The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know, he might do some crazy shit like play an entire season. Are you sure you're ready for that?
Cousins didn't seem to be nearly as injury prone as RG3 or McCoy. It was the never ending stream of picks. Felt like he was a guy that couldn't put one behind him, and it would just snowball. His strength in being decisive and quick getting rid of the ball sometimes is also his weakness. I'm just not sure he can ever eliminate the pick problem, b/c it shows up in training camp some too.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck it, give Cousins the keys. He'll challenge for the league lead in picks, but at least he'll move the ball some.
Right, but once he leads the league in picks, at least he'll have the credentials to demand being the highest paid player in the league, #JustEliThings.

Merrith

Right, but once he leads the league in picks, at least he'll have the credentials to demand being the highest paid player in the league, #JustEliThings.
He might need to put some jewelry on a couple of fingers before this is an apples to apples comparison.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
They used to say these things about Brett Favre! Nah, I'm fucking with you. Or am I...

It's a concussion apparently. This is actually bad because when he shits the place up there will always be that linger sentiment that well if he only had a full preseason! But that's the point; he's always getting hurt.

Also, not good you spent a top 5 pick on a right guard that got murdered by someone not named Suh or Fairley.

Merrith

They used to say these things about Brett Favre! Nah, I'm fucking with you. Or am I...
I guess we could compare Kirk Cousins to Brett Farve.

A guy with more picks than TD passes over his career and a guy with 172 more TD passes than picks in his career. Favre for all his picks still managed to average less than 1 per 30 passing attempts for his career, while Cousins averages 1 in just over every 21 attempts.

If you compare that ratio to the top 40 QB's in passing attempts last year (well 39, since Cousins was one of them), the only guy from that group worse than Cousins' career average last year was Jake Locker.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I thought espn's skins reporter put it well:

Griffin had little chance and is just not equipped to operate in a situation that demands even faster reads and the ability to feel pressure and slide away. He dropped back to pass eight times and was hit on six of those attempts while being sacked three times. That's what you call a total meltdown and an all-around effort of futility.

The protection needed to be much better. But good quarterback play is about helping yourself as well. Griffin is still learning to handle life in the pocket and that means he'll step into pressure too often, as he did on a couple of occasions. On a second-and-12 in the second quarter, Smith was driven back but there was room for Griffin to slide right. Instead, he took off running into the pressure and was drilled.
Washington Redskins wanted more progress, they got an injured RG III instead - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I can't blame RGIII on those sacks or hits...Fucks sake, those guys are coming right up the middle without being touched. His left tackle let him get blindsided two times.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Good lord I can't wait until week 1. Suh is going to get so fat off eating Redskins that he may develop a binge eating disorder.

Not to be an ass but I just can't see where they win more than 4 games this year. Snyder finally has them competing every year with the browns...ugh what a fall.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
We've got two spots open in the keeper league if anyone is interested. One of the teams has the first pick in the draft fyi

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't blame RGIII on those sacks or hits...Fucks sake, those guys are coming right up the middle without being touched. His left tackle let him get blindsided two times.
I think I read the starting LT was sitting out. Which is all the more reason to leave the presumptive starting QB in for four fucking series?

I thought espn's skins reporter put it well:
Pocket awareness only does so much when there's no pocket!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can tell you one thing, the Browns are going to miss Hoyer this year. JFF did not like completely horrible in the few series I actually watched of him though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think I read the starting LT was sitting out. Which is all the more reason to leave the presumptive starting QB in for four fucking series?

Pocket awareness only does so much when there's no pocket!
Explains a lot with the LT being out.

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is blaming RGIII for this game. That was 90% the O-Line being crap. But a couple of those knockdowns were definately avoidable by him. Plus the two throws where he was able to step into them were great.

This morning I hear that RGIII gets 16 million guaranteed next year if he gets injured. There is no way he stays a Redskin. If I was the Skins I release him this year and take the cap hit of 7 million or so. Why keep this cloud of uncertainty around with the guy? Let Buffalo snag him and call it a bad draft. Is Cousins the answer? Doubt it...but if RGIII can't stay healthy for whatever reason, why take that 16 million salary on for no reason other than hope?

Sterling

El Presidente
Explains a lot with the LT being out.

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is blaming RGIII for this game. That was 90% the O-Line being crap. Plus the two throws where he was able to step into them were great.

This morning I hear that RGIII gets 16 million guaranteed next year if he gets injured. There is no way he stays a Redskin. If I was the Skins I release him this year and take the cap hit of 7 million or so. Why keep this cloud of uncertainty around with the guy? Let Buffalo snag him and call it a bad draft. Is Cousins the answer? Doubt it...but if RGIII can't stay healthy for whatever reason, why take that 16 million salary on for no reason other than hope?
Yeah, it certainly wasn't all his fault. Suh and Wake are still going to destroy him week 1.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
When I watch RG3 I'm just amazed at his lack of pocket awareness. It reminds me a ton of Christian Ponder where he would drop back and immediately be in "oh shit" mode. We replace him with Matt Cassell and it's like night in day with his ability to just take a step forward to buy himself a couple more seconds. It's like base QB stuff that you only see college QBs and NFL disaster cases struggle with.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
When I watch RG3 I'm just amazed at his lack of pocket awareness. It reminds me a ton of Christian Ponder where he would drop back and immediately be in "oh shit" mode. We replace him with Matt Cassell and it's like night in day with his ability to just take a step forward to buy himself a couple more seconds. It's like base QB stuff that you only see college QBs and NFL disaster cases struggle with.
Here's the thing...He had good pocket presence prior to Shanahan not pulling him out that playoff game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Maybe he needs to see a shrink. He seems seriously rattled every since.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I don't follow college but it seems like it's more about a lack of actual QB teaching than anything. Like they'll take this athletic guy who can throw it halfway decent and make him the signal caller and it mostly works because it's college. So no focus on fundamentals, little to no advancement on actual QB play. Drop back, one, maybe two progression reads, and either throw or run. And then these guys have success that most likely is only partly because of them, and NFL teams that need a QB feel pressure to go after them. And most of teams convince themselves that they can coach these guys up to the NFL level.

It never works. The guys who have success were already good QBs who had the fundamentals down and just needed time to adjust to the game. In some cases the curve is lower (see: Luck) but others need time to learn (see: Rodgers). Some can fake it (see: Eli) but far too many can't even do that. And then because they never really got coached up in College, they just fail. Those that don't are so few and far between than it's a wonder teams even bother to try.