The Book of Boba Fett

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am watching this show, but it feels like a grudge fuck.

I noped out of the writing for Boba Fett when he got slapped into the Sarlacc pit and let out that cheesy Wilhelm scream. It was one of the first genuine WTF moments I had watching a movie.

Looking back I’m pretty sure I was the only kid walking out of Return of the Jedi with a sour puss on my face.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Was coming here to say this should've been episode 2, but spronk beat me to it. They should've done 1.5 hour first episode to get through all the sand people stuff, then picked up here.
Felt like a different show at points. and Fett seemed like more of a ruthless badass like he should've all along. Just casually picking off the bikers from his ship was the kind of thing I want.
There's still a bit of goofy shit and Rodriguez is still a hack, but this was much better than what we've been getting

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Rewatched the ep....its pretty awesome but some dumb stuff like the Slave 1 (Firespray) hovering over the Sarlacc Pit with all its thrusters pointing toward the ground (I am a fanboy not but not that much of one). But we now have 3 episodes with the entire table being set, so basically an entire full length movie ahead. We just had Krrsantan pull an arm off, although Chewie did two at once in Solo. I think this is going to end up ok.

Cybsled

I thought the wookie was security and had caught the aliens cheating. Nope, he was just salty and wanted to kill some folks lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought the wookie was security and had caught the aliens cheating. Nope, he was just salty and wanted to kill some folks lol
i was watching the screen crush video i posted and they mention that he hates those guys because they torture wookies. also their arms do grow back. i dont follow the SW lore so i found that interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
yeah I only know it from watching TCW but Trandoshans like to hunt Wookiees for sport

also this episodes was miles ahead of the other 3

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Rewatched the ep....its pretty awesome but some dumb stuff like the Slave 1 (Firespray) hovering over the Sarlacc Pit with all its thrusters pointing toward the ground (I am a fanboy not but not that much of one). But we now have 3 episodes with the entire table being set, so basically an entire full length movie ahead. We just had Krrsantan pull an arm off, although Chewie did two at once in Solo. I think this is going to end up ok.

i know its dumb but that bugged the hell out of me too, pointing the thrusters TOWARDS the pit and then turning them on to try and get away? You'd just go faster into the pit, Boba!!! c'mon!

i just hand waved it away as star wars has anti-gravity tech (otherwise everyone would float on star destroyers) and the thrusters can also reverse gravity. Star Wars has never really cared about that level of science like The Expanse or Ringworld anyways

Jive Turkey

Karen
i know its dumb but that bugged the hell out of me too, pointing the thrusters TOWARDS the pit and then turning them on to try and get away? You'd just go faster into the pit, Boba!!! c'mon!

i just hand waved it away as star wars has anti-gravity tech (otherwise everyone would float on star destroyers) and the thrusters can also reverse gravity. Star Wars has never really cared about that level of science like The Expanse or Ringworld anyways
But there must be some way for his ship to move backward. Maybe he had the thrusters on reverse or something.

I thought it was dumb that they were just looking for his armor at the rim of a massive pit. Why would it still be sitting near the surface?

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm surprised they put the Sarlacc's beak in there. That was a pretty divisive addition of the special edition. I bet George Lucas did fist pumps for the rest of the episode after that.

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

i was watching the screen crush video i posted and they mention that he hates those guys because they torture wookies. also their arms do grow back. i dont follow the SW lore so i found that interesting.

Yeah, Wookiees as a whole hate Trandoshans, who regularly raid Kashyyyk and enslave them or worse. Remember in one of the early episodes of Book of Boba Fett, one of the tributes offered to Lord Fett is a Wookiee skin, given by a trandoshan vassal.

Funny thing is Boba Fett had wookiee braided scalps hanging from his pauldron in the original trilogy, and we've seen Boba Fett regularly working with trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk (in Clone Wars in current canon), so I guess the black wookiee doesn't really care too much about social justice for wookiees and just wants a good excuse to dismember trandoshans.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, Wookiees as a whole hate Trandoshans, who regularly raid Kashyyyk and enslave them or worse. Remember in one of the early episodes of Book of Boba Fett, one of the tributes offered to Lord Fett is a Wookiee skin, given by a trandoshan vassal.

Funny thing is Boba Fett had wookiee braided scalps hanging from his pauldron in the original trilogy, and we've seen Boba Fett regularly working with trandoshan bounty hunter Bossk (in Clone Wars in current canon), so I guess the black wookiee doesn't really care too much about social justice for wookiees and just wants a good excuse to dismember trandoshans.
this isnt canon Boba, this is beskar armor Disney Boba. all bets are off. lol

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I keep hearing that bit about wookie scalps as the braid on Boba's armor and how it was durasteel and not beskar but where was that from? Was that mentioned in Rebels or Clone Wars or from EU material that got legended?

Fadaar

That guy

honestly senseless violence should be a lot more prevalent in this show due to it being purely underworld scum and villainy but... Disney...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This show is the perfect example of "some things are better off remaining a mystery". The idea of Boba Fett is so much better than the realization/truth through this story.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I keep hearing that bit about wookie scalps as the braid on Boba's armor and how it was durasteel and not beskar but where was that from? Was that mentioned in Rebels or Clone Wars or from EU material that got legended?

Wookieepedia says his armor is made from beskar AND durasteel. The wookiee scalp braids is old information long before Disney, I think it was in the old PC encylopaedia "Star Wars : Behind the Magic" that I first picked that up, and maybe also on the SWCCG cards that contained little factoids about stuff. A quick Google search shows pictures and snapshots from old encyclopaedia books, before the prequels even. In old books, he wasn't even called Boba Fett from birth, wasn't a clone, wasn't the son of a Jango Fett, had a very strong honor code, etc..

I recently read the "Skirata Clan" stories (now legends, non-canon by Disney) of Republic Commando/Imperial Commando and it mentions many times that ALL Mandalorian armors are made from beskar (Clone Wars/Rebels also mentions beskar as the base material, and The Mandalorian show obviously). This is also given as a reason as why the Empire wants to take over Mandalore because the mandalorians are one of the last threats thanks to their warrior prowess and their very resistant armor (and the Empire cannot easily duplicata the blacksmithing process, using beskar without the ancient knowledge bestowed to the smiths makes the armor very brittle).

There's been so many books/comics/video games/other media about Star Wars that it's probably best that they don't pick up every bit of information and try to squeeze it into canon.

Even if beskar is a retcon for Boba's armor (since I don't think beskar was a thing back in the 80's, the books at the time only mentioned durasteel for strong armors), it makes sense and is more coherent with what we've since learned about mandalorian culture from more recent sources (animated shows and Mando).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show is the perfect example of "some things are better off remaining a mystery". The idea of Boba Fett is so much better than the realization/truth through this story.

I think the most heinous example of this was the Solo movie. Rather than Han having a cool life full of adventure we see him as a criminal on Corellia, join the Imperial Navy, desert, meet Chewie, meet Lando, become fast friends with both, win the Falcon, and some other boring shit all in one movie and before he's old enough to shave. The only mystery left was wtf he did with all that spare time until he met Luke and Obi Wan.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wookieepedia says his armor is made from beskar AND durasteel. The wookiee scalp braids is old information long before Disney, I think it was in the old PC encylopaedia "Star Wars : Behind the Magic" that I first picked that up, and maybe also on the SWCCG cards that contained little factoids about stuff. A quick Google search shows pictures and snapshots from old encyclopaedia books, before the prequels even. In old books, he wasn't even called Boba Fett from birth, wasn't a clone, wasn't the son of a Jango Fett, had a very strong honor code, etc..

I recently read the "Skirata Clan" stories (now legends, non-canon by Disney) of Republic Commando/Imperial Commando and it mentions many times that ALL Mandalorian armors are made from beskar (Clone Wars/Rebels also mentions beskar as the base material, and The Mandalorian show obviously). This is also given as a reason as why the Empire wants to take over Mandalore because the mandalorians are one of the last threats thanks to their warrior prowess and their very resistant armor (and the Empire cannot easily duplicata the blacksmithing process, using beskar without the ancient knowledge bestowed to the smiths makes the armor very brittle).

There's been so many books/comics/video games/other media about Star Wars that it's probably best that they don't pick up every bit of information and try to squeeze it into canon.

Even if beskar is a retcon for Boba's armor (since I don't think beskar was a thing back in the 80's, the books at the time only mentioned durasteel for strong armors), it makes sense and is more coherent with what we've since learned about mandalorian culture from more recent sources (animated shows and Mando).

I had the large Boba figure as a kid in the 80s and it had Wookie scalps.

Found this, pretty much the one I had and you can see them.

And, yeah, no one knew shit about Beskar in the 80s, either it was made up in some random novel or Disney invented it for Mando but they're bound to retrospectively tweak him (and crap on our memories) to make him fit the present market. Same way we get emo fucking Rancors.

StarWars12inch%20(2%20of%2022).jpg

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
from what we know about beskar from the canon sources (mando, clone wars) why WOULDN'T his armor be beskar? it seems like such a minor thing to get so upset by.

• 1Like