The Book of Boba Fett

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Star Wars has a million different types of worlds it could be using, but instead we keep getting dragged back to desert planets.

Play some No Man's Sky, get some inspiration, and fuck oofffff.

they're just as terrified as Lucas that they'll botch Coruscant in live action

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Last episode was meh. They went back to being stupid. Boba fatt is a terrible character as far as live action goes. This is not the way.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

He isn’t a bad character, it’s just that you need to let him do things he excels at.

Boba Fett’s midlife crisis adventures just didn’t make for a good story beat as presented

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
They lost me when Boba and Mando flew out of the ruins and were blasting the shit out of the Pykes with just two of them...

...then they landed in the middle of the street with no cover and started to get overwhelmed. They could have killed all of them on their own if they used their jetpacks and stuck to using the rooftops as cover and to flank.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I liked that the Pykes would only match the weaponry of the group they were ambushing. Blasers v blasters, melee vs melee. Very honorable

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
They lost me
Yeah, I think the general idea is this.

I know you have your own individual gripe, but everyone else I believe has their own type of this feeling too.

They lost me at ______________ <----insert thing that was just off about it all.

There's lots of moments that can go in there. The mere fact that it's a grab bag of things that you could plug into that is proof that it was a bad show overall.

But to counter-balance that, it also had some really, really cool moments too which made me smile.

...which is just like... modern day Disney, The Last Jedi, come to think of it. It's their thing.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've only watched ep 5-6 wtf , how bad were the fight scenes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've only watched ep 5-6 wtf , how bad were the fight scenes

625.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Completely agree on meh. I enjoyed it for what it was. I love Boba, I love Tatooine, I love tuskens and I think they did fine.. for the most part. Concept of the mod bikers was cool, thundercat as the doctor is fucking cool as hell.. but man the execution on their cyberpunk aesthetic.. they needed to lean more madmax with nicer parts.. not beach cruisers with suits.. their punk aesthetic was very much anvril lavinge levels of i'm so punk. We needed some Bill Paxton in T2 levels of design/charactistics. And yeah, without a doubt their writing was very much minorateam/repersentation.. but I feel if the art department did a better job at designing them; a lot of it could have been overlooked. It was completely jarring.

I think the only thing that really put me off.. is the end.. Boba goes and basically says he isn't made for daimyo or whatever, and kinda alludes to Vanth taking that mantle.. making the whole series.. kinda pointless? Avengers 2 kinda shit. Truly a Mando .5 filler series. Edit; if that is what actually happens.. I would have rather it been like the book of tattooine; following boba and vanth. Do some sort of good the bad and the ugly trio type situation... sprinkle a little bit of seven in there, and I think it would be a more engaging season of things rather than the disjointedness.

At the end of the day, I think the Boba we get.. isn't the no disintegrations legend, but the flailing through the air into the sarlacc pit. I've always been the Boba fan, and my friends who were either Luke fans or Han fans would rip on me for my character choice purely out of that scene.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Just finished this series.

I thought it was really entertaining, only criticism is of the cyberpunk geeks. Tatooine is a shit hole and they didn't fit in at all.

Also pissed off they killed the Pig Bros. Would definitely blow out Garsa Fwip.

Surprised they had Grogu go back with Mando, not sure where that series is going to lead if they bring it back. Was blown away with how well CGI Luke looked but was still off.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just finished this series.

I thought it was really entertaining, only criticism is of the cyberpunk geeks. Tatooine is a shit hole and they didn't fit in at all.

Also pissed off they killed the Pig Bros. Would definitely blow out Garsa Fwip.

Surprised they had Grogu go back with Mando, not sure where that series is going to lead if they bring it back. Was blown away with how well CGI Luke looked but was still off.

Good point-- they're flossin' big whips and flexin' the latest most expensive tech on Tatooine, of all places. Not realistic to the setting.

They'd get robbed or be the target of aggression until dead no matter where they went. The whole cruising Tatooine care-free in fly rides swagger was lame. Exact opposite of the mentality they would need to live that fabulous faggot kind of lifestyle.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Good point-- they're flossin' big whips and flexin' the latest most expensive tech on Tatooine, of all places. Not realistic to the setting.

They'd get robbed or be the target of aggression until dead no matter where they went. The whole cruising Tatooine care-free in fly rides swagger was lame. Exact opposite of the mentality they would need to live that fabulous faggot kind of lifestyle.
I mean. Low riders and gang banger pimped out ride culture all started out of ghetto crime infested areas. It isn't out of the realm of imagination. It's just not something we came across in the Star Wars universe before. This group felt more like Japanese Ricers mixed with a Cyberpunk aesthetic and just didn't come off well on-screen. I think if they would have gone more swoop gang/motorcycle gang it would have gone better.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
which is why everyone says it would have been perfect for a planet like coruscant. this show is a modern western. imagine the mods showing up in the good, the bad, and the ugly. that's why they feel so egregiously out of place.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
they're just as terrified as Lucas that they'll botch Coruscant in live action
Genuinely curious how Stagecraft's Volume can handle cityscapes like Coruscant. The whole ringworld sequence this season and all the interior scenes in the Bill Burr episode in Mando were shot in the volume. A lot of the Razorcrest's exterior shots were with the Volume too.

• 1WTF