The Division 2

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Those skill builds are 180 from what you would build for solo though. Skill builds for damage are worthless. Self cucking yourself for healing skill builds are team only. Because you will be doing fuck all besides healing/ressing at that point and that gear doesn't work once you leave the group to get any content done yourself.

I've run out of motivation to log back in since I'm not a streamer or had a bunch of time to play when this launched and exploited easy gear. Nor do I like grouping, so the DZ is a no go. I don't even care about Heroics, I just wanted to be able to do challenging stuff and have the world tier set to challenging but not just be bog standard all reds with an LMG. Too bad for me.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Damn. I am looking for a COVID game to play and this seemed very appropriate. I guess I can look at the backlog?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Damn. I am looking for a COVID game to play and this seemed very appropriate. I guess I can look at the backlog?
If youve never played it, its amazing. Start from level 1 and not boost. The game is worth the $3-60 bucks. You have to like looter shooters/grindy fucking shit though. There is an easy 60+ hours here and the end missions are pretty sweet with taking the end game bad people base or raiding Camp David.

I really love the Camp David mission on ultra hard, the music and sounds are just amazing. Most of the missions are good but putting yourself in that situation is pretty neat. If you pay attention, there is a ton of cool shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Those skill builds are 180 from what you would build for solo though. Skill builds for damage are worthless. Self cucking yourself for healing skill builds are team only. Because you will be doing fuck all besides healing/ressing at that point and that gear doesn't work once you leave the group to get any content done yourself.

Dude, you have 100 gear slots on your person, and can make 3 load-outs without spending any SHD on more off the bat. Its as easy as clicking one button and yourre in your full red gear, full rifle build, smg, lmg, whatever the fuck. Shit, even while in combat, lol. Dont make it sound like youre locked into a spec because youre not. I get good gear of all sots every day that I dismantle because its not my thing.

The base game is literally $3 right now until the 14th II think. I would not consider that a risky purchase. Dont like it? Its a cup of coffee.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Like Alias said, if you have the base Div 2 game, playing through it once for the story difficulty is fine. Everything feels good and its fun. It's only the end game content that either the grind appeals to you or doesn't.

Dude, you have 100 gear slots on your person, and can make 3 load-outs without spending any SHD on more off the bat. Its as easy as clicking one button and yourre in your full red gear, full rifle build, smg, lmg, whatever the fuck. Shit, even while in combat, lol. Dont make it sound like youre locked into a spec because youre not. I get good gear of all sots every day that I dismantle because its not my thing.
Yes. Still doesn't solve me being a whiny bitch because what I wanted to work doesn't work (skill damage builds). Getting a basic heal build set up would take me just buying/crafting some extra HW and then matchmaking and standing at the back and pressing some heal skills occasionally, fine, great, awesome.

But we're still left with very little successful build diversity for Challenging+ difficulty.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Aww yeah..

BK.PNG

Not the best roll in the world but ill take it...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still can't believe that not only did someone think that it would be a good idea to go back to exotics having ranges on their stats, but also that you shouldn't even be able to recalibrate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just reached 38 and needing 40 to do the Keener mission. Holy fuck, you almost get "one shot" even in Story mode. That shit is dumb as fuck.

I can see why people are hitting 40, going for Bullet King and then just stopping. Paint me guilty though, I've enjoyed the expac so far. That being said, I'll probably hit 40, clear the missions, maybe go for Bullet King and slop together some decent set and put it down until they one-touch in a few months. Zero interest in playing some "one shot" disco. If I wanted to do that, I'd go raid Mythic again.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I just reached 38 and needing 40 to do the Keener mission. Holy fuck, you almost get "one shot" even in Story mode. That shit is dumb as fuck.

I can see why people are hitting 40, going for Bullet King and then just stopping. Paint me guilty though, I've enjoyed the expac so far. That being said, I'll probably hit 40, clear the missions, maybe go for Bullet King and slop together some decent set and put it down until they one-touch in a few months. Zero interest in playing some "one shot" disco. If I wanted to do that, I'd go raid Mythic again.

Best part is the devs patting themselves on the back so hard cuz "the game is difficult again! yeehaaw!"

Vorph

Think I've finally about had it. Shield build was ok, but nothing special. Even if it was godly, the pistol reticule is just too damn annoying after a while.

I'm a fan of the sniper turret build, but I went from having ~20 keys for all DC factions plus 7 cleaner and 5 rikers from leveling to being basically out of all of them, and I still never got a Go Bag.

I don't really mind the game being harder now, but bullet sponges are stupid and the grind is far worse than WT5 because risk vs. reward is so out of whack. Plus NY content really isn't that interesting once you complete the story so it's just grinding to get back to being able to do the same stuff you've done a million times.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That season exotic face mask ( I think you get it at like season level 30?) is really strong if you dont have your crit fully maxxed yet. It adds a ton of deeps to your build. I mostly have a LMG full crit 6 red, so far 48% crit and 98% crit dmg LMG build with bullet king as my primary, but ive been running with a named M1A DMR I found as my secondary and im getting like 1.3m-1.4m crits with it. Plus my bullet king went from ~200K per shot avg to ~350K per shot avg with that mask depending on range.

Also those SHD levels really make you strong. I was looking at it last night more carefully and if and when you have some of that stuff maxxed, its like giving you another full set or two worth of stats, like crit, headshot dmg, reload, which all adds tons of DPS plus all the defensive and skill stuff too. I was watching some streamer dude last night that has 800SHD levels so far and he says the power it adds to your build is really strong, shit you can actually feel when it gets better. The fucker has been grinding the dark zone for 15 hrs a day, lol, but nevertheless he says its the key thing to grind for, SHD levels, if you want to make your character super strong.

Last edited:

Vorph

If you hate PVP (especially the DZ, which is a whole 'nother level of ass cancer) as much as I do, or your build just sucks ass still because nothing good ever drops, what you should do is turn all your CPs green--ignore the manhunt ones for obvious reasons--and then set the global difficulty to Heroic and turn on all 5 directives. Then watch as target practice activities appear all over the place because only green activities can spawn when you have full control over an area. It's just like the exploit they patched last week; all they "fixed" was the crazy amount of xp and extra loot you got from failing it 3 times before completing. Now you just complete it on the first go, and move on to the next one. It's not quite as fast as the exploit was since you spend a bit more of your time running but it's still 330k XP which is almost half a season rank and more than 2/3's of a SHD point, and as long as you dodge all the random enemies roaming the streets there's zero gear requirement. It's a good way to level up a specialization that you have few/no points in too. Just don't forget to refill your ammo, or you'll run out fast because of that one directive. Or just do it all with a pistol.

Doing that for a couple hours yesterday got me more ~max rolls for my library as well as a couple exotics (sadly just two Chameleons, which is a garbage tier gun) than the last dozen+ hours I spent in Hard missions and doing CP3's.

There's some other weird exploit going on now too. Only video for it I've seen is some Chinese dude on YT though. He hands in a few resources to a CP officer and gets a cache without leveling up either SHD or the season. Then logs out and back in and does it again, over and over. I've given tons of resources since I like to keep that detection buff running, but they've never given me a cache for it so I don't get it. Someone said you had to be season rank 15+ but I'm over 20 now.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I never really paid attention to difficulty because they all have different difficulties, but what happened was is I switched my world difficulty from challenging to hard, then back to challenging again so I had all that manhunt stuff refreshed so I started doing it again, and those were the bounties I did.