The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They put some work into this one and it shows. I wasn't sure if the original movie would be too scary for my son at 6 but we watched and he loved it. This will be a good one to add to the list.

Siliconemelons

Need to watch the original, never seen it... or should I wait for this, then watch the OG as this is before?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I was very happy to see that most of it was live pupperty - I also was happy to see that they kept some of the odd looking aspects of the models and their limited articulation from the original even though now it could have been corrected via CG or more advanced mechanics etc etc

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
They put some work into this one and it shows. I wasn't sure if the original movie would be too scary for my son at 6 but we watched and he loved it. This will be a good one to add to the list.

The skeksis were motherfucking creepy as all hell.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

The skeksis were motherfucking creepy as all hell.

Ya, those scenes where that one skekis is draining the life essence from gelflings and turning them into blank eyed zombies or whatever used to be creepy as fuck to me when I was a kid.

I was also didn't like the part when the crab things murder the strider-rabbit mounts.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
GODDAMMIT.....it actually looks fantastic.

I mean, the trailer looked like scenes taken from the original. I worry that some scenes are going to look too clean. Literally. The scene where the Skeksis were eating looked quite a bit more sterile than the original. Hopefully that was just because it flashed by too quickly, but one of the things that made that scene so great in the original was how disgusting everything was, as if the Skeksis were revelling in the filth.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gal and I are in! I'll have to get the original for my son first.

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm genuinely joyed to watch that trailer. With how Disney has treated Muppet and Henson related material i fully expected this to be a pos Netflix show. However it looks like Jim himself was guiding this from the visuals, to the sense of story and how grand it comes across. hyped as fuck.

• 1Like

Cybsled

When the Henson children sold off the muppet/Henson production rights to Disney, they didn't sell off everything. They kept the rights to Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Farscape.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
*sigh* Farscape

Still makes my blood boil that it was allowed to go fallow. I've forced people to watch it in the years since and all of them were shocked that it wasn't a new production.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

We at least got Peacekeeper Wars to wrap up the show and they had a short lived official comic that continued the story post-PK Wars. I recall they had a MMO planned that fell through. The lore document for that was on the internet briefly before vanishing. Not sure anyone saved it.

Gunn's vision for Guardians of the Galaxy was heavily inspired by Farscape. He even made cast members watch the show to give an idea as to what he was going for in terms of tone.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I haven't seen Dark Crystal since I was a kid. I forgot how amazing the creature design was. Was glad to see what looked like this guy show up again too:

tumblr_my7kpizjId1qcpijho2_250 (1).gif

For something that could look like it was out of a horror movie from the 80's, it had enough non-threatening features to make up for it.

• 1Garbage

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The original movie is on Netflix now in 4K. It isn't the best transfer I've seen, but it is very pretty.

• 1Like