The Division 2

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is not entirely true. Sure everyone gets DLC, but the premium versions also come with 8 extra premium missions to start and also the specialization at lv 30 is unlocked right away, if you dont have premium they are locked behind having to do some shit to unlock them. And also not to mention early access to the DLC. Worth the extra $30? Maybe not, but to me from playing he beta I had no problem gving this company an extra $30.

Can you explain specializations and how you get them unlocked early? Also how big of a pita it is to get them with normal mode?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah the resource nodes show up on the main map. They are little dots and if you mouse (controller) over them, it will tell you what the resource is. These are all over the map, like I said, little dots, kind of hard to see at first.

I myself got to lv 17 and yeah, good game so far. Only bug I ran into was one world event last night could not finish because one mob would never come out of the building to finish it, He was still shit talking me, but would never come out. Other than that its been really smooth.

My kid still has the 100% CPU thing though which is a shame.

On the dying thing, I seem to rarely die so far. Only way I die is if I get too impatient and run in like rambo and then get swarmed by those bitches that come at you with the nightstick. Or this one mission last night when they were lobbing mortars at me. (Huge blast radius) Didnt really know WTF was happening because I was getting fucked even behind cover. But once I realized WTF was going on, all it took was to prioritize killing the faggots that were running towards the mortar first to keep it clear.

Favorite weapon is the police M4, definitely a god tier leveling weapon. Can craft that shit after opening up the recipe, pretty cheap too so you can pretty much keep it same level as you, slap on an extended mag and the thing becomes like an M60 but a lazer to boot with 60 rounds. M60 is my 2nd favorite because its a bullet hose (Can also craft). But I do like the DMR style for my secondary. They seem to chunk the enemies health really nicely.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pro-tip for the projects: always keep at least 3 of each armor piece in your stash instead of dismantling everything right away. That has allowed me to complete every project within minutes of it being available.

If you fail a bounty, open your map and there's a bounties tab (R1 once or twice on PS4) where you can restart it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Can you explain specializations and how you get them unlocked early? Also how big of a pita it is to get them with normal mode?

Not really sure what they are locked behind for the regular versions of the game, but for premium I guess there is a dude in whitehouse you go to see to specialize and pick perks.

also Im hearing that mosr people are just choosing the sniper specialization because of the passives it gives you.

• One In The Head
    +25% headshot damage
  • Deft Hands
    +30% increased reload speed
  • Breath Control
    30% weapon stability and reduced recoil
  • My Home Is My Castle
    Increased armor while in cover
  • Vital Protection
    Reduce the chance you are critically hit in conflict by 20%
  • Sharpshooter Tactical Link
    Group members gain +10% headshot damage when they are closer to the target than you
The others dont compare, ti seems.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I think you get the first one upon reaching level 30 or soon thereafter - some dude contacts you about it, one of the devs said something like that during one of the streams. Not sure on the remaining two specs. Here's some decent starter tips:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was worried that by losing the winter season we'd suffer a boring environment, but those thunderstorms are no joke!

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Did the American History museum mission last night. I want to just wander around that place without having to deal with enemies and gawk.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did the American History museum mission last night. I want to just wander around that place without having to deal with enemies and gawk.
Did you figure out what the key at the beginning is for? I searched everywhere and it never seemed like it was used for anything.

spronk

FPS noob
Its really fun. its not innovative or anything at all, there is nothing here you haven't seen elsewhere, but its all well polished. Its also long as fuck, i think an easy 30 hours if you just mainline the campaign and probably 50+ if you try to do everything. Everything is matchmake-ble too, I did a few of the story missions in matchmake mode and it auto found people and grouped us up although teleporting to the mission wasn't working 80% of the time for me, I had to run my ass over.

I'm playing on xbox one and no problems at all, I did try some goofy shit like unequipping everything (died instantly to mobs lol), using level 1 weapons (no bueno), stuff does rush and flank you but a few times I found decent spots to sniper from but you will run into guys who throw bombs at you so its not like D1 where you can find a safe spot and plink away. Bosses are bullet sponges but what ya gonna do. Loot rains down like pee from R Kelly, you can equip it anytime and its pretty easy selling/dismantling stuff.

Totally enjoyable solo or in groups, definitely worth a spin for anyone who likes these kind of TPS looter/shooter games. I am enjoying the setting too, the only thing that bugs me is how the power is still on everywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
FINE! I bought it! Damn you guys.
As did I (on PC). Finally used the gamestop gift card my sister-in-law gave me at Christmas. This is usually a pretty hard-to-please crowd, so all the positive feedback inspired me to pull the trigger. I put quite a few hours into the first game on PS4, so I figured I'd give PC a try this time around. I don't think I've registered on uplay on PC before, so I'll have to see what my login name is when I get home and start the download tonight.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
OOOOh, its nice and crispy on the PC. I was getting solid 130FPS on my 1080p screen with a 1070, but I turned it down to cap it at 75. Because loading screens the frames would spike to 200+ and I was afraid of heat.

But there is the 100% cpu thing which my kid is getting on his i5 6600 with a 1070 as well, so I hope you dont get that bug.

I read that div 1 had the same bug and people were setting their affinity to only use 3 out of the 4 cores, but win 10 would not let me do this, I tried everything, even safe mode. I hope they fix this thing because his system is not that old.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Did you figure out what the key at the beginning is for? I searched everywhere and it never seemed like it was used for anything.
I matchmaked for the mission. We just ran through it so I don’t remember any key. :/

Reht

Molten Core Raider
There is a chain gate that you can't open in the mission without it, it was just a small fenced area with some random loot.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
All PS4 bros, I was messing around with the clan stuff and started the Fires of Heaven clan. If you want an invite let me know, my PSN: Vatic85. Also, if you search in game you should be able to find it. We need atleast 4 people in clan before we can start leveling the clan up.

Is that the one with the vietnam section? I just want to stop and look at everything lol

I never found anything, unless it was the one chest just beyond the key in the dead end?

Bumped: Added my info

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So is there a PC board clan, either created or adopted? Probably me and 3-5 friends by the end of the week. Doesn't seem like enough given the weekly progression targets to just make our own.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Is that the one with the vietnam section? I just want to stop and look at everything lol
[/MEDIA]
Yup.

That flag at the beginning behind the glass gave me Bioshock Infinite flashbacks.

The steam locomotive was gorgeous.

The Vietnam section was some fun map making.