The Boys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A Train was an awful person in s1, but was surprisingly likeable in s2. He was one of the only characters that was believable in his ambitions and called out bullshit whenever he saw it. Im glad he is back in.

Maeve is also turning out to be a great character IMO. She is acting the way me, and many other people do when they face turmoil in their life. With reckless abandon, but yet when they have that other person they covet in their life, they rise to the occasion and become the best version of their self. Outside of that, and Homelander who continues to carry the show, there was just a lot to be desired. The Boys turned into The Girls basically. next season they will learn from their mistakes I hope.

Jozu

Season 1 was quality. They still can draw on the comics to guide them. All they need to do is nix the SJW shit, get back to basics, and make the supe powers believable and consequences of their use more impactful to the world and characters in it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Season 1 was quality. They still can draw on the comics to guide them. All they need to do is nix the SJW shit, get back to basics, and make the supe powers believable and consequences of their use more impactful to the world and characters in it.
What in the world makes you think they will SJW less and not more?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

I dont know. Maybe money? Viewership? Feedback?

If they do crank up SJW shit, then I hope there isnt a s4.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Completely didn’t notice that AOC was “Victoria Newman”, so she’s a gender and party swapped Vic the veep

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I don't remember if the comics ever really addressed the stupidity of having those powers, and then using them to "fight crime" or even joining the military. The major plot point was military spending, and yes Voight trying to get juicy government contracts. That was their justification. But, voight did cut a shit ton of people loose, and have B, C and D super hero teams..
not many comics about getting super powers and using them in a Capitalist function.

Like yeah, Logically, the Deep would be a rich mother fucker from Deep sea oil drilling, or as a crab fisherman magnet. Collecting lost pirate treasure.. grants from government to matchmake endangered marine life, etc, etc. theres a fortune to be made in the sea we can't do as humans.
lulz its absurd that the only time you see the deep use any superpowers is to carry someone cuz hes one of the few that can fly.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
so I guess people thought Stormfront was dead? I mean I guess can see it if people wanted to believe Vought (via Homelander) was lying about her being in the hospital but it seemed kinda obvious she lived just got Skywalker'd

yea especially with starlight and a train back in the 7, they'll make the discovery

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I never thought she was dead, I figured she was comic lamplighter'ed after we talked about it a few pages back.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Definitely not excited about the next season.

Season 1 was a fresh take on superheroes, season 2 was a hot mess.

The sjw stuff was laughably bad and a lot of character reactions felt incredibly forced whenever any of that stuff came up.

In the last episode when they showed the little animation of stormfront marching down the street and then getting hit by a car, hughie says "that's catchy" while I am thinking, even in an alternate reality the left can't meme.

It will take some next level shenanigans and solid plot hooks to make me consider watching season 3.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno, I guess for me if the SJW stuff was so out of control they’d continue to beat on The Deep in the press and publicly shame him and would make his story suck and he’s been downright funny and entertaining.

Does it exists? for sure but for me it’s not in levels that are so insane that they bother me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is just the old farts seeing current politics in media, taking snowflakey offensive, and misusing the term SJW. Just classic FOH Boomer shit.

Remember when the crowd-loved, leftist minority WOMAN Senator was an inside shill for the giant evil corporation? SOOO SJW DUDE!

• 4Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I dunno, I guess for me if the SJW stuff was so out of control they’d continue to beat on The Deep in the press and publicly shame him and would make his story suck and he’s been downright funny and entertaining.

Does it exists? for sure but for me it’s not in levels that are so insane that they bother me.
They humiliate him at every turn. No idea what the fuck you're watching.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They humiliate him at every turn. No idea what the fuck you're watching.

I said nothing of what role he fills in the show, I said that the media in the show would still attack him and he would still be disgraced. They would be pounding home to you, the viewer, he was a sexual assumed non stop.

he’s hasn’t been those things for awhile and he’s been funny and entertaining while doing it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I said nothing of what role he fills in the show, I said that the media in the show would still attack him and he would still be disgraced. They would be pounding home to you, the viewer, he was a sexual assumed non stop.

he’s hasn’t been those things for awhile and he’s been funny and entertaining while doing it.
Well you're a fucking retard if that's your expectation.