The Division 2

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Went all red with a IGIW-NGEV, Baker's Dozen, and Coyote Mask. I'm sitting at 60% crit chance, 100%+ crit damage etc. Just doing an absolutely shit ton more damage than I was going with green set. I die almost instantly, but who really doesn't unless you're tank or badass skill build.

edit: Foxes Prayer, The Sacrifice (Perfect Glass Cannon) etc as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Not much better than the m1a rifle build these days, most bang for the buck without having to stick your head out for 10sec burning a spongemob down. Which means it'll be nerfed to the ground instead of other things brought up to it's level, and they've stated that the rifle no scope with crusader shield and focus talent combination is not intended so that will be fixed. Contractor gloves, foxes prayer, hollow man mask will all probably be nerfed as well.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Playing during the pandemic takes on a whole new meaning. So many missions and conversations during the game are relevant to what’s happening.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Not much better than the m1a rifle build these days, most bang for the buck without having to stick your head out for 10sec burning a spongemob down. Which means it'll be nerfed to the ground instead of other things brought up to it's level, and they've stated that the rifle no scope with crusader shield and focus talent combination is not intended so that will be fixed. Contractor gloves, foxes prayer, hollow man mask will all probably be nerfed as well.
So, back to glass cannon when that nerf happens and hiding behind cover holding my replace armor key because 1 stray bullet knicked my finger and gg'd me.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking Massive's gay faggot selves making you do time trial for the League Activity on Heroic is fucking wack. I wanna fucking blow up that company, DARPA is a piece of shit map.

• 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fucking Massive's gay faggot selves making you do time trial for the League Activity on Heroic is fucking wack. I wanna fucking blow up that company, DARPA is a piece of shit map.
That boss fight is on par with the "boss" trash fight at the end of Roosevelt. I gave up on that as well.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That boss fight is on par with the "boss" trash fight at the end of Roosevelt. I gave up on that as well.

Such a kick to the dick. My group was far from great, but yeah. Luckily I miraculously pugged a 10 on Jefferson on my first go, so that's at least something. I'm sure the exotic crate will be shit, but whatever.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm I've read the last couple of pages and can't tell at all if you guys think this expansion is any fun or not. New York yeah?

Hosix

All labs matter!
07CF7F0C-1E84-43C5-ADE3-55C5D5CC9E8E.jpeg

Hopefully this toned down these death machines.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm I've read the last couple of pages and can't tell at all if you guys think this expansion is any fun or not. New York yeah?

For as annoying as this game can be, I have gotten more than enough worth out of the expansion.

That toning down of the war hound things is gonna be nice. Those things just blitz right in, just awful to deal with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WoNY (well, mostly just TU8) revitalized DC and made it fun again for a while, until Massive went full retard like they always do. The actual NYC part of the expansion was nothing like the NYC of Div 1 and instantly forgettable. I left the moment I completed the expansion "story" and never went back except to loot a few faction crates while desperately trying to get a Go Bag. The seasonal shit is garbage and balance at heroic (and above, from what I've heard) is terrible. Yes, it's obviously doable, but the pool of viable builds has never been smaller. The only smart decision I've seen from Massive lately was that they realized that exotics that can roll like shit and then never be recalibrated/upgraded was a stupid fucking idea. It doesn't sound like the fix will be just going back to the pre-TU8 exotics that always rolled max though, so I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up further.

I got my ~$16 worth out of it for a month's re-sub to Uplay+ but cancelled before they billed me for another one and I definitely wouldn't pay full price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Leveling in NY was fun, story was decent but the last boss fights were kind of a drag. Didn't feel like continuing the grind after that.

So they got my money again, but 0 engagement afterward. Mission accomplished?

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Might just be me, but I don't think the season stuff are even worth doing anymore, the biggest reward is for year one exotics but they ain't the bis, and how many badges and trophies do we need for 2 slots?, rest is mats for garbage crafting or recal. Imagine releasing an expansion that you run for a week in ny and then get dumped right back in the year old content to run season for months with mostly old exotics as the main reward. Those exotics were actually more valuable before because of their talents not their stats, now that's reversed because of the talent revamp they're useless unless god rolled. People have been complaining about derpa final fight for weeks now and then they put it as the heroic mission for the league, it's hilarious.

So many bugs introduced with the tu8/wony, how many talents and sets and skills were broken at one point or another and some still broken, how many dps exploits they've had to patch up, how many bugs that they had 4 years ago in td1 pop right back up in the expansion because the engine is buggy. Expansion isn't worth full price.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much agree with what's said above - Expansion probably wasn't worth it, when really thinking about it. No idea when the last time was I went back to the NYC map. I like the formula of the game, but wonder how much better it could be. Then again this is my first looter-shooter, so I'm curious if Destiny 2 is quite a bit better? Or if Div 1 was way better?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Div 1 had its ups and downs as well. Started with a good leveling experience and then got rough with no discernible endgame and ton of the same "1 step forward, 2 steps back" nonsense with bugs and devs that don't know the idea of fun. Got things tuned in finally with loot and item balance, and then fucked it up again. Eventually they landed on something decent about 2 years in after hemorrhaging a ton of the player base.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed Destiny 2 and the first expansion. I quit as I didn't really enjoy the end game content, I really don't like the pvp in there either. I didn't pick up the latest expansion(a lot of negative ratings on steam) and hearing from reddit div2 forums of many who think d2 seasons is currently in a sorry state like td2.

TD1 was left in a good state before the move to TD2, plus it has extra game modes that make it interesting, survival, underground random missions, resistance waves, monthly event for set gear (you would have gotten a taste of it with the polarity event, cept the td1 were mostly better than that). But the setup of the world in td2 from 1-30 wt1-wt5 was way better than td1. These devs just seem to have the problem of implementing proper gear without a crazy amount of rng, and rewarding appropriate to difficulty because again crazy amount of rng in TD2, also only interested in churning out more missions and raids for content instead of the extra modes like td1.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Got in a really solid pug group last night - We achieved stage 10 on Grand Hotel & District Union Arena. So we decided to do heroic DARPA... God that was just painful. We ended up achieving a stage 2 on it. We probably could've done a 6 or 7 but we wiped to the final boss twice.

Then someone told me that there is two weeks for each League event, and that you get 60 "stages" per week, and 120 total to get the season rewards. I thought you had 60 stages total and it wasn't additive the 2nd week. I just laughed and went to bed. I'll never put myself through another heroic time trial lol. Much easier to just stage 9 or 10 the "Challenging" difficulty ones.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm nope it doesn't really sound like you folks are having fun, except for you completionist types. Enjoy!

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Hmm nope it doesn't really sound like you folks are having fun, except for you completionist types. Enjoy!

Yeah I didn't even make it to the expansion. I felt like I was losing power the further I got (being almost one shotted, enemies taking way too many bullets). I'm all for some challenges and enemies getting harder, but it was just tedious. I can't speak for the newest content though.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Exotic slot machine rerolls and upgrade from 30 to 40 coming... too bad I already deleted most of my 30 exotics cause they couldn't be bothered to say the upgrade would come a month after expansion.... oh well..

• 1Like