The Boys

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think part of the issue is S2 has a lot more tangents running than S1. In S1 the Butcher team was getting built and then there was the 7. S2 has peeps splitting up and going off on their own in every direction like a shitty D&D party. I may be in the minority here but I am bored shitless with the Deep subplot.

Starlight looks like she gained a few pounds in the ass in real life and I like that they acknowledge it in the show because she is stress eating junk food.

I like Stormfront. I think they are rushing just how insane Homelander is. It played better when you were trying to guess his insanity level and wondered if he would do something. After the shit with the chameleon there are no questions.

spronk

FPS noob
they also skipped over the Translucent having a kid, like wouldn't he also start exhibiting powers? I don't think we've heard mention of a super woman having a baby either. Starlight DID throw up this episode or last, thats usually a 100% sign that someone is preggo.

I also wish they had left things a bit more vague between Becca (Butchers wife) and Homelander. She straight up tells Butcher that Homelander raped her, which could be a lie, but if she really wants Butcher to go away and leave her and her son alone and not suicide against Homelander it would make more sense for her to say that Homelander was hot and she seduced him, and she doesn't love Butcher anymore. Half lie etc to do the "noble thing", I guess that is the TV show tropey thing to do though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'll bet'cha how Stormfront got her powers is by taking compound V (after the initial dosing) and that gave her additional powers. That could also be how she is Liberty Belle, and still looking as good as she does.

It's either that or she's Liberty Belle's daughter, and she's been taking compound V all along. She knows what being a second rate hero is like from her mom, and she doesn't want to go through that.

Meh, my 2 cents.

And it is kind'a interesting to see two sociopathic powers (Homelander and Stormfront) fight. It kind'a feels like Dexter when he was going up against the Ice Cream Truck Killer. I think?

EDIT : And of course, I haven't read the comics, so I could be talking completely outta my ass.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LMAO when Homelander responding to collateral damage against the dindu kid, "they are all supposed to be starving but one has a cellphone, pshhh" hahahaha

• 1Worf

Jozu

Episode was kind of terrible. Superhero sex was also awkward as fuck.

Also,

What is up with the supes taking compound v? Are they still using it even after the secret got out? Do they NEED to use it? Reason why I ask is A Train. It seems he is the only one whos powers have suffered due to him apparently stopping use. Maybe he was abusing it which is likely given his heart attack etc, but why is he the only one affected by NOT taking it?

Last edited:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Episode was kind of terrible. Superhero sex was also awkward as fuck.

Also,

What is up with the supes taking compound v? Are they still using it even after the secret got out? Do they NEED to use it? Reason why I ask is A Train. It seems he is the only one whos powers have suffered due to him apparently stopping use. Maybe he was abusing it which is likely given his heart attack etc, but why is he the only one affected by NOT taking it?

My understanding is he was taking it to amp up his power, like taking steroids to quickly build muscle mass. It works, but not only is it unstable, it undermines the "foundation" so that when you stop taking you regress to less than you were before you took them.

Jozu

it would seem most of the super DONT take v now as most were surprised to find out they were given it as babies. So perhaps they give it for a period of time and it develops the powers then that is enough. A train was just abusing im guessing. Hopefully things will clear up in future episodes considering it looks like the boys take it to develop powers of their own from what I saw in the trailers.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
C'mon I can't be the only one who went HOLY SHIT during the scene where Homelander confronted the protesters....that shit was fucking LIT.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This season is weaker than last, but part of that is the weekly delivery combined with the 'break everyone up into their own storylines' approach. It is possible eveything will tie up nicely, but at this point it's like complaining two thirds into Infinty War about 'This Thor weapon plotline is going nowhere!'

That said, I dont see how all these threads can be tied off this season. There's only three episodes left and we haven't even seen Telekinetic Xirl from the trailers. I'm also wondering what the season ender twist is - the Church has Compound V and is making heroes?

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Also, I couldn't tell if the AOC rant about Homelander's war crimes was them mocking the left or being so stupid they repeated the same mistakes - the Geneva conventions (that would decide what a war crime is) only apply to uniformed members of national armies, questionable Bush 2 detention Supreme Court rulings aside.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Stormfront is the hero this season, right?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
The show must be triggering the fuck out of the left. Ratings went from like 4.5 down to the 2 star range on the show ratings when you click the series. Personally I find myself searching google for this compound V. It seems like a good time.

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the 1 star ratings are from butthurt people complaining that it is weekly.

• 3Like

Jozu

Ive always wondered about Homelanders laser eyes and how they work concerning intensity levels etc. In season 1 ep 1 he lasered a gun out of a dudes hands. We then go on to see him laser a jet in half with such ease it was disturbing. Naturally one would wonder how he was able to use such precision in that first episode? Well after he used his eyes to warm up a plastic bottle of milk, and now lazering tits, we got our answer. He can fluctuate the intensity of the blasts quite a bit.

Also, the scene where he imagined destroying the crowd of people. Look at the intensity and aoe damage during that scene, it was diabolical indeed.

The writing has definitely suffered this season. It truly does feel like GOT all over again. Seems like writers shit their pants outside of source material. At least they are mocking the fucking shit out of the left, that has been great, have to give them credit for that.

Caliane

Ive always wondered about Homelanders laser eyes and how they work concerning intensity levels etc. In season 1 ep 1 he lasered a gun out of a dudes hands. We then go on to see him laser a jet in half with such ease it was disturbing. Naturally one would wonder how he was able to use such precision in that first episode? Well after he used his eyes to warm up a plastic bottle of milk, and now lazering tits, we got our answer. He can fluctuate the intensity of the blasts quite a bit.

Also, the scene where he imagined destroying the crowd of people. Look at the intensity and aoe damage during that scene, it was diabolical indeed.

The writing has definitely suffered this season. It truly does feel like GOT all over again. Seems like writers shit their pants outside of source material. At least they are mocking the fucking shit out of the left, that has been great, have to give them credit for that.
they were pretty far from the comic right from the getgo. I would not put any issue on that.

• 1Like