The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's like when my friend leaves his apartment and we take naked photos of our friends posed all over his room using all his signed sports memorabilia.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Look at this SJW shit. Michael Sam hasn't even played one snap of football in a real game.

With the drafting of Shane Ray, NFL confirms Michael Sam is target of homophobia - Outsports

Outsports? Never knew that was a thing.
This is interesting, but having watched every game that both payers ever played in college, Ray and Sam are pretty different players. Sam was a hybrid DE/DT in college depending on the down and personnel package. He was too quick when lined up as a DT for interior lineman to handle and too strong when on the end for long-armed OTs to hold off. That being said, in the NFL he was way to small too be a NT and not fast enough to be a dedicated edge rusher/OLB. The stereotypical "tweener" that doesn't really have a spot he can make his own on an nfl roster but causes matchup nightmares in college against inferior talent.

Ray is a prototypical edge rusher with long arms and insanely fast first step that can give him the edge around the corner against anyone (like Aldon Smith). I don't think he's as gifted as Aldon, but a LOT closer than Sam is/was

I have no doubt Sam coming out hurt his stock with some teams though. He had the talent to hang around in the nfl for a few years at least. He would have been a hell of a special teams/effort type guy.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's like when my friend leaves his apartment and we take naked photos of our friends posed all over his room using all his signed sports memorabilia.
XJZPhfV.gif

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The report is shit anyways. 1) No pre-game PSI measurements, just an assumption they were reg 2) Within the SAME report, they acknowledge a Jets game where the balls were allegedly checked and Tom Brady bitched that someone had ultra inflated them for use during the game

Honestly the bigger scandal is the fact some equipment dude got his milestone 50k yard ball and the one in Foxboro is apparently a fake ;p

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Apparently all the books in Vegas agreed to pull the Steelers/Pats game off the board until this is settled. Seems awfully cautious.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I didn't read the report but the text messages that have been shown don't even seem that damning. They joke (sorta?) about overinflating the balls to get back at Tom about something and complain about overinflated balls that the refs OK'd. I thought the 11 or 11 and a half comment was about shoe size? Are there more damning texts in the report? Just seems like a lot of gaps to bridge from the texts I read.

Edit: After reading some of the report, there are definitely more damning texts. Terrible reporting from ESPN on choosing the ones I had previously quoted. Wtf.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Brady handles the balls every time and knows what an inflated ball feels like. Let's not get too retarded in his defense. The most damning evidence isn't about Brady himself but the lack of TOs on the Pats team after the ruling that teams could provide their own balls. What wins football games? TOs. What is easier to handle? An undeflated ball. Blount had zero fumbles this year. Coincidence....yeah....

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just another team looking to get a small advantage. They just got busted again. Dumb because they didn't need to do that to beat the colts. I doubt Tom gets a suspension. Nfl not going to open the season with their golden boy out of the lineup.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should get Gisele on TV to apologize, I hear that's a good plan sometimes.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Oh my god, both Tarrant and Column doing their thing at the same time. I think it may be time to abandon this thread for a couple months.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brady refusal to release the texts to the NFL is pretty much admitting guilt
Cmon, Why the fuck would you give up your phone and risk your privacy to some investigator guy without a subpoena? I am sure any Lawyer/counsel would tell anyone the same thing too.

Not even sure why the equipment guys gave up their phone contents. I think this may be the most stupid scandal in sports scandal history. Stupid Colts for even bringing this to the officials attention in the first place. Makes sports talk and football forums unbearable.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Cmon, Why the fuck would you give up your phone and risk your privacy to some investigator guy without a subpoena? I am sure any Lawyer/counsel would tell anyone the same thing too.
Because you're innocent?

You do realize this isn't the legal system doing the investigation, right? There's no Miranda Rights and what you don't say can be used against you. They can use common sense and realize that someone refusing to show what a few texts between Brady and the equipment guy around the time the shady shit happened might be a red flag

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Serious question, but if that's the case why not make them take a lie detector test? Shit would be over in a day and it would probably be cheaper.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Serious question, but if that's the case why not make them take a lie detector test? Shit would be over in a day and it would probably be cheaper.
Because lie detector tests are bullshit? Please do not perpetuate the myth that those work. Its a stressor for an interrogation.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They can no more force them to take a lie detector then hand over their phones. Plus a lie detector is far from 100% accurate. If you read some of the report, eventually the Patriots stopped allowing the investigators to talk to the two main figures, so not even the NFL was willing to put consequences on the line to make them talk. My guess is the organization really didn't think there was an issue at first and then after a while they thought there might be so they pulled access. But that just goes to show the limited power/authority the investigators had.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Not even sure why the equipment guys gave up their phone contents. I think this may be the most stupid scandal in sports scandal history. Stupid Colts for even bringing this to the officials attention in the first place. Makes sports talk and football forums unbearable.
It's pretty simple. NFL says "Patriots, you do bad?" Patriots say no, we will fully cooperate. NFL asks Patriots to do stuff. Patriots, thinking they did nothing wrong, do said stuff. Patriots ask the two jokers for their phones because the NFL wants them, then stop short of forcing Brady to turn his over once they realize he was in on it. So now the Pats have said they're going to cooperate fully, but once they realize the reality of the situation they can't or it will become abundantly clear Brady and these two jokers are behind it, so they stop cooperating while still pretending from a PR perspective that they are. That's why Kraft is acting like they did everything right and they allowed the NFL to speak to these guys 4 times, but in reality Ted Wells group only had one meeting with "the Deflator" before the pats put a stop to that shit(first three were just with NFL security before they got this evidence) and Brady immediately stopped cooperating after one initial meeting once it became clear he was going to be implicated. Basically the Pats know what happened now and they only forced their employees to cooperate up until the moment they realized there was actually foul play.

If the Pats were really as butthurt about this as Kraft is pretending to be they would force Brady to turn his shit over as his employer, show he had no illicit communications regarding doctoring the football, and tell the league to go to hell. But they can't do that, because he did know, and as soon as that became clear they immediately shut down contact with the guilty parties through the NFL.