The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why I didn't think of this, the attack phase is the only difficult part of +3 control point farming and this cheese seems so obvious after reading that it works:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I just did a T4 control upgraded version that I had to cheese pretty hard, but also got lucky since ton of elites were the suicide bomber kind.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What's your DPS on elites like mkopec, with the M4? (test in the shooting range).

VS elites

VS normals

Not sure if this is good or not, lol. I have nothing to compare it to. Post some of you guys DPS stuff so we can compare.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Hit level 30 last night, was taking my time finishing up all the side quests, bounties etc before doing the final Capitol mission (epic btw).

While I was finishing up the side quests I came upon this additional side quest out of the blue, which was really interesting. I hope it leads to more. Info in spoiler.

So I came upon this manhole, I think it was in Foggy Bottom, might have been West End. Down below was a woman who gave me a new side quest to enter this old building. When I did, it was like an old abandoned vault, which turned out to be an old OSS headquarter during WWII, which then eventually turned into the beginnings of the CIA. You then find an old map of DC from 1945, and ISAC tells you there are "discrepancies" with the current layout of DC, which leads you to another side quest. As a reward, you get an outfit that makes you look like a WWII vet, maybe like an intelligence officer. Was cool. I took a picture of myself in the uniform, but it's on the PS4, I'll need to figure out how to transfer it to my PC to post here, I've never taken photos or videos during a game before.
There was also a weird U shaped house down there that made my UI go all static-y that I’ve been meaning to go find again and figure out what was up with that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I heard today a streamer mention something, not sure if true. Supposedly the %dmg to elites does not count their armor. this is why people spec into crit builds because it goes through armor quicker. Not sure if true though because I can definitely tell the diff when fighting elites now vs when I did not have the %dmg to elites.

I guess div1 had %dmg to armor which is missing from this game.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
all.jpg

Sharpshooter spec, using Police Mk17 rifle and not building any breadbasket stacks or scope which would put me up another 95% increased head shot damage.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 200149

View attachment 200150

Pretty big difference in damage with the amount of +elite damage I have.

So this is with switching out my holster for 10% more AR dmg and 75% dmg to elite. But for some reason it still says I have 28% AR dmg, so is this the cap?

Oh wait never mind, its a set bonus that gives 10%, not each item giving 10% lol but anyways close to a mill now...

The only thing its tough to gauge is the berserker buff is not showing up on the first screens, because obviously I take no dmg in shooting range. So its tough to tell which setup is better.

screen09.png

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I heard today a streamer mention something, not sure if true. Supposedly the %dmg to elites does not count their armor. this is why people spec into crit builds because it goes through armor quicker. Not sure if true though because I can definitely tell the diff when fighting elites now vs when I did not have the %dmg to elites.

+elite does affect armour. tested that a bunch just now.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just ask yourself one thing.

Are the SJW journalists hating this game for some reason? If the answer is yes then the game is worth buying.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just ask yourself one thing.

Are the SJW journalists hating this game for some reason? If the answer is yes then the game is worth buying.

The two that I personally know enjoy the game. Does that mean it sucks? I hope not cause I like it. :(

Crone

Just hit level 30 a few minutes ago. I had a buddy run me through WT4 story missions from like level 18-25, and drop most of the level 30 gear. So I had all this gear waiting for me. Really boosted me up quite a bit. My armor level has all those little squares now!!

And doing all the story missions and stuff that are left over are totally relevant due to the caches you can still get. They thought of fucking everything. Holy shit.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

It exists in at least mod form.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I don't know if this was a holdover from later year Div1, but the whole special talents linked into off/def/util total values equipped is just freaking brilliant. Adds so much extra dimension to building out a gear set / spec.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Had 2 of the mats, so went and got the other 2 and blueprint last night. Ran a bunch of missions where the pistol is rumored to drop, got nothing. Then this morning a D50 dropped out of my Field Cache.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

I don't know if this was a holdover from later year Div1, but the whole special talents linked into off/def/util total values equipped is just freaking brilliant. Adds so much extra dimension to building out a gear set / spec.
Recalibration is way too restrictive though. If you need a particular balance of RBY stats for your build and have them set up perfectly, then any new item either drops exactly as you need it, or you can't use it at all (without replacing other items as well). Like I mentioned yesterday, if there's a utility slot on the item then it doesn't matter what the mod you stick in there has for actual stats; you're getting +1 yellow no matter what. Similarly, if you have an item drop with 2 red stats and 1 blue, but you need 2 blue and 1 red, recalibration will only let you replace a red with a red, not with the blue you need.

---------------------------------

I ended up switching over to just using Bread Basket on my AR and dumping crit almost entirely, instead of trying to keep red exactly at 5 so I could use Strained as well. Bread Basket is great, especially for how I shoot (aim at chest and let the recoil take me into headshot territory). Finally got a Military Mk17 to drop last night so I could just about put the game on pause until WT5 is out, all I still really need to find is a CTAR with good rolls. Going to keep farming +3's until I get the 7.62 extended mag though, before they nerf the cheese method of doing them and it becomes a pain in the ass again.

Had 2 of the mats, so went and got the other 2 and blueprint last night. Ran a bunch of missions where the pistol is rumored to drop, got nothing. Then this morning a D50 dropped out of my Field Cache.
Yeah all those guides about the gun have misinformation. You just need to do the missions--order doesn't matter, normal vs. hard doesn't matter. D50s don't drop anywhere special, they don't only drop in the DZ, they aren't just from faction lockboxes, etc. I got one from a Hyena box just outside the White House and another from a gun case in a control point supply room.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They say anything about the scaling issue when joining friends who are different levels? Its been a total shitshow the few times I've tried both as the higher person as the host and the lower person as host.

Vorph

They say anything about the scaling issue when joining friends who are different levels? Its been a total shitshow the few times I've tried both as the higher person as the host and the lower person as host.
Yes--enemy level/damage scaling fixed in next server patch, gear drop scaling fixed in next client patch.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

It's similar. Div 1 talents relied on minimum values of stats (Firearms, Stamina, Electronics) leading you down the road of builds like "6k STA, minimum electronics, rest in Firearms." Now it looks like there aren't any guaranteed raw stats on gear, so you have more choices to make with color combinations and stat choices within those combinations.