The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"Wow this game looks good"

PLAYSTATION 4 GAMEPLAY - Call of Duty: Ghosts Multiplayer 1080p HD (PS4 Ghost Graphics) - YouTube

TmMsvkK.png

Juvarisx

Florida
Is the fact you are watching that YouTube video at 360p supposed to be part of the troll or are you just retarded and forgot the cog says hd on it when looking at a vid in HD

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is the fact you are watching that YouTube video at 360p supposed to be part of the troll or are you just retarded and forgot the cog says hd on it when looking at a vid in HD
I thought that too at first but apparently nope, it just looks like shit. Also the truck is in the ground it looks like, could be perspective but just looks like uneven ground with no physics so it clips through the truck. It is pretty funny though that the guy just says "wow this game looks good" right when he passes the shitty textures truck then he's like "the colors are much more vibrant" when the level is brown and grey.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought it was a given everyone knew that CoD is using some engine from like 1999 or some shit. Modified doom engine lol.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure those videos are from someone playing CoD while the game is still installing in the background. You can start playing straight away but the textures will look like ass until the game is completely done installing.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Why It Matters That PS4 Games Are Higher-Resolution Than Xbox One

ku-xlarge.gif

This GIF isn't a good example of the quote below. I personally like the darker look than the lighter one. It seems more realistic, IMHO. It's also very poor quality for both versions.

I've played all of the above games (the cross platform titles) on both consoles on my home TV, and I now play them only on PS4. Why? I like the controller, sure, but mostly it's because, with the exception of Need for Speed: Rivals, the PS4 versions all look noticeably better. (Rivals looks about the same on both.) Battlefield 4 is a fine-looking game, and the higher resolution on PS4 makes distant objects clearer on my TV. The colors look sharper, too. Assassin's Creed IV looks gorgeous on PS4, and it's noticeably crustier on Xbox One.
ku-xlarge.jpg

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was a given everyone knew that CoD is using some engine from like 1999 or some shit. Modified doom engine lol.
Considering Iknowthat CoD just uses a chunk of the Quake(world) netcode for multiplayer (and not rendering or whatever it is you are suggesting), I wouldn't say everyone lol.

The "truth" is that the CoDs are on such a tight production schedule that this year's entries are still firmly last-gen. Also, whatever shambling corpse they call Infinity Ward is the studio least equipped to make a next-gen version.

spronk

FPS noob
I've played all the way through act1 & 2 of the pc and ps4 version of AC4, and definitely noticed a minor improvement in the PC version for graphics, I have the pirated PC version so I see all the bullshit DLCs without paying more but do multiplayer on PS4. Maybe its just my TV or something but on the PS4 version one really, really obvious thing I have seen is that when you are on top of a tower to do the vision sync thing, Edward appears with a slight jaggy "halo" as he does his 360 thing, whereas its just smooth as silk on PC with no jaggies. You can also notice it on ropes and other stuff with edges, but the tower thing is the most visible to me.

it is also pretty lame that the playstation "exclusive" DLC, the Aveline 3 mission 30 minute story, is 100% on PC. how the fuck is that exclusive

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
it is also pretty lame that the playstation "exclusive" DLC, the Aveline 3 mission 30 minute story, is 100% on PC. how the fuck is that exclusive
"console exclusive"

The consoles are not competing with PC's. They are competing with each other. They will almost always call a game that only appears on one console, but still on PC, an exclusive. It's stupid, yes.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
"console exclusive"

The consoles are not competing with PC's. They are competing with each other. They will almost always call a game that only appears on one console, but still on PC, an exclusive. It's stupid, yes.
When is someone out there going to wisen up and sell a platform agnostic version of a game (Get a version for whatever platform you want) at a surcharge of $89.99. With cross saving based on account. For instance, play Blackflag on your PS4, it carries over to your PC and you can start where you left off.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When is someone out there going to wisen up and sell a platform agnostic version of a game (Get a version for whatever platform you want) at a surcharge of $89.99. With cross saving based on account. For instance, play Blackflag on your PS4, it carries over to your PC and you can start where you left off.
I'm not sure if I'd pay a 50% premium to get it, but I would definitely fall into a demo-graph that would be interested in such a feature. Hell I'd do the same thing for movies (fuck buying a movie again in every new format/definition), music too.

regret_sl

shitlord
Yes, please. Agnostic versions of Dark Souls 2, The Division and The Crew would be instant buys.

It'll never happen but one can dream.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yes, please. Agnostic versions ofDark Souls 2,The Division and The Crew would be instant buys.

It'll never happen but one can dream.
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Are you saying you want to buy one copy and play it on all three systems?

regret_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure From will release it for next gen, too. It'll be like GTA V in that everyone knows it's coming (to PC) but no one will admit to it until it's announced.