The Book of Boba Fett

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The tired, stiff and unimagined combat scenes were a gigantic letdown. Hopefully shit gets better.

Think back to the Mandalorian and how well done the fights with Esposito were and he is older than Boba actor or the same age.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Esposito is 63, Morrison 61, Ming Na-Wen 58. They're all old as fuck. I'd knock the dust off Ming Na-Wen's buttcheeks though.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought it was a fun bit of world building in a world we know so much about already. From sets to music to even minions, the fan service and callbacks were great but fitting, looking forward to where it goes from here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
What's funny is that they're all using masks for these characters, so half the time its probably not even the real actors for the choreographed fighting, yet its still piss poor.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so, he literally shoots a rocket at a goons back
a0ccc50499d97c34cd3fcac7ccb45e72.jpg

then he tells mingna

"alive"??? (no killing)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Esposito is 63, Morrison 61, Ming Na-Wen 58. They're all old as fuck. I'd knock the dust off Ming Na-Wen's buttcheeks though.
mingna has had the same stunt double since 2013
(i think there was another but this is the main one, like the rock has a main guy too)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was ok, not bad and not great. The sarlacc stuff in the beginning was neat. I've watched enough shows by now to know not to judge any series based on episode 1. I also think people have this glorified image of Boba Fett when it's not reality. Even in ROTJ he goes down pretty fast. I agree that I think the pit messed him up more than you think (he should be dead tbh).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
for those complaining about the pacing... this show is a western. same with mandalorian. while the pacing of the show is a legitimate complaint, it is on purpose.

it's also not really about boba fett, even though that's the name everyone calls him. boba fett is a morale-less badass who has to be told to stop disintegrating his targets. this show is about a guy who is upset because some rando rodian wouldn't let him rescue him.

You guys are doing a terrible job of making me want to watch this. Thank you!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best thing about the first episode was Matt Berry doing the voice for the Palace droid.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
You guys are doing a terrible job of making me want to watch this. Thank you!

yeah at this point this is a show to wait and see until all 9 episodes drop. episode 1 is extremely mediocre.

The teaser at the end of Mandalorian season 2 showed us a 1 minute scene where Boba Fett walks into Jabba's palace and shoots and kills Bib Fortuna without a word. Thats a cold blooded, ruthless motherfucker who knows what he wants and doesn't care about other people.

episode 1 showed us a Boba Fett that doesn't want to torture anyone, goes out of his way not to kill a space dog, basically plays with asshole tusken kids, and seems to have zero tactical or strategic street smarts. The next 8 episodes could show us the "real" Boba Fett be a murderous, violent gangster when pushed to the edge, or show us a goofy ass Disney Princess Boba Fett. Until we see more its hard to say.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah at this point this is a show to wait and see until all 9 episodes drop. episode 1 is extremely mediocre.

The teaser at the end of Mandalorian season 2 showed us a 1 minute scene where Boba Fett walks into Jabba's palace and shoots and kills Bib Fortuna without a word. Thats a cold blooded, ruthless motherfucker who knows what he wants and doesn't care about other people.

episode 1 showed us a Boba Fett that doesn't want to torture anyone, goes out of his way not to kill a space dog, basically plays with asshole tusken kids, and seems to have zero tactical or strategic street smarts. The next 8 episodes could show us the "real" Boba Fett be a murderous, violent gangster when pushed to the edge, or show us a goofy ass Disney Princess Boba Fett. Until we see more its hard to say.
would be hilarious if the show was tinkered with after that preview to be more kid friendly. meanwhile Bobes is ready to cash in his space pension.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Watching Boba Fett get punked by the mayor’s aid and then some mediocre assassins really negates how he came back as the ultimate badass in the Mandalorian.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Sand monster was neat, when it first came up I thought it mighta been a Krayt Dragon but way too small. Apparently its called a Goro Gorno, kinda looks like MK Goro!
Not sure how many people caught it, but that creature was a total Harryhausen homage

81IDTMC0agS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As I don't want to taint the Mandalorian momentum, I'll be sitting this one out unless there is some positive word of mouth. There just really isn't anything good about this series being said. It's arguably damaging to the Boba Fett character in a Picard-like deconstruction and subversion of expectation for this series.

Regarding sitting this show out, I expect to do the same with the upcoming Zzzandor series. I'm all over Obi-wan on day 1 however.

• 1Edgelord

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

episode 1 showed us a Boba Fett that doesn't want to torture anyone, goes out of his way not to kill a space dog, basically plays with asshole tusken kids, and seems to have zero tactical or strategic street smarts.

subverted

• 1Worf