The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Da Bears will signing the cheapest possible GM/Coach combo and nothing will change again Cutler or no Cutler...

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Every Giants fan is getting all antsy and screaming for a new DC. Coughlin is probably going to keep his bros since he's loyal to a fault. That dude never fires anyone even if they suck.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope the 49ers don't hire Shanahan for their new head coach. I know he has had success in the past, but I don't think he is the answer. Maybe it is time they take a chance on a new up and coming coach. Or hell, put Fangio or Tomsula in at HC and leave the other one at DC, then look to a new OC. At least we all know that Greg Roman won't be back!

They have several free agent decisions to make. I hope they can find a way to bring back Gore, but I am not sure it will be possible. Crabtree is gone I am sure, but I don't think that is a huge loss. Hanging on to Iupati would be great as well but he could end up demanding way too much money, and they are already going to be close to the cap I think.

Should be an interesting offseason!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really hope the 49ers don't hire Shanahan for their new head coach. I know he has had success in the past, but I don't think he is the answer. Maybe it is time they take a chance on a new up and coming coach. Or hell, put Fangio or Tomsula in at HC and leave the other one at DC, then look to a new OC. At least we all know that Greg Roman won't be back!

They have several free agent decisions to make. I hope they can find a way to bring back Gore, but I am not sure it will be possible. Crabtree is gone I am sure, but I don't think that is a huge loss. Hanging on to Iupati would be great as well but he could end up demanding way too much money, and they are already going to be close to the cap I think.

Should be an interesting offseason!
I agree. I think Shanahan, Holmgren, etc. are all horrible hires. I'm sick of all the "past their prime" coaching candidates that get flung around every season. Fortunately, the 49ers have already said that they aren't interested in Holmgren, so that's at least one off of the list.

My "ideal" scenario is Fangio at HC (apparently he had the first interview for the job and it lasted over 6 hours), Rex Ryan at defensive coordinator, and Gus Malzahn or Scott Frost at OC. There are a couple of current OCs that I'd prefer over Malzahn/Frost, but I doubt any of them would make a lateral move. However, in my ideal scenario, I worry that we're going to struggle on offense again with a "defensive minded" coach. We've been down that road before with Nolan/Singletary and despite having a much worse supporting cast around those coaches than we do now, it wasn't very pretty. So, we may be better served by Fangio staying put (if he will. I think he wants a HC opportunity) and trying to bring in a new, offense oriented coach.

I think Crabtree is gone, which I could really give two shits about, since he has completely disappeared ever since Boldin arrived and became Kaep's security blanket. Stevie Johnson is practically the same exact receiver as Crabtree anyhow. Both have average speed (I think Johnson is slightly faster) with really good hands. They are both possession receivers and we don't have the roster/cap room for two of them. I think Stevie has a much better attitude, so he's the obvious choice.

At the beginning of the season I would've said to get rid of Iupati because he can't stay healthy, but after seeing what the line went through from an injury standpoint, how he played, and the fact that he was healthy the whole season? Yeah, we really need to find a way to resign him. It may be tough with Staley's deal and Boone's new deal, but I think it'll get done.

Gore. The feels. As much as I'd love to see Gore back (easily my favorite 49er since Young), I think the 49ers are going to be another 1-2 years away from a legitimate run again. Some pieces are breaking away and it's tough to get right back into the mix so quickly. I'd really like to see him sign with a "contender", that way he can hopefully get a ring before he has to hang it up. Then again, we were a couple Kyle Williams muffed kicks away from a Super Bowl in Harbaugh's first year, so you never know.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The 49ers just tried a young guy. Usually teams go in the opposite direction when they fire one, especially if the one they fired was even remotely successful like Harbaugh was. As bad of a fit as Holmgren would likely be, I think two years of him grooming Kaeperbro would do wonders for the team in the long run, assuming they want to stick with him. Shannahan would be an aweful hire. His lone claim to fame was riding Davis and Elway to a couple rings, while the rest of his career is a trail of epic failure.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My "ideal" scenario is Fangio at HC (apparently he had the first interview for the job and it lasted over 6 hours), Rex Ryan at defensive coordinator, and Gus Malzahn or Scott Frost at OC. There are a couple of current OCs that I'd prefer over Malzahn/Frost, but I doubt any of them would make a lateral move. However, in my ideal scenario, I worry that we're going to struggle on offense again with a "defensive minded" coach. We've been down that road before with Nolan/Singletary and despite having a much worse supporting cast around those coaches than we do now, it wasn't very pretty. So, we may be better served by Fangio staying put (if he will. I think he wants a HC opportunity) and trying to bring in a new, offense oriented coach.
I think you honestly believe Malzahn or Frost would move to NFL OC. Oh man, hahahaha. Never change.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
His lone claim to fame was riding Davis and Elway to a couple rings, while the rest of his career is a trail of epic failure.
As if Holmgren's is any better? I realize you think he's a good coach because he gave you guys your first SB win in 30+ years, but what is his claim to fame? Riding Reggie White and Favre to a title and a shitshow performance against the same Bronco team you're butthurt about? And let's be honest, it was Mariucci who groomed Favre - Favre has even admitted that himself.

Fadaar

That guy
I eagerly await watching Marcus Mariota get killed behind that terrible Bucs o-line.

Why must my team be so bad.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm not sure you could say Favre was 'groomed', per se...more like kind of brushed a little bit to get the burrs out. He won plenty of games throwing crazy passes, but he lost a fair amount of them doing the same.

I am curious to see if the Eagles try to find another quarterback or double down on the bullshit they have now. I bet Chip Kelly is itching to trade his entire draft Ditka-style for Mariota.

I eagerly await watching Marcus Mariota get killed behind that terrible Bucs o-line.

Why must my team be so bad.
If this happened it would be epic. The nfc east, selling off Their future since the RG3 draft.

Edit: quoted wrong post, was talking about chip wanting to go after mariota.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Deep down I hope Chippy Ditkas the draft for his boy. It won't happen, but as a registered Philadelphia Sports Hater I can't think of a better scenario than genius boy going off the deep end.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Report: Redskins agree with former 49ers GM Scot McCloughan | Comcast SportsNet Washington

Redskins fans... good, bad, meh?

Wonder if this means Allen is going to take a step back.
Crazy. A bit over a month ago I was saying that someone needed to pick him up. I never thought it'd be the Redskins. That said, I doubt he makes much of a difference. If they could gut the entire staff and let him build a team, it'd be good. But as is I think they're too dysfunctional. Hopefully Bruce Allen just becomes the contracts/business decisions guy.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Crazy. A bit over a month ago I was saying that someone needed to pick him up. I never thought it'd be the Redskins. That said, I doubt he makes much of a difference. If they could gut the entire staff and let him build a team, it'd be good. But as is I think they're too dysfunctional. Hopefully Bruce Allen just becomes the contracts/business decisions guy.
It depends on if your fantasy football owner is willing to actually let someone else make decisions. That was ostensibly what Allen was supposed to provide, a football voice in the room, but five years and 4-of-5 last place finishes later...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Report: Redskins agree with former 49ers GM Scot McCloughan | Comcast SportsNet Washington

Redskins fans... good, bad, meh?

Wonder if this means Allen is going to take a step back.
The guy was an alcoholic, which had a lot to do with him leaving football. That said, his 2007 draft class was out of this world. He fought Singletary over the decision to draft Willis, since Singletary didn't think he was very good. His '06 class wasn't bad, with Vernon Davis as a notable, but his '08 and '09 drafts weren't nearly as good, with the only decent players from those drafts being Crabtree, Josh Morgan, and you could maybe throw Ricky Jean-Francois on that list. He left before the 2010 draft (another amazing draft), so that one is attributed to Baalke.

Assuming he can keep his drinking under control, he definitely is a good talent evaluator and in my opinion, a decent pickup.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Well he's fucked then. If there's one place that will drive a man to drink it's the Redskins organization.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
49ers are interviewing both the Cardinals and Seahawks DCs this week. I actually think that is the way to go. Harbaugh the quarterback whisperer couldn't turn Kaepernick into a top 10 quarterback and I doubt anyone else will either. They should play to their strengths with the power running game and stiff defense. We already know that Kaep is good enough to win that way and going away from that (partially due to injuries) did not work this year. I don't know if these guys will be good head coaches, but I like the idea of going with a defense oriented guy and it never hurts to weaken your division opponents by poaching their coordinators. I think that has a greater chance of success than bring in a west coast offense guy like Holmgren or Shanahan even though they both have ties to the 49ers back in the day.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The best bet the 49ers have is to draft a QB that will be their passer in the next 2-3 years and run Kaepernick like the true non real QB he is and ride that shit until his wheels fall off and have a real QB developing.