The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not even going to renew my ps+ until something good comes along
The Binding of Issac Rebirth was an amazing deal last month for PS+ owners. I'd already bought it on Steam but play it more on my PS4 since I don't actually have a controller for my PC and it just plays so perfectly there. Can't believe they gave out for free an entirely new top quality indie game on release day to PS plus owners.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Binding of Issac Rebirth was an amazing deal last month for PS+ owners. I'd already bought it on Steam but play it more on my PS4 since I don't actually have a controller for my PC and it just plays so perfectly there. Can't believe they gave out for free an entirely new top quality indie game on release day to PS plus owners.
It's already an almost daily play on my Vita, such a good game for free and multiplatform.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
COD:AW isn't too bad SP campaign is fun MP is ehh... COD
if you have kids they may like little big planet 3, its a bit buggy though and it takes a while for the user-created maps to get good

can't think of much beyond gta5, tlou, far cry 4, DA3, and Diablo3 to play on the PS4 right now.

you can also just grab 2 copies of one game and trade in the second copy for $40-44 best buy GC, fund a future purchase

PS4 TLOU digital is $20 and Unity for xbox one is $24 on gamedealdaily
Assassins Creed Unity Full Game Download
Forgot about COD:AW. I had bought that on release, and then traded it in for $44 to get Unity... not sure I made the right choice there. haha

Thought about getting Destiny, or possibly TLoU. I've played and beaten TLoU on Ps3, but it's so good, I might support it further.

Edit: I guess Shadows of Mordor wouldn't be a bad pickup either?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dunno why but Order still looks fairly unimpressive to me. PS however did come out swinging with alot of titles and info. The fact that they snatched up SF5 is kinda lame considering how big the playerbase for that game is, fighting games dont make consoles a must buy like shooters and rpgs.

Uncharted looks like quite the massive undertaking, the game itself looks amazing. Bloodborne having co-op put it on my radar but yet and still nothing looks better than Witcher for the foreseeable future.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah the lack of gameplay on 1886 is worrying. I won't bother with it until I see reviews here.

Uncharted has been solid and they already are showing game play? Take my money.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of you guys using Plex on your PS4 to stream content from your pc? I'm trying to get it set up but having issues. Plex all installed and working on my laptop. When I log into my PS4 and go to the browser and type "http://myipaddress:32400/web" or whatever, my PS4 tells me it can't connect to the server and I get error WV 33899-2. Any idea what I need to do? stinks I can't just put a thumb drive into my PS4 to watch videos like I did in my PS3.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of you guys using Plex on your PS4 to stream content from your pc? I'm trying to get it set up but having issues. Plex all installed and working on my laptop. When I log into my PS4 and go to the browser and type "http://myipaddress:32400/web" or whatever, my PS4 tells me it can't connect to the server and I get error WV 33899-2. Any idea what I need to do? stinks I can't just put a thumb drive into my PS4 to watch videos like I did in my PS3.
Try plex.tv/web

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You need the ip of your plex server. You can find it in the admin section of your router under client table or dhcp table.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
COD:AW isn't too bad SP campaign is fun MP is ehh... COD
if you have kids they may like little big planet 3, its a bit buggy though and it takes a while for the user-created maps to get good

can't think of much beyond gta5, tlou, far cry 4, DA3, and Diablo3 to play on the PS4 right now.

you can also just grab 2 copies of one game and trade in the second copy for $40-44 best buy GC, fund a future purchase

PS4 TLOU digital is $20 and Unity for xbox one is $24 on gamedealdaily
Assassins Creed Unity Full Game Download
Whoa is it always $35 with GCU or just this week? What is normal price and sell back? I meant tk go do this but got caught up doing RL shit and forgot. Thanks spronk you rock.

Oh and the COD single player is a lot of fun totally worth it. I sold my back for $45 at GS.

spronk

FPS noob
Whoa is it always $35 with GCU or just this week? What is normal price and sell back? I meant tk go do this but got caught up doing RL shit and forgot. Thanks spronk you rock.

Oh and the COD single player is a lot of fun totally worth it. I sold my back for $45 at GS.
starting tomorrow for a week best buy is doing b2g1 free on all playstation/xbox games, so a $60 games becomes $40 (without GCU) or $32 (with GCU) as long as you buy 3.

was at the playstation even all day today and saw a lot of pretty awesome games, including a few indie ones that were sandbox elite type of games and some other cool ones. dying light was also pretty good, I expected something like evil within (didnt like) and its more like TLOU + Far Cry, probably not as good a story but the visuals and atmosphere is great.

was pretty awesome getting a selfie with jack bauer and hideo whatshisname (metal gear director)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nice

Ya evil within was one of the worst games I ever played. Pure dog shit.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I've been having some serious thoughts about getting a Vita, bros. Honestly one of the reasons would be to play FF7 on the go (seems boss), and Freedom Wars looks cool. Anyone own one that could have some input?

spronk

FPS noob
not worth it the controls are pretty meh battery life is meh storage cards are expensive as fuck and sony is sorta abandoning it. if money is no object then ya i'd get one cuz why not, but i have a 3ds and vita and pretty much never, ever use my vita - hell i don't even know where the fuck it is right now.

my 3ds is fun though, its good game library is tiny but its pretty much games you don't get anywhere else whereas vita games are more or less nowadays just ports of games that play better on ps3/ps4.

remote play is also one of those things that sounds really cool but in reality too frustrating to really do much with

spronk

FPS noob
by the way ps4 having a 4-games bundle going on $399 at Best Buy with Destiny, NBA 2k15, LBP3, and Far Cry 4 plus charger kit, in addition to their b2g1 free game sale.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-pla...&skuId=1012019

Sony has it for same price, you also get $50 off if you pay with paypal
PS4 500GB HW Bundle - 4 GAMES. PICK 1 PS43000767 Review - Sony US

I think the GTA5 + TLOU bundle is better personally. This has definitely been the better last 30 days to buy next gen, I remember last year before launch we were wondering if its better to buy at launch or wait a bit. Its definitely better to wait. Big games I guess in first half of next year will be BloodBorne, Dying Light, Evolve, and Battlefield Hardline. Not sure on xbox one, mostly the same list minus Bloodborne I guess.

edit: you only get 1 free game (digitally) not all 4 so yeah imo the gta5/tlou bundle is way better

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I have both a Vita and a 3DS and I mean unless you are into niche JRPGs it would be pretty hard to recommend it. I actually get a lot of use out of it but I knew what was coming for it ahead of time. Not sure about the controls being "meh", love having the second analog stick.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Vita seems to have very niche unique games but if you're not into these, it seems pretty shit other than the PS4 streaming thing which might or might not work well depending on a lot of factors apparently. There's a few games that look interesting to me on it but I don't think I'll bother buying one as the games aren't as appealing as the 3DS stuff, which I eventually ended up buying a couple of months ago.