would get thrown around a lot, and with some justification. Both games had tons of guns (in WD1, you could straight up go to a local gun store and buy a grenade launcher), but stories where it made little to no sense that the characters were actually using them. Especially in WD2, where all the characters were of the "lul cyberpranksters" variety and had no violent tendencies.

Personally, I would've leaned into that for the sequel, and cut all guns in favor of more Hacking the World, but they clearly decided to go the other direction and make the scenario so over the top that any level of violence would feel appropriate.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Since no one mentioned it, pandemics won't slow Devolver down:

Not sure Devolverland is worth the 7GB download, but its certainly an alternative to everyone else's methods.

• 1WTF

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So my Xbox Live account was hacked and all my personal information removed from the account making it nigh impossible to retrieve. I wouldn’t be so pissed if I didn’t have the ultimate pass until 2022 and Microsoft’s CS wasn’t so goddamned pathetic. I got the notification of a password change request and responded within 10 minutes of the email - no fucking help.

I’ll be getting all of the games I was playing via other free means now...

• 1Like