The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Lol I saw the headline and figured this place exploded. Didn't disappoint.
eh i dont know if exploded is the right word.

i feel like b/c the Patriots organization was completely exonerated, and IF guilty this would be Bradys first offense - these two factors kind of contribute to even foam finger pats fans (me) not being all that pissed off.

Also there is precedent of punishment for this offense, and it does not include the suspension of a player....

So, even if they had a video of brady plunging his dick into all 12 balls and releasing air - he's still playing every game next year.

I think?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Honestly cheating would not have helped the Dolphins enough to matter the last 10 years.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't finished reading the entire report yet, but apparently Brady wasn't fully cooperative (refused to hand over phone logs) and Wells believes the deflated footballs didn't really provide an advantage. Kraft and BB had no involvement and didn't know it was going on. Okay. Fine Brady and maybe suspend him a game or two tops and move on. This entire thing is still laughable as far as "cheating" goes but if Brady did lie and refused to fully cooperate with the investigation, fuck him. I think that bothers me more than the entire thing of deflating footballs.
I agree with this, not cooperating makes Brady look even worse in light of everything that's in those text messages. It certainly now makes more sense why he was a deer in the headlights during that presser.

Thought this was interesting:

Additional evidence of Brady?s awareness includes a material increase in the
frequency of telephone and text communications between Brady and Jastremski shortly after
suspicions of ball tampering became public on January 19. After not communicating by
telephone or text message for more than six months (based on data retrieved from Jastremski?s
cell phone), Brady and Jastremski spoke by telephone at least twice on January 19 (calls lasting a
total of 25 minutes and 2 seconds), twice on January 20 (calls lasting a total of 9 minutes and 55
seconds) and twice on January 21 (calls lasting a total of 20 minutes and 52 seconds) before
Jastremski surrendered his cell phone to the Patriots later that day for forensic imaging. These
calls included conversations relatively early during the mornings of January 19 (7:26 a.m. for 13
minutes and 4 seconds), January 20 (8:22 a.m. for 6 minutes and 21 seconds) and January 21
(7:38 a.m. for 13 minutes and 47 seconds). Brady also took the unprecedented step of inviting
Jastremski to the QB room (essentially Brady?s office) in Gillette Stadium on January 19 for the
first and only time that Jastremski can recall during his twenty-year career with the Patriots, and
Brady sent Jastremski text messages seemingly designed to calm Jastremski ("You good Jonny
boy?"; "You doing good?"). For his part, Jastremski sent Brady text messages confirming that
he was okay ("Still nervous; so far so good though") and cautioning Brady about questioning
("FYI...Dave will be picking your brain later about it. He?s not accusing me, or anyone...trying to
get to bottom of it. He knows it?s unrealistic you did it yourself...").

Xevy

Log Wizard
I feel like it's the duty of Amod to comb through the last 50 pages of this thread to find all the Deflate Gate bets made now! I don't remember any, but if there's a good chance of Patriot fans being banned/punished I'm all for double checking.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
MASTER TROLLE FACE

So BB has rampant cheating going on in his locker room, people murdering other people, etc. You know you suck when Joe Philbin has better control of his locker room than you.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brady won't be suspended the evidence is litterally "he made calls to these guys and signed equipment for them".

Maybe the equipment guys get fired, If they are Patriots employees i don't know if the league could do anything though.

Brady won't be suspended the evidence is litterally "he made calls to these guys and signed equipment for them".

Maybe the equipment guys get fired, If they are Patriots employees i don't know if the league could do anything though.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Read the report...it's really only 139 pages, the rest is sort of supplemental data from the testing company.

It's actually a well written report, only took me like an hour and fourth five.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Read the report...it's really only 139 pages, the rest is sort of supplemental data from the testing company.

It's actually a well written report, only took me like an hour and fourth five.
chances you read the report completely = 0%

chances that you just wanted a reason to announce you can read 139 pages of crap in an hour "fourth five" = 100%

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Although Brady reportedly was pleased by the footballs, he asked Jastremski to prepare another ball using a different process. Specifically, according to Jastremski, Brady asked for a ball that was not treated with the leather conditioner typically used by the Patriots, but instead was rubbed vigorously with leather-palmed gloves similar to those worn by Patriots wide receivers. Brady told us that he asked to see a ball prepared this way because the weather forecast called for rain, and he knew from prior experiences using footballs treated with leather conditioner in "weather games" that they might become oily and hard to grip. According to Jastremski, Brady liked the sample ball that had been "gloved" more than the conditioner-treated balls, and asked how many similarly prepared footballs Jastremski could prepare by game time. Jastremski told us that he decided to prepare another full set of game balls, and that, by mid-Sunday morning, he had removed the initial preservative from 24 new footballs, brushed them and treated them with dirt. He and other members of the equipment staff then "gloved" the footballs, spending between 7 and 15 minutes vigorously rubbing each ball. According to Brady, this created a set of game balls "where most of the tack on the ball 50 ended up coming from the leather receiver gloves." Jastremski told us that he set the pressure level to 12.6 psi after each ball was gloved and then placed the ball on a trunk in the equipment room for Brady to review.
Isn't that basically coating the balls with a light coating of stickum?

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's just pre-wearing it so the ball is less slick and more rough, so when mixed with water from the rain it's not sticky, but the surface is easier to grip. It doesn't 'grab back' like stickum would, it just helps prevent squeezing the ball out of your hand like a greased pig. It's legal to do as long as it's done before the refs inspect it. I think all teams do this.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
these texts are great

CEVsIg7WIAAC4j8.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Also there is precedent of punishment for this offense, and it does not include the suspension of a player....

So, even if they had a video of brady plunging his dick into all 12 balls and releasing air - he's still playing every game next year.

I think?
Like Goodell gives a shit about precedent.