The Boys

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know everyone hates the Deep but A-train sucks even more. Homelander making the other sups shit their pants with fear is great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think the worst actors on the show is Heuy and Supersonic, can't wait for him to get obliterated. Kinda of missing Maeve, I know the Deep is a piece of shit but dealing with Homelander is suicide to them. I would say deep isn't a horrible person anymore but the aren't trying to get back in for the right reasons?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

that's sort of the thing, though. "horrible" is a relative term... sure, a-train isn't dealing drugs and deep isn't mouth raping girls, but they are still absolutely vapid, awful people. but they are the way they are because of vought, so you can't even REALLY blame them for it. but that's the same situation with homelander. we can blame the individuals for being terrible people, but vought shaped them into who they are. but in reality, the only reason vought was able to do that is because of human nature's celebrity hero worship. so really it's everyone's fault.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good start so far. That little speech Homelander gives Starlight towards the end of E3 on how he could literally destroy the world just illustrates why almost everyone (even supers) walk around in fear of him, he's a whisper away from going batshit insane.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Homelander is really over estimating his powers like everyone else I think. I mean why can't the telepathic head exploder take him out ? Obviously the head of Vought don't fear him at all

Brad2770

Homelander is really over estimating his powers like everyone else I think. I mean why can't the telepathic head exploder take him out ? Obviously the head of Vought don't fear him at all

Probably because of Nadia

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Love how they poke fun at both left/right in the show. Hope they make A-Train trans and hes rebrand as Trans ma"Am with a black/gold outfit.
I would agree they are pretty fair with dishing out the laughs on both sides. Vought Land was pretty good with the corporate wokeness and pandering. “BLM BLT” and “Woke Wok” were truly bold and courageous moves. 🤣

I almost noped out on this within the first 12 minutes of episode 1 but after episode 3 I think I’ll stick around. I’m pretty sure it won’t end the way I want it to but it looks like it will be a fun ride.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The show has pretty clearly established that supres are easier to kill than they think.

Based on what the show has established so far, we have every reason to believe you could simply stick a bomb up his ass, or a tiny person with shrink/grow powers, and it would be enough to kill him. Its kinda dumb honestly, but its what they've showed us. The exploding head chick could take him out in a heartbeat, but so would a grenade up the ass.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I would agree they are pretty fair with dishing out the laughs on both sides. Vought Land was pretty good with the corporate wokeness and pandering. “BLM BLT” and “Woke Wok” were truly bold and courageous moves. 🤣

I almost noped out on this within the first 12 minutes of episode 1 but after episode 3 I think I’ll stick around. I’m pretty sure it won’t end the way I want it to but it looks like it will be a fun ride.
Vought Land hand me laughing it was so in your face poking fun at corporate pandering.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The show has pretty clearly established that supres are easier to kill than they think.

Based on what the show has established so far, we have every reason to believe you could simply stick a bomb up his ass, or a tiny person with shrink/grow powers, and it would be enough to kill him. Its kinda dumb honestly, but its what they've showed us. The exploding head chick could take him out in a heartbeat, but so would a grenade up the ass.
And this is what I was referring to as the shit ending I don’t want to see.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What was the deal with Nadia fighting the guy who knew her in the alley? His nose started to bleed, so at first I thought she was trying to do a tiny explosion--like a stroke--to kill him quietly and peacefully since they were old friends. However, when they started scrapping she still didn't explode his head outright and instead started exploding bits and pieces. So then I thought maybe she tried to explode his head but for whatever reason it didn't work and just made his nose bleed. I don't know if it was meant to imply her head exploding has limitations, or just bad writing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think her power revolves around what she actually can see. If you covered her eyes, she becomes useless. Her vision was distorted during the fight and so only pieces exploded. That is a theory and it could be she just wanted him to suffer more. ../shrug.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

I don't know about that, the bomb up his ass guy had some kind of tough skin, but the thought was that he wasn't tough underneath. Homelander appears to just be invincible in general, not limited to skin. There really hasn't been much "testing" of his durability in the show that I've seen, but the fact that his weak ass kid could fry the shit out of Stormfront means his offensive powers are probably uncharted and impossible to stop. He can also move at nearly any speed, so catching him off guard is tough.

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
What was the deal with Nadia fighting the guy who knew her in the alley? His nose started to bleed, so at first I thought she was trying to do a tiny explosion--like a stroke--to kill him quietly and peacefully since they were old friends. However, when they started scrapping she still didn't explode his head outright and instead started exploding bits and pieces. So then I thought maybe she tried to explode his head but for whatever reason it didn't work and just made his nose bleed. I don't know if it was meant to imply her head exploding has limitations, or just bad writing.
I think she just couldn't aim her power properly since she was in the middle of fighting. It appears to take some concentration. If she's left alone she can target it but while distracted she can't.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Nadia needs to see her target. He buddy made sure to grab her eyes and keep her head turned. That is why she blasted his hand first. she could see it. We had thought she was blowing up heads. Reality is she can apparently blow up any part of the body she can see. The head just seems to be the most advantageous target most often.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah at this point I have to imagine Nadia is Stan's ace in the hole. Or at least he thinks it is. Have a sneaking suspicion it either won't work on Homelander or she joins him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a difference between being tough and surviving attacks that ordinary humans would die from and actually healing/regenerating from it. They emphasized that point strongly with the show version of Black Noir (edit: Stormfront as well). Could you find a way to cut off Homelanders hand and would it just grow back Wolverine style is the question.

Head popping gets around the healing debate entirely and makes it a binary will it work or not work.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
There's a difference between being tough and surviving attacks that ordinary humans would die from and actually healing/regenerating from it. They emphasized that point strongly with the show version of Black Noir (edit: Stormfront as well). Could you find a way to cut off Homelanders hand and would it just grow back Wolverine style is the question.

Head popping gets around the healing debate entirely and makes it a binary will it work or not work.
I don't know why a bomb that goes off inside his body would be any different than a bomb going off outside it unless his skin or some barrier on the outside is the source of his durability. Since they already played the bomb up the ass trick once, I doubt it's just going to be internal bombs from here on out.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You know what they say, blow my ass out once, shame on you...can't get ass blown again.

• 1Worf