The Division 2

Nija

<Silver Donator>
mkopec mkopec I'm going to do the same. In Div 1 I went fast and didn't do everything in each area. When I went to do the search and destroy missions over the past 6 weeks, I found that I didn't have access to a single one because I didn't complete any single zone entirely. There are a lot of side missions that are cool that I completely skipped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, when I played Div 1 I cleared out 100% of everything in each zone before moving to the next. Definitely going to do the same in Div 2. I am concerned about one thing though: it was a huge mistake in Div 1 to pick up any cell phones or other collectibles prior to hitting level 30 because of the huge amount of xp they gave towards caches (and there were weekend events where caches were doubled). I don't really want to have to make a second (/third/fourth) character again just to get lots of caches the most efficient way.

I'm kind of surprised they went with Destiny's dumb idea of 1 exotic weapon and 1 exotic armor. Div 1's exotics were nothing special aside from Ninjabike (before Classified sets anyway) and The House (for D3, never really understood why people went so nuts over it otherwise, and I had a perfectly rolled one) though, so maybe it won't really matter much.

With the introduction of brands I was kind of hoping they'd go with 4pc-bonus gearsets that included a weapon. So that way you could use 1 brand set and the other 3 slots + gun for the gearset bonus. Instead it sounds like classified all over again and brands will be ignored unless it's a set like Tactician in Div 1 where the 4/5/6 pc bonuses are much worse than what you can get from non-set pieces.

Specialization perk list someone put together on reddit:
9NcQVLq.jpg

It'd be a difficult choice, since there's definitely things that sound great and shitty about each one, except that it's such a pain in the ass to get ammo for anything but the sniper rifle (x10 when you're solo) that I can't see myself picking anything else. I also agree with the reddit thread that giving 15% dmg bonuses effectively locks you into using specific weapons with each spec and that's not good design. At least with sharpshooter I can carry a MMR and not feel like I'm fucking up by using a LMG in the other slot though, I suppose. Not like you'd ever want 2 MMRs on you and even if it does apply to rifles too, rifles were fairly crappy and not at all suited to dealing with an enemy that is suddenly in your face.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Division 1 gold edition is $9 on ubisoft right now, not sure I have the time to do anything with it though with DMC releasing in 2 days. Probably also no way to get through it before Div 2 drops? Worth?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Division 1 gold edition is $9 on ubisoft right now, not sure I have the time to do anything with it though with DMC releasing in 2 days. Probably also no way to get through it before Div 2 drops? Worth?

No skip it. Play Div 2. Div 1 is dead.

Vorph

It's a great deal, but I can't see how you'd get through it before D2 release (even the Friday one) if you're playing DMC too.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
It'd be a difficult choice, since there's definitely things that sound great and shitty about each one, except that it's such a pain in the ass to get ammo for anything but the sniper rifle (x10 when you're solo) that I can't see myself picking anything else. I also agree with the reddit thread that giving 15% dmg bonuses effectively locks you into using specific weapons with each spec and that's not good design. At least with sharpshooter I can carry a MMR and not feel like I'm fucking up by using a LMG in the other slot though, I suppose. Not like you'd ever want 2 MMRs on you and even if it does apply to rifles too, rifles were fairly crappy and not at all suited to dealing with an enemy that is suddenly in your face.

I think sniper is the best choice looking at that list. Keep in mind they are adding two other classes in year 1. 25% headshot damage + 15% marksman rifle AND 30% increase to stability and reload speed? No brainer....

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's way too close to Div 2 release to be starting Div 1, unless you happen to have a lot of free time and just want to know more about the lore and how the US got caught off guard and needed The Division in the first place. You can probably find a summary of the plot somewhere, I actually like the story line, especially the parts about the rogue Division agents (don't want to give away too much more than that).

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Can you switch specializations or is your character locked into one once you choose?

Survivalist looks good to me for soloing, which I used to love doing in the Nomad set. Sharpshooter would be decent also because if it's anything like Div 1 you can cheese a lot of content from range. Demo and sharpshooter for group end-game content.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can you switch specializations or is your character locked into one once you choose?

Survivalist looks good to me for soloing, which I used to love doing in the Nomad set. Sharpshooter would be decent also because if it's anything like Div 1 you can cheese a lot of content from range. Demo and sharpshooter for group end-game content.
You can change abilities at the main base at any time. You're not fixed into any one build and you can change gear anywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Is it one pool of points that gets refunded when you swap or will you have to grind to fill out the others (plus the 3 dlc ones)?

I also wonder if it's possible to ignore a shitty perk, like the sharpshooter one that cuts the armor kit in half in exchange for removing status too. Do not want.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Perks you will eventually unlock all of them. Once unlocked, you can't remove or refund your points. I wouldn't worry too much about these other than the initial unlocks of carry extra weapon, and both skill slots that you get right at the beginning.

Skills and weapons/gear can be changed at base or out of combat respectively.

Specializations can also be changed, but points earned in one cannot be transferred to another. You can max out skills in each Specialization. Specialization Traits only apply when you're utilizing the special weapon with its unique special ammo.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

• Flashbang Grenade
    The flashbang grenade blinds enemies.
ya, thanks. Thats what they do. This is getting dumber every time they release more stuff.

Explosive kills drop Signature Weapon ammo, except when caused by the Grenade Launcher. - uhh huh.

These faggot retards from Sweden are going to ruin an all ready not great game with pointless bullshit.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
  • Flashbang Grenade
    The flashbang grenade blinds enemies.
ya, thanks. Thats what they do. This is getting dumber every time they release more stuff.

Explosive kills drop Signature Weapon ammo, except when caused by the Grenade Launcher. - uhh huh.

These faggot retards from Sweden are going to ruin an all ready not great game with pointless bullshit.
Blinding a player in the DZ would be incredibly useful. Really not sure what you're bitching about?

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Getting ammo for the crossbow seems like a pain in the ass with how slow grenades were to get out and use.

I was swimming in sniper ammo while not knowing how to get it.

I ran out of xbow ammo and never could figure out how to get more.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I was interested in the xbow, but yeah, status effects to get ammo? No thanks. I never bothered with that shit in Div 1 and never felt I was missing anything. Plus, the benefits of Sharpshooter, IMO are just way way better.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Checked and reddit and enthusiasm is riding high. Couple things I want to caution against after I've had a chance to think about them some and because this is Massive we're here:

The "end-game" content progressing through strongholds... is it the same requirements to go up on each world tier? If that's the case and you are just doing the same thing, it's just sort of busywork to repeat the same missions and strongholds to get better gear to go up to get up to harder enemies. What most people will do like they did in Div 1 is collect as much high gear score equipment as they could to barrel up the highest world tier and then once you were at that cap, you actually settled in and started farming. This sounds the same, only the strongholds act as gates to the next level of content. So maybe they are a gear / skill check but you might just be able to get carried through it all.

The sets, vendor sets, mod bonuses, etc. I think there's a good system in there in spite of some of the things like the negative mod bonuses. You can probably set up build that straight up don't care about certain stats and break the system that way. But it reminded me that you could do the work, get all the pieces needed for that killer build, and then have it nerfed to shit in the next patch because it was too good. The constant meta changes were a little annoying.

I like what they are saying, just taking everything with a grain of salt. I may move up my purchase somewhat, depending on how hype-resistant I can remain. And I also actually re-downloaded Div 1 tonight to check on my progress towards any other Shields to see if I can get any extra sweet cosmetics from them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The "end-game" content progressing through strongholds... is it the same requirements to go up on each world tier? If that's the case and you are just doing the same thing, it's just sort of busywork to repeat the same missions and strongholds to get better gear to go up to get up to harder enemies.

Meh, just like every other shooter/loot game. You reach a point that you end up repeating shit to min max and make yourself the best you can be. Even in mmorpgs you end up doing this in raids and high end content, rinse and repeat until the next content drop hits.

The open beta sold me. Im sure if the rest of the game is like what I saw and plus more they just talked about today? Well shit, thats just bonus. Even if you come into this game as a pure single player experience, there is probably a good 50-60 hours worth of shit to go through. Without touching the endy game shit or PvP, which im sure will be an end game in of itself.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
True I suppose. Didn't think they would stick to a similar system with all those 4 world tiers up front. They used world tiers more as gear resets in the first one if memory serves.

I should also note that it looks like bounties, commendation score, and (I assume) dailies are in from the start, all of which were added in later in D1 to flesh out the game.