The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's your DPS on elites like mkopec, with the M4? (test in the shooting range).
With single items having up to 65% (~50% stat roll + 15% from talent) elite dmg is getting to the point where I feel like I ought to be testing my dps on veterans because that's what causes the problems for me when I'm soloing +3's.

-------------------
Finally got a F2000 drop at 450 and man that gun is a laser beam compared to my other ARs (still don't have a CTAR yet). Weird dye bug with it though, whatever color you choose seems to get mixed with some other color and looks nothing like it's supposed to. Hopefully they fix that along with the any-color-as-long-as-it's-red Sig rifles and their invisible magazines.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, doing those challenging missions last night in a pub group, They are a definite other level of elite. Normal ones in open world, like I said, I can burn down with one 60 rd clip, even the big chungus dudes. But those fuckers inside the challenging mission are on an entire other level. 2-3 dudes focusing them and it takes a while to burn them down. Shit even red bars feel like normal elites. There is definitely levels to the elites in this game for sure. It scales drastically based on difficulty level for sure.

Im not really sure what I should be focusing on though. I hear many people say stack crit and crit chance, while others weapon dmg. I do have a few ithems that I saved with high crit rolls 25%+ so I can always try it out, but the thing about crit builds is some of the talents you cannot use anymore because your attack gets over a certain threshold. Like for example the talent that gives you extra dmg based on how low your armor is is capped at 5 attack, anything over that and you cannot use it anymore. Shit like that. So its really hard to min max in this game because there are several issues like the above.

Crone

Have a ton of you on my friends list but it seems everyone is WT4 or level 5. I'm level 29, and just wanna burn through question marks, control points, and other random events for a while. Anyone around this "level" and wanna join me?

As for story I think I have just one left. Just did both strongholds for the story.

I'm BigCrone in uPlay, so hit me up!

Vorph

Yeah, doing those challenging missions last night in a pub group, They are a definite other level of elite. Normal ones in open world, like I said, I can burn down with one 60 rd clip, even the big chungus dudes. But those fuckers inside the challenging mission are on an entire other level. 2-3 dudes focusing them and it takes a while to burn them down. Shit even red bars feel like normal elites. There is definitely levels to the elites in this game for sure. It scales drastically based on difficulty level for sure.
There's definitely levels to the mobs, you can see that just by turning a control point up to +3. I think full-group scaling has an even larger effect though.

Im not really sure what I should be focusing on though. I hear many people say stack crit and crit chance, while others weapon dmg. I do have a few ithems that I saved with high crit rolls 25%+ so I can always try it out, but the thing about crit builds is some of the talents you cannot use anymore because your attack gets over a certain threshold. Like for example the talent that gives you extra dmg based on how low your armor is is capped at 5 attack, anything over that and you cannot use it anymore. Shit like that. So its really hard to min max in this game because there are several issues like the above.
I thought the only req on Berserk was AR/SMG/Shotgun?

I stack blue stats to 7+ and use Unstoppable Force + Patience. Everything else is just kind of "whatever" trying to use only relevant brand sets while not screwing up my balance of red/blue/yellow. Unless they come out and say WT5 is months away I don't see the point in agonizing over gear or (especially) recalibration.

Edit: Oh, you mean the gun talent that increases crit damage as armor is depleted. Right now I'm at 5R, 7B, 4Y so I can activate Strained (<=5R), Bread Basket (>=5R), Ranger (<=4Y), plus my armor talents that need >=7B. The biggest annoyance I find about trying to balance the colors is that adding mods adds +1 based on its type (offense/defense/utility) rather than the actual stats on the mod. So the total amount of stats you end up with is fixed and you can't do stuff like stick a mod with yellow stats in a blue socket and get +1Y instead of +1B.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There's definitely levels to the mobs, you can see that just by turning a control point up to +3. I think full-group scaling has an even larger effect though.

I thought the only req on Berserk was AR/SMG/Shotgun?

I stack blue stats to 7+ and use Unstoppable Force + Patience. Everything else is just kind of "whatever" trying to use only relevant brand sets while not screwing up my balance of red/blue/yellow. Unless they come out and say WT5 is months away I don't see the point in agonizing over gear or (especially) recalibration.

Edit: Oh, you mean the gun talent that increases crit damage as armor is depleted. Right now I'm at 5R, 7B, 4Y so I can activate Strained (<=5R), Bread Basket (>=5R), Ranger (<=4Y), plus my armor talents that need >=7B. The biggest annoyance I find about trying to balance the colors is that adding mods adds +1 based on its type (offense/defense/utility) rather than the actual stats on the mod. So the total amount of stats you end up with is fixed and you can't do stuff like stick a mod with yellow stats in a blue socket and get +1Y instead of +1B.

This is exactly where I stand, 5R, 7B, 4Y. And thats the bitch of it all, trying to balance those as well as stack dmg and crit and shit. I have another +AR dmg gloves I found that I cannot equip because it pushes the 5R into 6R, but then what is better? The berserk talent? Or 10% more flat AR dmg?

Also what is better? Stacking crit? and Crit chance? or flat AR or LMG or SMG dmg? To me both are important, but trying to balance all that vs the R<B<Y bullshit plus the perks on gear and guns is a pain in the ass.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also from their stream some stats about the first 2 weeks...

**Stats with Yannick**

- Headshots: 5.5 billion
- Bullets fired: 123 billion
- XP gains: 4.2 trillion
- NPCs killed: 3.9 billion
- Birds shot: 1.3 million "only"

**Twitch Stream:** <>

Vorph

Crit is still capped at 60% in Div 2. I see people talking about SMG builds for PVP with capped crit, tons of crit dmg, and on-crit effects but that's about it. Not something I'm going to focus on for my MMR/rifle/AR playstyle, I'd rather have raw/headshot damage. I still need to find a top-tier rifle at 450, game keeps giving me nothing but M700 Carbons and SRS A1s and when I do finally get a rifle it's always trash like the M1A or M16A2, so I'm stuck using MMRs again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Mk17 is my choice rifle. Im actually liking the 8x scope on that. The recticle is kind of ass (big red circle) but I find that when you line up a head inside circle, its 99% head shot. Another good one is the SIG 716. Ive also ran with the Classic M1A for a bit and although its higher dmg, I really dont like the clip size and there seems to be something wonky with it, it almost feels like lag when you pull the trigger sometimes. Its weird.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Hit level 30 last night, was taking my time finishing up all the side quests, bounties etc before doing the final Capitol mission (epic btw).

While I was finishing up the side quests I came upon this additional side quest out of the blue, which was really interesting. I hope it leads to more. Info in spoiler.

So I came upon this manhole, I think it was in Foggy Bottom, might have been West End. Down below was a woman who gave me a new side quest to enter this old building. When I did, it was like an old abandoned vault, which turned out to be an old OSS headquarter during WWII, which then eventually turned into the beginnings of the CIA. You then find an old map of DC from 1945, and ISAC tells you there are "discrepancies" with the current layout of DC, which leads you to another side quest. As a reward, you get an outfit that makes you look like a WWII vet, maybe like an intelligence officer. Was cool. I took a picture of myself in the uniform, but it's on the PS4, I'll need to figure out how to transfer it to my PC to post here, I've never taken photos or videos during a game before.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm doing all my hunter masks and one of them spawns so dramatically I legit jumped in my chair.

I'm 50+ hours in and still loving every bit of this game. This is likely my GOTY for sure.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I wouldnt put way too much work into spec builds like crit or anything like that quite yet. The game is about a week old and this can and will all change in the next month. If anyone forgot... half the stats didnt work or did the reverse effect on the player with the Div1 launch.

This is by far 1 of the best game launches ive played in like ten years though, they deserve that credit. They had the time to work on it for the past 2 years and it shows. Only a few places have messed up or missing things and thats about the only thing i can really pick at.

If anyone is on the fence, just go buy it. Its worth 60 bucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
in the Div1, you could ADS with sniper rifles without having to use the full zoom of the scope. is this possible in Div2? I'm probably messing myself up because I'm on PC instead of PS4 like the first game, but I'd love to be able to use a real sniper rifle without the delay of fully zooming in. I also must admit I do like to see the crosshairs turn red when the enemy is sited, and that doesn't happen when looking down a scope. hope this question makes sense?

Vorph

I can't decide if I want to craft my Liberty now or wait for WT5. One the one hand, upgrading it to 500 or rebuilding it at 500 are both pains in the ass (getting exotic mats vs. getting another D50). On the other hand there's this:

WTB optimization station. I don't like the idea that if I get a middling roll on my gun I have to either suck it up or salvage it and then gamble on the next one not rolling even worse. You can't just craft two of them and keep the better one because the parts don't drop off the bosses if you already own the gun.

in the Div1, you could ADS with sniper rifles without having to use the full zoom of the scope. is this possible in Div2? I'm probably messing myself up because I'm on PC instead of PS4 like the first game, but I'd love to be able to use a real sniper rifle without the delay of fully zooming in. I also must admit I do like to see the crosshairs turn red when the enemy is sited, and that doesn't happen when looking down a scope. hope this question makes sense?
No, any scope above 8x (i.e. all the ones with a lot of HSD) will force you to zoom in. The digital scope from Sharpshooter is still great though even with that drawback since you can quick scope with it and it doesn't have the big retarded red circle to aim with like some of the others.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

You 100% need to wait a second or that shot is going anywhere except where you want it. I do it like every 4th shot.

Vorph

You 100% need to wait a second or that shot is going anywhere except where you want it. I do it like every 4th shot.
There's an indicator on the scope that shows when it's ok to shoot, which for normal guns is basically the instant the scope is centered on your screen. I quick scope all the time and never miss because of that.

The annoying one is the TAC-50 sniper. It takes a full 2 seconds to tighten the reticule if you've moved recently, or 1 second if you're sitting still behind cover. If you don't wait the full time you'll never hit anything with it. It's great for killing a bounty target in one shot before they even know you're there, but you get shot to shit waiting for it to tighten in the middle of a big fight.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
There's an indicator on the scope that shows when it's ok to shoot, which for normal guns is basically the instant the scope is centered on your screen. I quick scope all the time and never miss because of that.

The annoying one is the TAC-50 sniper. It takes a full 2 seconds to tighten the reticule if you've moved recently, or 1 second if you're sitting still behind cover. If you don't wait the full time you'll never hit anything with it. It's great for killing a bounty target in one shot before they even know you're there, but you get shot to shit waiting for it to tighten in the middle of a big fight.

Yeah, its just habit from call of duty and things like that. Its super noticeable on the spec sniper rifle, I miss half those first shots because I want to fire too quickly.