The Boys

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 3 was pretty great, just couldn't stick the landing.
They were trying to pull shit in for the next season. I just remember laughing my ass off when starlight was amping up to go super saiyan and then hit like a wet noodle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They were trying to pull shit in for the next season. I just remember laughing my ass off when starlight was amping up to go super saiyan and then hit like a wet noodle.

Really proved her power was as useless as everyone expected. They always teased that it might be really cool and that scene was the moment to prove it out and it was a fucking joke. Best she can do is a bully shove.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, season 3 was one of those examples where the last bite ruins the entire meal. i mean, it wasn't COMPLETELY ruined, and that seems to be a constant threat with the boys, but the last episode was not great in every category. kinda makes you wonder why you got so invested in the show... but then you remember how awesome soldier boy is in every scene and you're like, eh, wasn't all bad i guess.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah, season 3 was one of those examples where the last bite ruins the entire meal. i mean, it wasn't COMPLETELY ruined, and that seems to be a constant threat with the boys, but the last episode was not great in every category. kinda makes you wonder why you got so invested in the show... but then you remember how awesome soldier boy is in every scene and you're like, eh, wasn't all bad i guess.
I loved season three and it has so many memorable moments but the last episode was such a let down and my biggest complaint was the handling of Noir is my biggest. Then again they turned Noir into complete garbage in season two with an allergy

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Soldier Boy was great. Starlight guilt tripping Huey because he was trying to save her life which the show somehow made into a negative and blamed on toxic masculinity and Homelander not being all that much of a threat after all was also pretty shitty

Last edited:
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And honestly I love how soldier boy was supposed to be this awful person but outside of some weird kinks he'd be the perfect drinking buddy

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
And honestly I love how soldier boy was supposed to be this awful person but outside of some weird kinks he'd be the perfect drinking buddy

It's because Hollywood jew fags think being a freedom loving white American patriot is the worst thing someone can be. Meanwhile everyone else just sees Soldier Boy as the only person with a righteous goal setting out to correct wrongs and do the right thing.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Soldier Boy would have been the protagonist if this was an 80s action film.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, Soldier Boy did kill MM's grandpa and covered up the real story. The show also very casually threw out something about beating civil rights protestors and killing Kent State protestors and maybe even killing JFK, although I'm guessing those are not a negative for most here.

But yeah, if the show really wanted him to be more of a villain, they really should have tried harder, especially when he was being portrayed with such charisma. The fact he stuck to the agreement with Butcher only served to make him more admirable. Plus, it's not like SB tried to kill Ryan when he interrupted, he just knocked him aside to continue after Homelander. Butcher really bitched out; he could have just taken Ryan away instead of actively fighting SB. Now Ryan's going to be a Homelander clone which Becca most assuredly did not want.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, Soldier Boy did kill MM's grandpa and covered up the real story. The show also very casually threw out something about beating civil rights protestors and killing Kent State protestors and maybe even killing JFK, although I'm guessing those are not a negative for most here.

But yeah, if the show really wanted him to be more of a villain, they really should have tried harder, especially when he was being portrayed with such charisma. The fact he stuck to the agreement with Butcher only served to make him more admirable. Plus, it's not like SB tried to kill Ryan when he interrupted, he just knocked him aside to continue after Homelander. Butcher really bitched out; he could have just taken Ryan away instead of actively fighting SB. Now Ryan's going to be a Homelander clone which Becca most assuredly did not want.
They should have used an entirely different actor if they really wanted soldier boy to be hated. Who the hell is going to hate Dean? He’s nerd lore.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Soldier Boy would have been the protagonist if this was an 80s action film.

Would have been? He was the protagonist in the version I watched.

He killed everyone who wrong him. Kind of reminded me of Commando.

p8739_p_v8_ak.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Anytime I see this thread and soldier boy posts I need to watch the clips or mashups

Homsar

Isn't herogasm episode 6? That's one of the best episodes of the series and there is 8 episodes in the season

Homsar

Anthony Star and Ackles just fucking kill their roles. If only there wasn't trash writing on other characters

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

Yeah like, what the fuck, they turned butcher into a bitch at the very end and make Soldier Boy to be the enemy "Racist"?

greatness-this-close.gif

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The third season started out strong, was building up momentum with a few minor speed bumps, eventually started veering onto the grass, and then spun out in the end off a cliff so Lakitu plopped it back on the starting line.

The major highlight is that they put Soldier Boy on ice seeing as how he still wound up looking like the best character of the lot despite their desperate attempts at making him out to be worse than Evil Superman on the verge of a psychotic break. I found myself looking at the other characters I used to like as being at best slightly insufferable by the final stroke, and at worst totally regressed and unrecognizable.

Soldier Boy was great. Starlight guilt tripping Huey because he was trying to save her life which the show somehow made into a negative and blamed on toxic masculinity and Homelander not being all that much of a threat after all was also pretty shitty

Hughie was a character who I couldn't really stand in the first season, but he finally seemed to learn how not to be such a fucking doormat in the last season, only for the writers to re-emasculate him and turn him back into that hollowed out "yes, dear" meme.

I'm still waiting for one of these pussies to outline what in the nebulous hell "toxic masculinity" even is, because the real problem is clearly some people these days being spineless and terminally estrogenic.

Yeah like, what the fuck, they turned butcher into a bitch at the very end and make Soldier Boy to be the enemy "Racist"?

greatness-this-close.gif

Butcher for 23 episodes:
"I'm going to kill Homelander and eradicate the supes once and for all. Also, my kid's a twat who I kind of hate because he's the supe spawn constant reminder of the cunt who raped my wife."

Butcher on the season finale:
"Actually, I don't care about killing Homelander because the only person who could possibly stop him gave my prick kid a slap. Oi, goodbye Homelander! Tell Ryan to eat his veggies and support his lego videos for me!"

As for Soldier Boy, apparently the writers sorta forgot they had him literally describe Bill Cosby as "America's dad," but because victims related to one of the main characters were collateral damage and happened to be black, he's racist. Never mind that "racist" basically implies the exact opposite of collateral damage; it would be one thing for MM to call out Soldier Boy for being negligent, but the show turned a mysterious backstory to his vendetta that could have gone somewhere into him drawing the race card.

It's details like that where I struggle to have confidence in showrunners and writers who rely so heavily on not merely telling over showing the audience, but poorly trying to gaslight them into believing their wildly incoherent narrative shifts. E.g. how that "racist" man who wants to drink, smoke, and bang old women is somehow worse than the guy capable of committing genocide on a fly-by because someone pissed him off enough on the wrong day.

Technically the plot moved, but it's still effectively a soft restart (kind of like every season of Supernatural after a certain point), and it comes off as though they're hoping to just trick enough of the audience into thinking that everything still tracks in next season and the characters aren't all slightly schizophrenic since they're all back to where they started last season. That might be harsh, but I could see Amazon rethinking their plans after Rangz was received like a wet fart and relying even more heavily on The Boys being around for a while until they can come up with something else.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users