The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
man, even if the plot ends up sucking, it just LOOKS so damn gorgeous that i know i'm going to enjoy the hell out of it

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
man, even if the plot ends up sucking, it just LOOKS so damn gorgeous that i know i'm going to enjoy the hell out of it

Plot cannot get too happy and free since we know the Skeksis kill all but two Gelfling and enslave most of the pod people. Ograh sending Gelfling to their deaths is going to be interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
shit looks dope. get the high grade marijuana for this one.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It does look fantastic. I imagine Henson would be happy as the original was the project he had the most pride in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It just really makes me happy that most of it is actual puppets and you can tell. It is a medium that has been sorely underutilized since the advent of CGI and the industry is not as good without it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I just cannot wait to see this.

Even though I know that most people won't like it and that the only reason I want to see it is pure nostalgia, I can't help but get super excited since the trailers look exactly like the movie from decades ago.

• 3Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It just really makes me happy that most of it is actual puppets and you can tell. It is a medium that has been sorely underutilized since the advent of CGI and the industry is not as good without it.

I was having a hard time with if it was actual puppets or CGI but purposely made to look like a puppet talking.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was having a hard time with if it was actual puppets or CGI but purposely made to look like a puppet talking.
From what I have heard its a combination of CGI/Puppetry. The facial and some of the running/climbing stuff is CGI or CGI assisted in some manner. Looks great nonetheless.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah they've said they're pretty much devoted to doing as much as possible with actual physical props / effects. and they're self-aware enough to realize that trying to go 100% physical just for the sake of it would be detrimental to the show, so they're mixing in some CGI too. sounds perfect to me.

• 2Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Looks like the just did a pass on the story with zero regard for what would be puppets and what would be cgi... just figured out what shots and scenes they wanted to show to best tell the story. Then they dissected each scene into what needed to be physical elements to capture that original feeling and what would be cgi.

It looks great and it's going to suck, watching everything die/get enslaved. I might have to actually get Netflix again so I can watch the gelfling version of rogue one.

• 3Like

Siliconemelons

It's out... seems some ret-conning is going down with the lore right off the bat.

Visuals are great, however the full CGI scenes look like crap compared to the mixed and full practical shots.

But, I am only halfway through ep1

Siliconemelons

I am just rustled by the retcon when it was not needed... And we'll... I guess I'll give it time, but breaks the entire point of the first movie... if they are just some random aliens... but maybe it's all explained..maybe that's the point? It still is good... a lot better than most new stuff

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The alien thing has always been there, they did graphic novels that dig into it as well as Aughra.

• 1Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I've never been much of an MJ fan, but I'm severely tempted to get delivery edibles and a shitload of doordash to burn through this all weekend.

• 1Rimshot