The Division 2

Ladro

Anomaly
WT5 looks pretty good, really like how they have been handling progression. Every week it feels like a new game. Only real gripe i would have is that progressing from WT1 to WT4 didn't take that long and felt more like speedbumps than trials.

Still have a ton of shit to do on the map though...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No those weapon DPS spreadsheets, which have the max rolls and shit like that for WT4 at least. The above does not have that shit.
Yeah it does. Check the "Weapon Damage Ranges" sheet.

Some things are definitely wrong like the disclaimer says though. Like it shows my Vector 9 having the slowest reload of all SMGs at 2.3s and the SMG-9 being a 1.7s, but in game the Vector is actually faster, at 1.9s compared to 2.0s for the SMG-9 A2.

One other thing I've noticed while doing a lot of testing various guns is that weapon handling doesn't actually appear to do anything despite what the Massive dev claimed. I have some guns with 15% weapon handling, and I've equipped armor pieces with some on them too, and accuracy/stability/reload speed do not change at all.

First Blood talent on MMRs is really weird too. On a Model 700 it doesn't do a damn thing, but on my ones that aren't tube-fed it usually stays in effect for the entire mag.

Also ive been deleting all the P416 lol.
I've been keeping all of mine, and even have one with practically maxed damage roll, but still don't have a single one that can do both Strained and Allegro. :( Best I can do on the max damage one is Strained + reload speed + Overlap (does nothing as far as I can tell). Sad times.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe the inbed does nto work then, maybe the column is missing and I cannot see it? Do you have the direct link to that?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok, thanks. something is not right with those ranges, because Im distinctly remembering one of my M60 having 20.2K dmg, a few others I kept had 19.5K while the range on that sheet says they can only roll from 10K-15K.

Also the RPK I kept has 15.3K while they list the range being from 7K-10K

Vorph

Ok, thanks. something is not right with those ranges, because Im distinctly remembering one of my M60 having 20.2K dmg, a few others I kept had 19.5K while the range on that sheet says they can only roll from 10K-15K.

Also the RPK I kept has 15.3K while they list the range being from 7K-10K
You have to remove all your armor with +LMG/weapon damage and reset your spec to see the real base damage. Once I did that for AR/SMG the numbers are right within what the sheet says. Same goes for my LMGs too.

Question for any rifle users: I have a ~90% of max damage Mk17 now too. Talents are currently Optimist (+3% dmg per 10% ammo gone from the mag) and Allegro (RoF). Wat do? I could switch to Breadbasket or Boomerang (have ~50% crit) or I could keep Optimist and get a better passive. I mostly switch it in when stuck in a large open area and the SMG isn't of much use. Like taking/defending CPs, end of some missions like the Bank one, etc.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ugh, so confusing then, lol. So how do you judge if a weapon is top tier or not, you have to respec and take all of your gear off every time a gun drops for you? This sounds dumb and does nto make sense. They should show base dmg numbers in inventory and only if you equip weapon, it should show modified stats/dmg numbers.

Vorph

Easiest way is to go to your stats page and do a little math:

Weapon Damage / (1+ All Weapons Damage Bonus + LMG % Damage Bonus) = base damage

Works out correctly for my Vector -- 8207 / (1 + .25 + .055) = 6288 base, same as looking at it with gear/spec zeroed out.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
WT5 looks pretty good, really like how they have been handling progression. Every week it feels like a new game. Only real gripe i would have is that progressing from WT1 to WT4 didn't take that long and felt more like speedbumps than trials.

Still have a ton of shit to do on the map though...

how often will there be new world tiers/content?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
ooh Pentagon!

I was thinking this game needs more character models and might as well just use Fallout IP.

But then I thought, why not GI JOE?!

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy

Welp that sorta follows what I've done for guns, Custom P416 G3 and Military M60 E4. 416 is around 15k damage is M60 around 22k. Haven't gotten an assault rifle with Allegro yet to toss on there but the M60 has it!

Last edited:

Crone

Jeez, sometimes I feel like I'm just not nerdy enough to play these games like this. Those spreadsheets are insane!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Logged in tonight and have been getting tons a sound stuttering I've never had before, quite annoying.

Vorph

Those patch notes for today are a bit leaner than I hoped for. The gamepad UI bug where L2 was bound to two different things when you're trying to get rid of mods is great to see fixed, but I'm going to be pretty salty if we still can't recalibrate talents on gloves.

spronk

FPS noob
I got all the parts for Chatterbox, just need to get the plans now but I shouldn't build it until WT5 (and I upgrade my bench to WT5) so it has a higher iLevel, right? Won't it be capped at 490 or whatever though since crafted items always seem to be 10 under cap. I don't really get that at all.

Also I had that exotic rifle, merciless I think, drop on my first (and only) hard run of whatever and its at iLevel 415, there is no way right now to upgrade it, right? I guess it doesn't really matter if I equip it at 415 since a few people above say GS doesn't really seem to affect damage that much (still true?). I don't really love that gun though.

It does seem weird that so many of you are min/maxing so hard right now, doesn't the release of WT5 really reset all that? I mean you could just run the new thing in normal mode, probably breeze through it solo with whatever gear, and every single drop will be better than whatever min/max you have now. Since as far as I can see recalibration only lets you take higher GS items and change the talents (infuse with lower GS items), but not take lower gearscore items and upgrade their gearscore.

Crone

I got all the parts for Chatterbox, just need to get the plans now but I shouldn't build it until WT5 (and I upgrade my bench to WT5) so it has a higher iLevel, right? Won't it be capped at 490 or whatever though since crafted items always seem to be 10 under cap. I don't really get that at all.

Also I had that exotic rifle, merciless I think, drop on my first (and only) hard run of whatever and its at iLevel 415, there is no way right now to upgrade it, right? I guess it doesn't really matter if I equip it at 415 since a few people above say GS doesn't really seem to affect damage that much (still true?). I don't really love that gun though.

It does seem weird that so many of you are min/maxing so hard right now, doesn't the release of WT5 really reset all that? I mean you could just run the new thing in normal mode, probably breeze through it solo with whatever gear, and every single drop will be better than whatever min/max you have now. Since as far as I can see recalibration only lets you take higher GS items and change the talents (infuse with lower GS items), but not take lower gearscore items and upgrade their gearscore.
Thats what I asked and the general thought was that a min/maxed gs 450 dude was gonna be way better than a non min/maxed gs 500 dude.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

That's how I'm looking at it as well - I still need the 3rd piece for chatterbox (I've struck out 4 nights in a row...), but no rush as I won't actually complete it until next weekend.