The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
I liked what one of the Cowboys.com writers said:

It is no secret that Murray is not the most gifted running back when it comes to a burst and extended speed. There were plenty of snaps I scouted myself during the season where if Murray would have had an extra gear, those five-yard gains would have been eight-to-10.

Where Murray was at his best was finishing runs in a physical manor, but the film showed that every week there were some opportunities for bigger plays and Randle was not off in his comments at all for as much as people want to be critical to him for making them.
I remember feeling that way after some replays during a game or two. Like he zigged when he should have zagged. Now, it's unknown if Randle can be the one to get those extra yards but either way, we'll see how the season plays out.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. This season is going to be so funny with Murray thriving here and Dallas running game being mediocre. You guys are still trying to convince yourselves he wasn't a big loss.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Loss? You do realize he "left" because managament refused to give him anything other than a low ball offer, right? They're not like Chip Kelly doing random shit with no rhyme or reason

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loss? You do realize he "left" because managament refused to give him anything other than a low ball offer, right? They're not like Chip Kelly doing random shit with no rhyme or reason
Ah yea. Lost him for more money. Stop making the Cowboys out to be a rational franchise that makes sound decisions.

Speaking of.. Where exactly does your running game need to be to concede losing Murray was a mistake? You obviously won't have the top rusher this year, so where?

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ah yea. Lost him for more money. Stop making the Cowboys out to be a rational franchise that makes sound decisions.

Speaking of.. Where exactly does your running game need to be to concede losing Murray was a mistake? You obviously won't have the top rusher this year, so where?
You make it sound like it would be easy for Murray to be the top rusher two years in a row. The last time a rb was top rusher for two years in a row was LaDainian Tomlinson in 06 and 07.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You make it sound like it would be easy for Murray to be the top rusher two years in a row. The last time a rb was top rusher for two years in a row was LaDainian Tomlinson in 06 and 07.
Correcton..they make it sound like the next guy up his going to be the top rusher

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

You can't look at single rushers, we're obviously going to be a running back by committee next year. I'd say if our running game gets close to last years but with fewer fumbles, then it was not a mistake. I'd like to see us have a RB who outperforms Murray, but that won't be telling of whether it was a mistake to cut him loose since they're running behind different lines.

Bill looks like a 65 year old lesbian

20150529_dsp14095.jpg

moontayle

Golden Squire
Over/under Cowboys have a running back that rushed over 1200 yards?
One back having 1200 sounds about right. Keep in mind that we don't need to replace Murray, we just need our overall run game to be roughly the same, which was ~2400 yards.

I figure Randle and McFadden will have the bulk of the carries.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Lol. This season is going to be so funny with Murray thriving here and Dallas running game being mediocre. You guys are still trying to convince yourselves he wasn't a big loss.
wtf are you talking about Convo? Addition by subtraction, now that the running game isn't taking away so many snaps think about how great Romo will be! NOBODY in the league will be able to doubt Romo's worth after this season...

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Murray had like 700 yards before contact in 2014, and the Cowboy's O-line just got a 4th 1st round talent added to it. Cowboys won't change their game plan - if Randle isn't up to the task there will be other options, just like there is every year.