The Division 2

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Found out tonight that Hyena keys will still drop the stuff if someone else opens the box, and uses their key. Got all the parts tonight on first try, and only used 1 key to do it because friends used their keys instead. I'm down with that!

Vorph

Did some testing, got a backpack I'm ok with. The talent doesn't care about your crit % it would appear. It just wants 3 or less offensive (which is f'ing hard to get). I've got 30% crit at the moment with my gear set and it makes no difference in the base white damage when I go to 0%. It's ~21K each time regardless of the crit %.

Weird. The one post I could find on reddit with someone talking exact numbers said it was a ~14% buff as long as he was <20.5% crit. Either way though, it sounds shitty.

Guess I'll stop worrying about it since my current crit setup trivializes challenging and makes heroic doable with a bit of cheesing the AI. I played around with some challenging missions/bounties last night, and it's getting easier to judge when I can ignore my armor being more or less gone and get full use out of Berserk/Strained. 1-2 kills and it's back to full again anyway.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I feel like the trait is meant for tech heavy builds. It synergizes with nothing else.

The other problem I have with traits like Safeguard and Unstoppable Force are that buffs don't appear to be overwritten when you should be able proc them again. They have to run out in order to be refreshed. Additionally, they become far weaker in groups when you aren't able to reliably get killing blows. My damage and self healing goes to shit if I can't last hit snipe things from party members.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I have finished everything except commendations and a handful of findable items like echos.

Ready for WT5 and raids.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I really don't enjoy going through my drops. There's no way to tell "at a glance" if something is worth keeping. Nearly everything I'm wearing I had to recalibrate the talent on, so I was unable to increase or change the stats. So, if a piece drops say, with the right talent, but doesn't have the right colors, I'll need another piece (or two or three) to drop with the right talent and the colors to compensate. Also really annoying that certain sets and talents only drop for certain slots. So I tend to keep gear that "might" work, and keep gear with good talents or high rolls for recalibration. I feel the system could use a bit less rigidity and restrictions.

Also, these damn skill mods. There's a ton of em, and I keep mostly best high end and a few purples, waiting on the "fix". The way it looks now, they designed the system so that only full SP builds can even use high end. Which makes no sense. If I'm not full SP I either use no mods, or low level blues and greens and deconstruct yellows because I don't have enough space? And how do I farm low level mods? Keep making new characters? It's just so fucked.

Other than that and a few CP bugs, I'm having a great time and can't wait for WT5. Really love the music in this game, constantly surprised by how good it is.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Well, they appear to have announced that date:

Sweet.

I really don't enjoy going through my drops. There's no way to tell "at a glance" if something is worth keeping. Nearly everything I'm wearing I had to recalibrate the talent on, so I was unable to increase or change the stats. So, if a piece drops say, with the right talent, but doesn't have the right colors, I'll need another piece (or two or three) to drop with the right talent and the colors to compensate. Also really annoying that certain sets and talents only drop for certain slots. So I tend to keep gear that "might" work, and keep gear with good talents or high rolls for recalibration. I feel the system could use a bit less rigidity and restrictions.

Also, these damn skill mods. There's a ton of em, and I keep mostly best high end and a few purples, waiting on the "fix". The way it looks now, they designed the system so that only full SP builds can even use high end. Which makes no sense. If I'm not full SP I either use no mods, or low level blues and greens and deconstruct yellows because I don't have enough space? And how do I farm low level mods? Keep making new characters? It's just so fucked.

Other than that and a few CP bugs, I'm having a great time and can't wait for WT5. Really love the music in this game, constantly surprised by how good it is.

Yeah I pretty much hate the inventory/gear management, but am used to it from D1. I finally got everything set up the way I wanted last night and ended at 454GS. I don't even care about what drops from now on. It'll just get vendored since my crafting mats are capped. I doubt skill builds will see much outside of specific niche or they add gear sets that make them viable. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt at the moment that most issues are as they are due to trying to alleviate exploits and collecting data on how people can make things work and then patching in changes when WT5 comes.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
This is a generally useful baseline. I go with SOCOM MK16 with Killer and Extra (72 rounds) at the moment.

Vorph

I did some testing on Monday and came to the conclusion that the P416 was the strongest AR by a significant margin, nice to see the raw data charts agree. Though strangely my G36 always came in second and it's dead last on the graph. ACR was the lowest for me (Aug AR is so bad I didn't even bother keeping one to test), and third worst on the graph so I guess the G36 thing was just a fluke.

Surprised to see the Vector 9 isn't best SMG too. Guess I'll have to try a T821 and see how it handles.

Mk17 leaving all other rifles in the dust was painfully obvious all along, so nothing new there.

Same with the M249 and M60 for LMGs. The non-belt guns were never even close. I still think the M60 handles a lot better than the M249, which is opposite of what he says at the end, but that's just personal preference and/or a gamepad thing I suppose. Never knew about the MG5 optimal range bug but meh... LMGs are ass at long range anyway.

Model 700 and SVD being top snipers isn't much of a surprise either, especially the Model 700. Would have liked to see the M700 Carbon/Tactical and M44 variants separated into individual lines since they are completely different guns though.

What was really interesting about that video was the spreadsheet he linked in the description where they datamined all the damage range rolls on various guns. Nice to finally be able to see just how good or shitty my guns rolled. And more importantly, 440 crafted guns are just as good as 450 drops; they just can't be recalibrated at all. Worse, there's no P416 Replica, which really sucks.

Taking it a step further, GS is essentially a meaningless number, at least within the 50 GS range of each WT. 440 guns are exactly the same as 450 guns, and changing out talents has no effect on GS. 450 gear that is recalibrated with a better talent also doesn't change at all, but if you change a stat roll instead you get +15 GS... even though the range on the rolls are identical to the values at 450. And increasing the GS on the item doesn't increase the base armor or anything like that either. So basically one person could have GS 470 right now if all their items dropped with the right talents and they fixed stat rolls on each one, while another dude could be 445-ish with identical rolls on every item because he's using crafted weapons and he only replaced talents when recalibrating armor.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This is a generally useful baseline. I go with SOCOM MK16 with Killer and Extra (72 rounds) at the moment.
I'm using a police M4 atm but tbh I really liked the MK16 and the slower ACR. Feel like on CP3's or just running around without hitting safe houses that I run out of ammo really fast with hte higher RPM ARs. MK17 still my go to secondary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I have two 416s I use depending on the build because of strained vs something that isn’t strained. Nothing I have is close dps wise. CTARs are rolling 3-4K less damage in exchange for an extra 150 rpm. They don’t math out and I’ve never understood the love of them.

There are definite balance passes that need to happen on a bunch of weapons. The high rof rifles have damage numbers that are completely out of wack like the ACR SS and the LVOA-C. They do AR damage but are single shot and have 2/3rds the rate of fire...

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It really depends on your build. Higher RPM weapons like the CTAR benefit more from high crit or things like the Merciless holstered perk. Downside is it has few mod choices. I have a low crit build, so I'm going to be switching to a lower RPM weapon. The P416 is nice, but I need to practice with it, the handling seems "light" or "loose" it's hard to explain. With the CTAR firing at the closest target in the firing range I can get 1.2 mil dps, need to see if the p416 can match or exceed that.

Vorph

Looking through the weapon mod lists I see quite a few things that don't appear to be in game yet. Like that Oversized 9mm Magazine I was asking about yesterday, which sadly turns out to be +15 rounds/-20% reload speed. There were several other things that actually look really useful though, wonder if we'll get the rest of the blueprints at WT5 next week.

Edit: Just took a look at the T821 SMG in game. Gross. It has less than half the rpm of a Vector, completely defeats the purpose of using it with Clutch. SMG-9 might be worth a look though. A bit less rpm for Clutch (which may or may not have an ICD) but I'm finding it to have more killing power than my Vector. The Vector sometimes has to reload to finish off higher difficulty enemies which isn't ideal when you use it exclusively to fend off the crazy rushers on Challenge/Heroic.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
I hit level 30 4 days ago and hit 450 today with just 2-3 hours a day, 80% of my map is still red zones so its really pretty easy hitting 425+ just endlessly looting. Working on farming chatterbox and probably hunter masks next, got a good week just to tidy up stuff before I can do tidal basin.

I've done everything with pug matchmaking on xbox, no real problems up to hard difficulty, haven't tried challenge yet. Haven't even hooked up a headset although probably will for the raid.

I wonder if it'll be better to leave all the side missions for WT5 so the extra drops from doing them will be higher level.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I guess I'll be going with the P416 for the time being.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No those weapon DPS spreadsheets, which have the max rolls and shit like that for WT4 at least. The above does not have that shit.

Also ive been deleting all the P416 lol.

• 1WTF