The Division 2

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The reinforcement chem launcher is no joke. Picked it up when I unlocked the chem launcher and tossed the drone into the garbage.

The drone is nice, but unless you are taking a steady stream of low damage it overheals by an order of magnitude and then had a stupid long cooldown. I forsee a team 'support' build using the chem launcher and then maybe the drone only for keeping a tank up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure about the drone but chem launcher heals the tank's shield too when he's using it.

Vorph

Don't sell any gear mods. Even the greens deconstruct into printer filaments.

Unrelated, but does anyone else feel like the perks for detecting enemies and loot after turning in shit to control points need to last like 2-3 hours instead of the 10 minutes or whatever it is now? I can't even complete a side mission before losing the buff...

Flame turret sucks
Every skill that requires you to aim it once activated sucks. Guns do way too much damage to stop shooting and waste time with that shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game is fucking great. It's exceeded my expectations 1000% - it's not perfect, several of the skills are downright terrible, but the stuff that isn't great can EASILY be fixed/patched. I love going down the tunnels, grabbing loot and keys and then finding the lockboxes. I love getting a cool piece of aesthetic gear every hour (or so it seems, got the cowboy hat now I look like walker texas ranger). The systems and game design are top notch and it's almost impossible for me to believe that this game and Anthem were released in the same year.

The History Museum mission was really great, the Vietnam portion especially. Had me feeling like Rambo.

I'm running the self revive and cluster mines and they seem to do work solo. Flame turret sucks balls, as does the stinger deal but the cluster mines and the regular turret are both good offensive options I think

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
As a huge Div 1 fan, my only complaints are that offensive skills are pretty much garbage compared to cluster mines and the BFB, even if there wasn't a bug at the moment, and I still hate the +/- design of weapon mods. Everything else about the game has far exceeded my expectations.

I will say though, as a solo player, I'm pretty concerned about the endgame. Div 2 is a much harder game overall, and due to the lack of good offensive skills I feel like I'm going to hit a wall at some point. Unlike in Div 1 where you could solo everything as long as you had 4pc Tactician and 6pc Classified Striker builds to play with (and a bit of knowledge on how to cheese stuff in legendary missions). Even if soloing heroic missions is possible I think it's going to be so slow as to not be worth it. I'm having too much fun with the game how to worry about all that until I actually run into the wall though.

Never played Div 1 but I shared the same concerns. Breaking into a new world level is tough, but once you gear up a bit, it seems like gear overcomes everything so far. I got like 300 gear score in world level1 and now doing ok in world level 2. But then again this is not world level 4 either, lol. Ive been doing everything solo except for the strongholds, and it seems like most groups I get into no one does any talking anyways, we just fly through the shit.

Vorph

I found the pink beret and pink gun skin, so I guess if I get pink armor dye too I will have won the game. /s

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I want a pink beret. I only have burgundy.

I have picked up a crazy amount of weapon skins though. Blue, purple, red, black, pink and like 6 of the various camo style ones.

I am halfway through 27 and still haven't done 2 entire zones nor any strongholds. I definitely don't think you need to do any weird rotation if you're playing without jumping directly at story and spending some times finish projects etc.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Where should I buy for PC?
You can save a few bucks buying from G2A.com

My only complaint right now is the range of the seeker mine. With how smart the AI is, AOE abilities affecting more than one target is rare. That I got a 4 kill blowing up a barrel once seemed like the stars aligned. You have to be too damn close, which causes enemies to scatter before the mine goes off. An extra 5 yards would really sell the ability for me. Which you could say about most of the other abilities - either not strong enough, range sucks, or if they're useful the cool down is obscenely long. It's like 4 fuckin minutes for shield to recharge. I imagine an ability focused build would become viable at end game where you have multiple pieces with 20 CDR. So far, nyeh...

Too many positives, however. The shield is actually useful this time around, and running shield plus bullet reflecting drone you can have some solid tank immunity. I've been playing the complete opposite as I did in Div1, where I was a support sniper, now I'm a tank with shotgun and another medium range weapon (lmg, assault rifle). We'll see if that carries to level 30, but it's worked well up to level 14 with a group so far.

Can also say this game is terrible solo, but the matchmaking, normalization, call for help, and fairly decent voip system (for fucking once) means additional players are always available to join to assist, even at 4 in the morning. It's also been amazing how helpful players are. They'll join you and just follow you to do whatever it is you want to do...

That said, there's so much shit to do. They learned a lot from Div 1. There's always something to do, and the variety is quite nice.

Compared to Anthem...
-Story that makes sense and feels complete
-Bases grow and change as you progress
-Gear with stats that makes sense
-Gear that drops reliably
-Massive abundance of missions and objectives
-A GODDAMN CHARACTER STAT SHEET
-Useful fast travel
-Very little if any load times
-Depth to items, crafting, projects, etc
-Difficulty, smart, complicated AI
-Efficiency of grouping
-Item mods
-Mods on mods on mods
-Variety of enemies, man fuck RPG assholes and explosive RC monster trucks
-Encounter variety
-Diversity of environments (open, hallways, vertical)

It's disgusting how complete this game feels minus the early bugginess which I pretty much expected, but this time around they're being ever vigilant in their fixes unlike Div1 where an exploit could be used for a month. It's been like two days and they're already fixing most of the issues. Most importantly, the part where I don't have to wait 3 fucking minutes every 45 seconds for a teammate to load into an area and they're not forced to load if they fall behind. And if they do, they can manually fast travel and the load time is less than a minute.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

You don't need to go crazy with the xp planning, i just think it's advantageous to have a slew of side missions left at 30 since they are an easy way to get caches when you're short on gear score.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
The game is just fun and doesn't feel like it's being a dick to you. A character sheet, in 2019? WOW guys Bioware take note. Difficulty but not TOO difficult. You feel like you progress. Also you FEEL operator as fuck, and that's my rule: I want to feel cool.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, game is def 1000% more complete but Anthem still has that power fantasy that this game does not. Dont get me wrong the combat in this game is top notch as are the weapons and all that, but anthem is fucking iron man!

Too bad the game is fucking broken. The first zone in this game has more shit to do than all of anthem.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Are any of these one of you assholes?

friends.png