The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
Back to deflategate, I wonder what Kraft and Belichick get as punishments. After all, as we found with the Saints and the suspension of Sean Payton for a year, ignorance is not an excuse.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Back to deflategate, I wonder what Kraft and Belichick get as punishments. After all, as we found with the Saints and the suspension of Sean Payton for a year, ignorance is not an excuse.
Unless you are the commissioner of course.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's a bit early to call Bortles a bust. Very few QBs look great in their rookie season, and I don't even count RG3/Wilson/Kaepernick in recent years because what they did as rookies wasn't exactly quarterbacking.
I thought Bortles did exceptionally well given what little he had to work with. Dude didn't really have anyone to throw to and was under sack pressure every play before the ball was even snapped.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
At the end of the day....

The Patriots will be just fine will still win over 11+ games, still make the playoffs, still have 4 SB trophies.

Brady and Belichick will still go to the HOF, still have multi million dollar a year jobs in broadcasting whenever they feel like. Still be celebrated as Gods in New England. Brady will still fuck Giselle on a nightly basis, with or without his Uggs on.

The Dolphins, Bills and Jets will still be vying to see who can finish 2nd in AFC East.

The only thing you Pats fans haters get is a decent comeback when us Pat fans rub your faces in the Patriots success and your teams failures.

But nothing changes.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I still feel like the Jaguars are plucky. They just can't catch a break.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I still feel like the Jaguars are plucky. They just can't catch a break.
khan_khanketterman-e1339872621392.jpg

They'll be fine.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha these Pats apologists never cease to amuse with their justifications for cheating. Pete Rose all those douche bags.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whether intentional or not, Brady liking lower inflated balls has helped the Patriots reduce fumbles.Sharp Football Analysishas data that I will admit is cherry picked, but it does show that the Patriots fumble rate has decreased since Brady lobbied the NFL to let away teams bring their own balls for offense.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Whether intentional or not, Brady liking lower inflated balls has helped the Patriots reduce fumbles.Sharp Football Analysishas data that I will admit is cherry picked, but it does show that the Patriots fumble rate has decreased since Brady lobbied the NFL to let away teams bring their own balls for offense.
That article is nothing new and has been debunked several times, including in this thread.

Cybsled

Points across the board for all teams has increased since the 2006 rule that let teams manage their own balls. Before all this shit blew up, you even had QBs fucking admit TO THE DAMNED MEDIA that they liked balls outside regulation.

The biggest party at fault in this is the NFL. They hold people to regulations, but don't actually record or regulate them properly (unless it has to do with stuff like officially sanctioned shoes). Just throw the book wide open and let teams do whatever with the damn ball so long as it is just compressed air in it. No one is going to throw pancakes.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Points across the board for all teams has increased since the 2006 rule that let teams manage their own balls. Before all this shit blew up, you even had QBs fucking admit TO THE DAMNED MEDIA that they liked balls outside regulation.

The biggest party at fault in this is the NFL. They hold people to regulations, but don't actually record or regulate them properly (unless it has to do with stuff like officially sanctioned shoes). Just throw the book wide open and let teams do whatever with the damn ball so long as it is just compressed air in it. No one is going to throw pancakes.
Another EVERYONE DOES IT!! excuse. Scoring going up has more to do with rule changes favoring offense. That doesn't explain why the Patriots were such outliers when it came to fumbles, or why players fumble rate dropped dramatically when joining the Patriots and would go up when going to another team.

Your point about QBs admitting they like their footballs a certain way is irrelevant if they don't do the shady shit the Pats and tamper with the balls after they've been officially measured. The only mention I've heard of close to what you're saying is Rodgers saying he'd overinflate them BEFORE they were measured and then the refs would just deflate them to legal levels

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That article is nothing new and has been debunked several times, including in this thread.
Yeah, because people in the football thread of Rerolled know how to analyze data. Maybe you should lend your statistical genius to the guys at 538 who said that while Sharp's analysis wasn't perfect, they came to pretty much the same conclusion:

pasted_image_at_2015_05_06_11_58_am.png

I'm sure your data analysis is much better than theirs

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, because people in the football thread of Rerolled know how to analyze data. Maybe you should lend your statistical genius to the guys at 538 who said that while Sharp's analysis wasn't perfect, they came to pretty much the same conclusion:

pasted_image_at_2015_05_06_11_58_am.png

I'm sure your data analysis is much better than theirs
Huh? 538 was one of the ones that originally posted that Sharps data was mostly bullshit complete with links of other studies blasting the fuck out of it.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/y...ical-analyses/

I don't know where Benm (Benjamin Morris) got his data (and what it was) to plug into his calculations for that chart and I couldn't find where he said he got it, other thanherewhere he references Sharps original data even though 538 acknowledged in the past (topmost link) that Sharps not only cherry picked his data, but used incorrect data. 538 didn't tear the fuck out of Sharps themselves; they didn't have to. The linked studies they have at the bottom of their article that they tell you to read did that perfectly for them and they alluded to that in their own article.

In the first study that 538 links (http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-t...805710/+kylenw) done by statistics professor G. J. Matthews, he breaks down team fumble rates by position and concludes that

New England's running backs and receivers don't really look like major fumble-preventing outliers at all
That's where I got my data analysis. Did Morris pull his data from Sharps? I've found literally nothing on him other than him alluding to Sharps original data that he may have used for his own calculations.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My team would shitstomp the AFC east too. Playing in a soft ass basement division for fifteen years and still have to cheat to win championships? If Brady had to play in the AFCN or NFCW he would have retired from injuries by now.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I can't see much happening w/o hard proof here, the NFLPA isn't just gonna sit by and let Brady get railroaded over more likely than not he cheated. The NFL is gonna need something more than circumstantial.