The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
But what's your side of the argument? That the general collective of small sample size and non objectively framed statistics proves that slightly under inflated footballs make a massive impact on fumble numbers?
My side of the argument is that it made an impact. Even if it made a tiny impact, it still affected the game and therefore should be punished, two draft picks and a 4 game suspension isn't nearly enough.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
You are some dumb mother fuckers if you think for half a second that players don't fumble because OH LAWDY COACH GUN PUNISH ME IF I DROP DA BALL.
They arent on the team. They get cut. Thats the punishment. You don't play and get no more opportunities to fumble. Remember, Belichick has complete control of all personal decisions. If he wants you gone, you go. You don't even wind on roster if you have ever had fumble issues. Few coaches have that power and the weight it carries on players. Coaching is pretty much guns and butter with your time. The Patriots have had a similar offense, defense and terminology for 15 years. There isn't a lot of new teaching or implementing going on. No new systems or overhauls are taking up practice time. Consistency is as big reason for why the Patriots are good every single year as anything else. They have time to focus on fundamentals and the small things. Fumbles occur when the ball carrier gets tired or sloppy. They aren't a random occurrence. They have identifiable causes.

Also consider that every single year for the last 13 years, except last year because of Brandon Browner and 2006, The Patriots have been one of top 10 least penalized teams in the NFL. That's not because of deflated footballs. It's coaching.

Patriots - NFL.com

Stevan Ridley focused on eliminating fumbles

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I'm not a Pats fan, but are you really trying to say the deflated balls are a big deal and made some kind of difference?

Let's be serious, the Patriots win because they have a great QB, and even with that they lost two superbowls to inferior teams and almost lost this latest Superbowl.

This whole thing is dumb and their division sucks ass. They could suspend him for 8 games and theyd still make the playoffs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't have anything to add, except that it's amazing the amount of butt hurt that Sutekh has over anything Patriots related.

And the Olympics.

Fucking LOL that people (outside of athletes) care about the Olympics.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brady is the real winner regardless of recent events. Look how enraged his detractors are.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Some nice info a Bills fan dug up about fumbling statistics since the Patriots started deflating balls after the refs approved them.

No impact doe.
Don't forget how it makes the balls easier to catch.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not a Pats fan, but are you really trying to say the deflated balls are a big deal and made some kind of difference?

Let's be serious, the Patriots win because they have a great QB, and even with that they lost two superbowls to inferior teams and almost lost this latest Superbowl.

This whole thing is dumb and their division sucks ass. They could suspend him for 8 games and theyd still make the playoffs.
Not a Pats fan, but just as stupid as one?

Sutekh_sl said:
My side of the argument is that it made an impact.Even if it made a tiny impact, it still affected the game and therefore should be punished, two draft picks and a 4 game suspension isn't nearly enough.
No I'm not saying it's a BIG DEAL at all.

I dunno man, you're pretty obsessed with deflate gate. Nothing has an asterisk, except in your mind.

I think you're really ultimately angry that Brady could sit 4 games and the Dolphins still wouldn't make the playoffs.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno man, you're pretty obsessed with deflate gate. Nothing has an asterisk, except in your mind.

I think you're really ultimately angry that Brady could sit 4 games and the Dolphins still wouldn't make the playoffs.
Cause the Jets are taking the East this year amirite?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider

I'm not angry about that, I don't have much faith in the Dolphins to do anything and that's something I accepted about 15 years ago.

eWmKMEz.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm not angry about that, I don't have much faith in the Dolphins to do anything and that's something I accepted about 15 years ago.
Wait...You just picked up arguably the best D Lineman your team has ever had. Strengthened every position outside the QB (which no team does unless lucky) and you still have no faith? THIS would be the year to have faith.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait...You just picked up arguably the best D Lineman your team has ever had. Strengthened every position outside the QB (which no team does unless lucky) and you still have no faith? THIS would be the year to have faith.
Only one position that we didn't get stronger at that matters, the coach.

Column_sl

shitlord
Is it because they never shut up about how their bench players could start for other teams? Or how good Romo is? Or that this is finally the year?
More like ..

B-_h4DAUwAAJBa9.jpg:large

Thank god someone makes the East look good every year, it certainly isn't the Redskins.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
More like ..

B-_h4DAUwAAJBa9.jpg:large

Thank god someone makes the East look good every year, it certainly isn't the Redskins.
Not true, Giants haven't looked too great past couple years. No worries though, we'll be back on top this year.