The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got two of them the other day doing target practice on Heroic (the zone where most of them spawn had ARs as its loot).

Too bad the gun is shit. I'd gladly trade both of them for a damn Go Bag, up to like 120 locked crates now and still nothing there.

-------------------
I decided to try a LMG build last night. Got a Good Times from a seasonal crate which was nice since it's DZ exclusive, and I'm using Coyote Mask, Providence chest and holster, CV backpack, Contractor gloves, and Fox's kneepads. The LMG and both named items are godrolls, or will be once I finally get 12% CHD rolls for all slots in my library. Running Obliterate on the chest and temporarily have Unstoppable Force on the backpack (should be Companion but I don't have any packs with 4 reds so that I can swap the talent).

The damage it does is insane, as expected, but I don't get how people survive with it. I watched someone using practically the exact same build clear a CP4 in under 3 minutes, but I'm doing the manhunt on Hard with CPs raised to +3 so I get the new BPs, and I'm struggling to not die constantly. If you get the drop on a group or there's a choke point to just mow them down it's fine, but if they're spread out all over the place and you end up getting shot at from all over plus a bunch of grenades and drones... forget it. I still only have like 30-40 points in Gunner, but it was enough to at least get the LMG dmg/pouch and 10% armor heal nodes. Trying to level up specs now is some retarded shit.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got two of them the other day doing target practice on Heroic (the zone where most of them spawn had ARs as its loot).

Too bad the gun is shit. I'd gladly trade both of them for a damn Go Bag, up to like 120 locked crates now and still nothing there.

-------------------
I decided to try a LMG build last night. Got a Good Times from a seasonal crate which was nice since it's DZ exclusive, and I'm using Coyote Mask, Providence chest and holster, CV backpack, Contractor gloves, and Fox's kneepads. The LMG and both named items are godrolls, or will be once I finally get 12% CHD rolls for all slots in my library. Running Obliterate on the chest and temporarily have Unstoppable Force on the backpack (should be Companion but I don't have any packs with 4 reds so that I can swap the talent).

The damage it does is insane, as expected, but I don't get how people survive with it. I watched someone using practically the exact same build clear a CP4 in under 3 minutes, but I'm doing the manhunt on Hard with CPs raised to +3 so I get the new BPs, and I'm struggling to not die constantly. If you get the drop on a group or there's a choke point to just mow them down it's fine, but if they're spread out all over the place and you end up getting shot at from all over plus a bunch of grenades and drones... forget it. I still only have like 30-40 points in Gunner, but it was enough to at least get the LMG dmg/pouch and 10% armor heal nodes. Trying to level up specs now is some retarded shit.

I use a dmr for the long range stuff. The named m1a that dropped from the season thing. It shreds. shit, I use this more than my bullet king now even in instances and groups. Still do 1 billion+ dmg no problem even if my build is not optimised for dmr. I only have the +15% dmr dmg from the gunner skill tree. The rest is my overall weapon dmg and crit shit. I can pull in 1.4mill headshots. Sit back and plink away at shit until the numbers are widdled down enough where I can go in like rambo. Take out the stupid grenade chuckers and engineers first with their bombing drones.

But if youre going pure LMG you have to get up and close and personal. I recommend that one chest talent which gives you back your armor every min. Thats what I run with.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Ive been running the glass cannon crit build and holy shit does it shred until I get hit. Super fun though.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I spent 5 minutes at the crafting station and put together a healing set. So now I can just stand in the back, headshot occasionally for a useless +30 repair buff, toss out a hive, and then hide behind cover and pop off heal gel and collect loot.

Got 1 shitty Fox's Prayer 4.2% damage? Fuck you!1!111!!1one. And 4 exotics (2 Tardigrade, now part of my shit healing set, 1 Chameleon, 1 Chatterbox) trying to get Fox's.

Vorph

If you had a L39 character you could buy the Fox's Prayer at the clan vendor. They're only a little less armor, 10.2% weapon damage, and still 15% out of cover dmg.

Vorph

Nothing quite like opening faction crate #130 or so, finally seeing an exotic in it, then noticing it's this:

wtf.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

I use a dmr for the long range stuff. The named m1a that dropped from the season thing. It shreds. shit, I use this more than my bullet king now even in instances and groups. Still do 1 billion+ dmg no problem even if my build is not optimised for dmr. I only have the +15% dmr dmg from the gunner skill tree. The rest is my overall weapon dmg and crit shit. I can pull in 1.4mill headshots. Sit back and plink away at shit until the numbers are widdled down enough where I can go in like rambo. Take out the stupid grenade chuckers and engineers first with their bombing drones.

But if youre going pure LMG you have to get up and close and personal. I recommend that one chest talent which gives you back your armor every min. Thats what I run with.
Yeah, I was using the White Death that Cassie sold last week, but it just wasn't cutting it. Switching to Baker's Dozen (and the ACOG crit scope instead of the 35% HS one) has helped a lot when I just can't get into effective LMG range.

Last edited:

Hosix

All labs matter!
I got that everlasting gaze. The 50% duration increase to DOTs is nice.

Doing a skill build. Toss hive with those attack thingies. Add in the Acosta go bag grenade toss and it’s pretty good damage with supercharging.

I am finally comfortable on challenging.

But fuck me in the ass....doing a CP3 and the supply guys return during my fight? Really????

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Man, since I switched to using Baker's Dozen as "backup" for my LMG build instead of the MMR I had before I think I'm using the rifle about 80% of the time. And clearing shit considerably faster, including Heroic mobs (so far just bounties and random assholes I run into while going from one target practice to the next).

Trying to think how to optimize my build for rifle first and LMG second. I figure I have the middle Coyote buff most of the time, so I'm shooting for 50% CC mark. Currently I have 2 pc Providence, 1 pc CV, plus Contractor and Fox. Ideally I'd get rid of the CV for another Providence or a Grupo since they're both 15% CHD. Crit % isn't super easy to get even to 50% with a rifle though, not sure that will work. Maybe once I get rid of the rest of my HSD rolls in favor of pure CC and CHD.

Talents are the biggest thing I can't decide on. Right now I've dropped Obliterate for Perfect Glass Cannon (I have a really good Sacrifice chest, and nothing good at all that could take plain Glass Cannon). If I'm going to use that, I feel like Vigilance is the obvious choice for the backpack...? I considered Focus but I REALLY hate the CQBSS 8x scope because of the reticule, and the 12x one is just too much zoom. IMO that's a talent for a Nemesis build, or something that uses a rifle with a half-shield.

Skills are weird too. I was using revive hive but I died twice last night to Heroic mobs and both times my hive did absolutely nothing. I don't remember hearing about it being disabled anywhere outside PVP? I'm leaning towards using Banshee pulse since I'm sticking with Gunner spec, and dropping my heal drone (way too slow, was really only there to keep Companion active) for chem launcher - repair.

I guess I need a new LMG too. As a backup weapon, Bullet King would be the best option, but fuck that farm. If I can't even get the "easy" Go Bag, no way I'm trying something that's actually hard to get. My Good Times is a godroll, but unfortunately Perfect Fast Hands is kind of dumb since you're still animation locked for at least 1.6? seconds on a LMG reload. It's looking like a MG5 with regular Fast Hands would be ideal since it's better dps than a M60 and is vastly easier to control than a Negev, but I've never seen one and crafting is fucking aids right now with the vast majority of rolls being near-minimal. I tried crafting 10 of them last night and none had Fast Hands, only two had all 3 rolls above the 50% mark, five had all three below 50%, and one was whatever you call the exact opposite of a godroll. That was my cue to stop trying.

mkopec mkopec or anyone else playing around with rifles have any thoughts? Keep in mind I don't do anything but solo.

Also, rofl at Massive's incompetence once again... they reset most people's season track progress back to zero. I'm not sure if I'm mad or not. I was over 50 so I pretty much had everything good already, and if they can't fix it I guess this means I get a second shot at an actual godroll on the Coyote mask. If I keep playing I'll hit 100 easily stll, just because of how absurd it is to max out Gunner and Firewall specs. Though I guess today's patch did something to that--is it back to 3 pts per level now?

Leadsalad Leadsalad there's a decent-ish Fox's Prayer at the L40 clan vendor now.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Lag is really bad today for some reason. also revive hive can be killed, this is probably what happened.

Vorph

also revive hive can be killed, this is probably what happened.
Yeah, but you see the hive drops and it starts to revive you. This was just boom, dead, press A to respawn instantly. I had to go into my skills to make sure I didn't have stinger hive equipped by accident, but it wasn't. It also worked fine the couple times I got flanked while doing CP3s and Hard bounties to finish the manhunt too.

Vorph

What did they do, syncronize the 31-39 vendor with the 40 vendor?

I don't like how much stronger the M1A is over all of the other rifles. All because it has a 10 round magazine instead of 20.
No, today was the vendor reset. Far as I can tell that's the only thing worth buying anywhere. Maybe one of the set pieces is ok too, but meh to sets in general. Still some hope that Cassie doesn't have trash two weeks in a row I guess.

I used to love the M1A in Div 1, and it's been dogshit for ages both in Div 1 and since the beginning of Div 2. I'm ok with it being OP for a while again. Mk17 isn't really that far off anyway, dps is similar but it lacks the one-shot potential.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Been running crit rifle build for a while now, first with a 3 piece negotiator build and then switched to the named pieces (really missed my deadeye build in d1).
Classic m1a(rifleman), Carnage(negev)
Coyote's Mask, Providence back (composure for solo, vigilance is better for group or using something to take focus off you like decoy).
The Sacrifice(providence) chest (perfect glass cannon), Contractor's(petrov) Gloves.
Grupo Sombra holster but whatever you like really, Fox's prayer's kneepads.
Revive hive, second skil whatever you want.
M1A damage makes up for the smaller mag and no muzzle mod.

You can use mmr instead and like switch the holster for airaldi, and use the white death which has one less stat but 26% more headshot damage than the max for other mmr's.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Anyone have issues stuck loading on a character? My main character constantly gets stuck loading and I can no longer play it. The other character I have can load in just fine.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Anyone have issues stuck loading on a character? My main character constantly gets stuck loading and I can no longer play it. The other character I have can load in just fine.

I dont have this issue...but my load times are brutal on PS4. It will get stuck at 9% and after 2 or 3 minutes it just loads.

Vorph

That was by far the best part of the PC switch. Load times are like 10x faster, even 15 seconds is extremely rare.