The Boys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
OK. Watched 1st three episodes...They missed a couple big opportunities for badass moments. Homelander in Edgar's office could have been a holy shit moment where Edgar just owned him somehow. With either some "we have a way to make you normal" type shit, or even Edgar being a subject that's stronger than Homelander or some shit. Just seemed wasted.

I can't be the only one sick of Campbell.

I HATED the way they outed that Homelander had a son to the rest of The Boys.

So far it's a slow burn I guess, and buildup for more episodes, so I am just soaking it all in.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Between the backlog of video games and TV shows I have, I don't understand how the fuck people even have the free-time to binge shit like this.

There's actually been a severe drought of movies/TV to watch/download/stream. Like before The Boys/Raised by Wolves there was literally nothing to watch

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I figured the weekly releases was covid related and they did it so they could release early episodes while still working on later ones

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
These first 3 episodes were mostly boring, but its all setup for the rest of the season so understandable. A question for those who've read the comic, how are the powers in the show being shown vs. how they are in the comics? The telekinetic brother seemed abnormally limited in the use of his power, and also rather bad at using it. He can lift a 20 ton ship (?) and toss it... but why? Just rip people apart and slap them with their limbs... no need to use buildings / rocks or push people away, fucking explode them.

What exactly is Starlights power? She has shown to stronger than normal humans, extremely tough bodied, able to use some type of telekinesis to throw people, and can do something with either light or electricity. If she can manipulate Light, when is she going wtfpwn Homelander? Anyway, seeing Stormfront give no fucks about those around her was great. Hopefully we get to see more of these supes do shit that is as devastating as they can be.
starlight is strong. but not that strong.

one thing you need to remember is this is corporate supes, and Ennis. Super heroes are products they are selling to the public and military. A product with shit Quality assurance.
Image is more important then skill. They have powers, but are not trained well. to put it in a gamers perspective.. bullshots, marketing, etc are all more important then actually fixing bugs, and making a solid product.
They may have the powers, but have no idea how to use them intelligently, safely, etc.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
starlight is strong. but not that strong.

one thing you need to remember is this is corporate supes, and Ennis. Super heroes are products they are selling to the public and military. A product with shit Quality assurance.
Image is more important then skill. They have powers, but are not trained well. like to any gamer.. bullshots, marketing, etc are all more important then actually fixing bugs, and making a solid product.
Reading too deeply into power levels in a show like this is probably a mistake. The characters will be as powerful as whatever best fits the plot the writers are trying to write at the moment. Think less like Dragon Ball Z and more like Smallville.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
This is who popped Susan.

a-new-supe-with-a-devastating-power-1599252869.jpg

Is Black Noir a clone of Homesauce? Same body dimensions.

54.jpg

• 1Garbage

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Looks like they're using Stormfront to make a statement about the Trump electorate. Pathetic.

• 1Salty

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
That was a weirdly premise changing episode for episode four into a season.

Frankly, Homelander not browsing through Pepe memes is subtlety for current Hollywood, though the complete lack of consensus on riots vs protests shows both sides had their Meme Hall Putschs long ago.

... though ATrain staying in the Seven even though he's not deserving just because of his skin tone is the succinct argument against Affirmative Action....

Edit: in no universe would Homelander ever see himself in someone as flawed as Travis Bickle.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't particularly understand why Butcher has the long apologizing diatribe to his wife about not abandoning her. When she got drunk, fucked Homelander, and abandoned Butcher 8 years prior... but it wasn't her fault?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users