The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Has it been said that only the Xbox is getting dedicated servers for CoD? Last time around the PS3 had dedicated servers while the 360 had P2P IIRC, so the announcement that the new CoD would have dedicated servers didn't seem to imply they had it exclusively.
Pretty sure all COD games on both consoles have used P2P hosting to date.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Wasn't able to watch any of this, but did they show any OS/interface stuff at all?
Yeah, they showed quite a bit of it at the beginning of the conference. Unfortunately, the director thought floating camera shots of the audience were more interesting, so it was hard to get a proper view of the OS. Hopefully Sony will upload a direct feed video soon.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I honestly dont know what you guys expect. This launch generation has probably the most big titles ever. Sure, most of them are on PC as well but I don't see how that really takes away from the console lineup.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont mean weak in terms of numbers, just the games do not appeal. Killzone looks good, but RYSE and Forza are on XB1. I initially thought RYSE would be shit but supposedly its been tweaked to not be super fluff gay as originally thought. The CoD dedicated servers on XB1 also gave friends a boner so they went all in instantly.

Not like it matters, i fully paid for both months ago, but i was hoping to see more appealing games at the start.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
None of you care about the fact that Xbox and only Xbox is going to have dedicated servers for COD? I know this forum is rampant of anti COD, but surely this is going to sway some people... I know I was pretty committed to ditching the Xbox, but when COD is the game I play most with friends I find it hard to ditch dedicated servers. Not to mention the fact that my friends who aren't as up to date on this kind of stuff intended on getting an Xbox just because that's "what they've always had".
Xbro and CODbro panties have pretty much dropped to the floor, yes. Note that the Titanfall guys have said that the PC version uses the same cloud servers. I'm not sure how that translates to things like games sold on steam or whatever with GFW gone.

It's pathetic that Activision is so fucking cheap that they dicked over an entire generation with p2p dogshit because they "didn't like third parties making money hosting our game"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
titanfall looks amazing. Mech warfare + jetpacks.

With that kind of game though the gameplay is key. For it to be as fun to play as it looks in the trailer you have to have the game set up where jumping around like a madman is optimal gameplay. If it's built like most FPS the optimal gameplay is much more boring.