The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I still use a 40 inch tv.... LG LED. I guess I am below your standards since I don't have it in my kitchen and a 600 inch in my living room. Probably not going to upgrade until I get a house, priorities for me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why do I have to do this workaround? It should work as intended.
You don't have to. You can try to download it through your PS4 while the servers are hammered and possibly time out several times or you can just download it now.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Who has a 40" TV in this day and age though? Christ - my KITCHEN TV that is getting ready to go to the dumpster Black Friday is a 40"... Our real TV's start at 51" minimum.... and I'm a bargain shopper when it comes to TVs...
Because of viewing distance and people that live in small apartments? Some people don't have a need for a 55"+ when their couch is 7 feet away from the thing.

TV Viewing Distance Calculator: What Screen Size To Buy?

There also may not be a lot of people that make a lot of money so they try to get something they can afford.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Checked in this morning with my local Gamestop, Walmart, Target and Best Buy and they were all sold out of PS4's. Just got back from Costco and picked up my PS4 bundle and there was no one around. They had a standing stock of a little over 100 or so. Everyone always forgets about Costco...

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still use a 40 inch tv.... LG LED. I guess I am below your standards since I don't have it in my kitchen and a 600 inch in my living room. Probably not going to upgrade until I get a house, priorities for me.
True, guess depending on where you're at a 40" might get by. I'm really used to small rooms being at least 12" on their short side... and looking at apartments recently (if we head to FL it's gonna be an apartment, screw being on the tab for hurricane issues if the insurance company screw around like they did up here for our hurricane a couple years ago...) that does seem like it's a rarity.

Didn't mean it offensively, just that 51"+ have been so affordable recently its a bit surprising to me that many would opt against them.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You actually should be sitting at about 7 feet away from a 55", even according to the site you linked.

7.5 Feet is the maximum for a 55" according to SMPTE viewing angle calculations. For THX, the recommended on a 55" is 6.1 feet.

Viewing Distance Calculator

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
True, guess depending on where you're at a 40" might get by. I'm really used to small rooms being at least 12" on their short side... and looking at apartments recently (if we head to FL it's gonna be an apartment, screw being on the tab for hurricane issues if the insurance company screw around like they did up here for our hurricane a couple years ago...) that does seem like it's a rarity.

Didn't mean it offensively, just that 51"+ have been so affordable recently its a bit surprising to me that many would opt against them.
No offense taken, I (and assume most) have had no reason to upgrade. When I do upgrade, it'll be big.. but for now I'm good.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't have to. You can try to download it through your PS4 while the servers are hammered and possibly time out several times or you can just download it now.
thank you. but I wasn't being serious
frown.png

Vaclav

You actually should be sitting at about 7 feet away from a 55", even according to the site you linked.

7.5 Feet is the maximum for a 55" according to SMPTE viewing angle calculations. For THX, the recommended on a 55" is 6.1 feet.

Viewing Distance Calculator
To be fair though Sean, those THX figures are borderline to me, I've used it before and with my awesome eyes its hard to distinguish differences (although possible, but you've gotta really focus on it) at the ranges they talk about for SMPTE - I used them as a guideline when I bought as well for setting up my seating, but I can only imagine someone with 30/20 or something being having much more leeway since it really seems those figures are geared towards PERFECT vision.

Vaclav

No offense taken, I (and assume most) have had no reason to upgrade. When I do upgrade, it'll be big.. but for now I'm good.
I will say though with the PS4's extra power, you are gonna miss out on it for the forseeable future though, unless you've pretty much got your nose on the TV though - since 720 vs 1080 is such a small difference on that size. But when that day comes you'll be able to fully appreciate it.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So is it just different city to city ?
You aren't finding any around here costco to gamestop to targets and so on are cleaned out

- am selling my amazon preorder for 175 over ( mine is cheapest on local CL ) as soon as it comes in today guys meeting me at bank 1 mile down the road.

I have 5 others emailing me for the same ad offering to pay 200 over with cash in hand immediately.

I fucking knew I should have ordered more when they went up.