The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

giphy.gif

lol some mod on resetERA got banned because it turned out he was the source for all the "PS5 does 4k super badly" rumors going around this week and he made it all up, something about all the bad news about xbox and he wanted to even things out. what a retard

heres the screenshots but i wouldn't bother reading it, i can't even ever figure out how this shit is supposed to be even readable on twitter
giphy.gif

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tbh I couldn't care less whether we're at 1440p or 1900p or 2160p with heavy checkerboarding or whatever - the quality of sony's software supercedes these considerations. But if it looks like we're getting another gen where the majority of their titles are saddled with 30hz bs I'm probably going to wait like years to buy it. We've been at 100+ fps standard for years on pc, and I clearly remember ps2 titles like timesplitters running at 60fps. I seriously don't understand how console players tolerate it - there's some extremely popular, mainstream games that give them a taste of higher framerates, like call of duty .

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's the console + a game, so $540 would be much more likely, with a $59.99 game. Could even see it being some $99.99 version of Halo, and a $500 console.

Either way, $599 wouldn't be a surprise.

Who knows, the One X is $499 and the last Taco Bell promotion included that, 6 months of Ultimate ($59.99) and the Series 2 Elite Controller ($179.99) and listed an ARV of $599.

spronk

FPS noob

sounds more and more like X will be $550-600 but also be quite powerful. too bad it ain't got any games. still, it might play cyberpunk really, really well. better than 1080ti's and maybe even 2080 ti's?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

sounds more and more like X will be $550-600 but also be quite powerful. too bad it ain't got any games. still, it might play cyberpunk really, really well. better than 1080ti's and maybe even 2080 ti's?

That last tweet is v misleading. The actual article just says amd confirmed x is rdna 2 while theres no confirmation for ps5 as of now. Wierd as its presented as a quote and not an inaccurate paraphrase..

More importantly i was unaware series S specs were out. What kills me is the no disc drive at all! WTF Microsoft??? I really liked the idea of a cheap machine able to play the massive two decade library of dirt cheap xbox OG to one games in high quality..

Also it wont have all modern gen games as it says "X exclusives"

Thanks for fucking over consumers bro. I prob would have tried game pass and bought some new gen games on it. Maybe bought an X as my library got bigger and i enjoyed it.

Nowi dont see myself buying an xbox save maybe a one X for old games when price is 150 ro 200 or so.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That last tweet is v misleading. The actual article just says amd confirmed x is rdna 2 while theres no confirmation for ps5 as of now. Wierd as its presented as a quote and not an inaccurate paraphrase..

Color me shocked. M$ has these little moles everywhere.

" Tom Warren is a Senior Editor for The Verge. Tom previously founded WinRumors, a site dedicated to Microsoft news, before joining The Verge. Tom also used to work as an enterprise project manager in a variety of investment banks, and has a background in IT and Windows engineering. "

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So after 6 years my original PS4 (got it with Destiny release) gave up the ghost and died with the BLOD. My kids have been using it but still sucks right before launch to have died. Yes, I have tried everything but the washer trick (new power and hmdi cables, new hdd, starting with without a HDD, new outlet/powerstrip, no cables at all. Kids and I had just downloaded Fall Guys but all it had to do was last another two months and then who cares? There's about to be a glut, even. Come on, Sony, DO BETTER. /sarc.

spronk

FPS noob
No surprise, Activision has confirmed next gen games starting with Call of Duty will cost $70

• 1Barf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So after 6 years my original PS4 (got it with Destiny release) gave up the ghost and died with the BLOD. My kids have been using it but still sucks right before launch to have died. Yes, I have tried everything but the washer trick (new power and hmdi cables, new hdd, starting with without a HDD, new outlet/powerstrip, no cables at all. Kids and I had just downloaded Fall Guys but all it had to do was last another two months and then who cares? There's about to be a glut, even. Come on, Sony, DO BETTER. /sarc.

Have you tried booting up in save mode? Can it even get that far? Sure you have but curious.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Have you tried booting up in save mode? Can it even get that far? Sure you have but curious.
Won't go anywhere past the Blue Light of Death, no signal of any sort. Trying to get into safe mode it just powers back off. Called Sony, they will do a repair for $100 and are sending me all the stuff to cross-ship it. If nothing else, hopefully it gets my kids save games back. If not, its a wash and I get a console to trade in or put in an unused room as a blue ray player.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think anyone expected backward compatibility to be for previous gens? Did they? That wasn't even a thing I had considered when it was announced tbh, it makes kinda no sense. I'm sure they could emulate them but that wouldn't be quite the same thing and there's just no realistic way they're doing hardware backward compatibility with widely different systems like that. That sounds like some clickbait shit or I don't know maybe people had different expectations than what I had.

• 1Solidarity