The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Needless

Toe Sucker
Interesting.. my power just went out mid BF4, the system ended up booting up in safe mode to see if anything was damaged.. neat.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Well hot damn.1 million sold in the first 24 hours. Not shipped, sold. I wonder if this huge number will correlate to how much this stuff will sell during the rest of the year. Console gaming sure is super dead, huh.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm getting extremely excited for the Xbox one's launch in Australia this friday. IMO Dead Rising 3 is a much better launch title then Killzone. I also think Ryse could be a decent one play through kind of game...PS4 launches the following week here.

Coren_sl

shitlord
Well hot damn.1 million sold in the first 24 hours. Not shipped, sold. I wonder if this huge number will correlate to how much this stuff will sell during the rest of the year. Console gaming sure is super dead, huh.
For a note of comparison, back in 2006 the Wii took 8 days to reach 600k in the Americas; and Sony's 1 million PS4s sold to customers is just from the NA launch.

Coren_sl

shitlord
On the flip side, Digital Foundry got a hold of Dead Rising 3, and in their technical analysis of it, despite running at 720p, it couldn't maintain even a steady 20 fps, sometimes dropping as low as 10.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Day 3 of owning a ps4: No problems noticed thus far. Standby mode works great. Games install overnight don't even have to worry about that shit at all. Boots right up instantaneously the next morning.

Satisfaction rating thus far: 100%

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_49712.png

Szlia

When all is said and done and we look back at this generation of consoles I suspect we'll say that Snowden killed the Xbox One.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
The explanation is horrible. I've been googling everything also the Brightness seemed WAY to low so I went into options and turned it up so I can see everything.

Also this is essential when you start getting mods which should happen very early on ( and you'll get a few if you get the PS Plus pack)
Warframe Guides: Mod Explanation And Fusion - YouTube
Thanks for that video. I was blindly messing with it some last night and fused mods together to get a better Pressure Point (melee damage) mod but really didnt get the mechanics of it. Gonna go rank up some of my Warframe's powers with the crap mods Ill never use that I picked up.

Also, are there any tangible benefits to playing co-op vs solo other than just killing stuff faster? I did a few games with people who just ran off and destroyed everything, I think I got one shot in on something the entire level. I got finished fast but my exp gain was horrible.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have a blister on my left thumb from Resogun. I'm such a pussy...

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1 million sold because half of those got returned and had to buy new ones! Seriously though the .4% is probably correct for defective consoles. You just have a very vocal butthurt few that got the blue light of death.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nice. Playstation 2 sold about half a million in it's first day, and PS3 sold 600K in the first 48 hours

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
1 million sold because half of those got returned and had to buy new ones! Seriously though the .4% is probably correct for defective consoles. You just have a very vocal butthurt few that got the blue light of death.
Yeah if they sold through a million in a day, it seems likely that there would be some failures, and those failures are going to be from people who are early adopters of tech, which makes them more likely to talk about the problem online, thus amplifying the perception that more are failing than actually are.

Not that that's any sort of salve for the people having to deal with this issue...