The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you have Liberty at 440 I would definitely build Chatterbox now too. Then next Friday, you upgrade your bench to WT5, break down the Chatterbox for a exotic material, use that to upgrade Liberty to 490 (so you don't need another D50), then go farm the parts for Chatterbox quick and rebuild it too. Just make sure you have 10 or so Hyena keys ready to go.

In spronk spronk 's case of having a 415 Merciless, you can just wait to craft Chatterbox next week and break down the Merciless to upgrade Liberty if you have it. Unless you bought the Ultimate edition in which case I think you could upgrade any GS250+ Merciless to a 450-490 Ruthless.

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Thats what I asked and the general thought was that a min/maxed gs 450 dude was gonna be way better than a non min/maxed gs 500 dude.
I don’t agree with that. 500 gs weapons should be a big jump and the additional stat caps on gear should power equal to or past a 450.

I just saw messing around with builds at 450 as useful information on what each armor perk does, how they could interact, and what does and doesn’t work as a cohesive gathering of stats.

I’m underwhelmed by the 3 sets we’re being offered at WT5 if Marco’s quoted data mining is accurate.

I built a chatterbox because I was curious, regretted it almost immediately but the holster perk scales and that’s all it’s really used for so oh well.

Still no D50 so liberty will definitely be built at WT5 for me. Not going to try and farm for a merciless too hard right now either even if the holster perk again is all I’m after.

These exotics so far are very underwhelming compared to all of their hype around these being build around weapons you will want to use.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Agree. If I just stopped and waited for WT5 I would of missed out on a lot of information I gathered myself just by trying different shit out, what I liked and what I didnt, what worked for me and what I hated. Also gave me a chance to grind out 2 of the 3 subclasses and start leveling another character which I think will come into play as farming goes plus crafting some lower level mod shit I can actually use.

Plus all those attachments I ground out in tier 3s would not grind themselves, right?

I dont see this as wasted time. But I suppose you can just skip all this and look at some build videos and copy pasta?

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Those patch notes for today are a bit leaner than I hoped for. The gamepad UI bug where L2 was bound to two different things when you're trying to get rid of mods is great to see fixed, but I'm going to be pretty salty if we still can't recalibrate talents on gloves.

You can recalibrate gloves, it's just buggy. Like, I was trying to move clutch and getting the weird full circle, nothing happens bullshit. So I switched either the from or the to, I can't remember. And it worked. I've also had no probs with like moving surgical and some other stuff. Some talents or just wonky.

As far as spending time optimizing before WT5, it just happens while you're grinding for blueprints and shit, and it gives you an idea of what talents/weapons you want to use. And it's not like I'm gonna start throwing on higher GS pieces as soon as I get them. One piece could completely fuck all my talents (7 blue, 5 red). I'll probably only upgrade my weapon for a while, while I try to gather enough to not gimp myself for a few extra points/armor.

Vorph

You can recalibrate gloves, it's just buggy. Like, I was trying to move clutch and getting the weird full circle, nothing happens bullshit. So I switched either the from or the to, I can't remember. And it worked. I've also had no probs with like moving surgical and some other stuff. Some talents or just wonky.
Hmm, well switching the from and the to or whatever isn't going to help me much. I have Airaldi gloves with 12% AR damage on them. If I move that AR roll to any other glove it gets capped at lower than 12%. So I need to move Clutch onto them and it refuses to do it. The circle fills, it makes the successful crafting sound, but the talent isn't changed and (fortunately) I still have my source gloves and mats. Went and bought the Clutch gloves at the vendor this week and those didn't work either.

And yeah, I don't expect I'll replace anything but guns between the start of WT5 and when I get into full farm mode at 500. I got a crap holster out of my clan box today that was like 465 so I'll boost that to 480 and use it to inflate my GS for getting WT5 drops to 500 faster. Plus two guns that were 463 and 467, along with all the other stuff that dropped around 454 in the past week. Take one piece of that junk per slot, change stats on it to make it ~469, and at least shortcut some of the grind since your drops are based on the (average) GS of the highest gear you have, even if it's in your stash.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm disappointed the foam bug where if you die you're permanently rooted wasn't fixed. Happened to me at least 4 times, and last night I lost 2 hunter masks to it (did the 4 spawn one, killed two and got those, got rooted and killed the 3rd and wasn't able to get it, just logged out instead of killing 4th since I was pissed).

• 1Solidarity

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
If you have Liberty at 440 I would definitely build Chatterbox now too. Then next Friday, you upgrade your bench to WT5, break down the Chatterbox for a exotic material, use that to upgrade Liberty to 490 (so you don't need another D50), then go farm the parts for Chatterbox quick and rebuild it too. Just make sure you have 10 or so Hyena keys ready to go.

Is Liberty at 490 a better gun? It has too much recoil and not enough rounds for me to find it useful at the moment.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
-Reduced the UI flickering effect present in the menu.
-Fixed the menu distortion animation playing twice under certain circumstances.

Thank god. It was annoying as fuck having to wait 4-5s for the screen to finish glitching out so I can actually see my fuckin' gear.

• 1Like

Vorph

Is Liberty at 490 a better gun? It has too much recoil and not enough rounds for me to find it useful at the moment.
It will just have higher damage. You equip it mainly for the holstered effect anyway. If you want to do damage, you're probably better off with a sawed-off double barrel (which is also good for exploiting Fill'er Up talent with Model 700 + M60 for primaries).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is it bad I cannot upgrade my fricken crafting bench past WT1 (About to hit WT3 after one mission tonight) because I can't gather 75 titanium? Ugh. And that's just to catch up to 2.

Also, I need steel. Where is a good place for steel?

Anyone have a quick way to farm both?

I also have armor mods dropping like candy in my WT2 missions but for the life of me cannot get a decent gun to drop. I did get that one Pistol though everyone was talking about immediately. Slug nosed diceros or whatever :)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Is it bad I cannot upgrade my fricken crafting bench past WT1 (About to hit WT3 after one mission tonight) because I can't gather 75 titanium? Ugh. And that's just to catch up to 2.

I also have armor mods dropping like candy in my WT2 missions but for the life of me cannot get a decent gun to drop. I did get that one Pistol though everyone was talking about immediately. Slug nosed diceros or whatever :)
Turn in enough resources at a capture point for the "find boxes" Perk to fire off, then spend 10m farming mats -- they seem to spawn at every possible location, and become incredibly visible. It was a surprisingly useful Perk. I'm WT3, about to finish the last Stronghold to bump to WT4 and I already have the mats ready to go.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

There's a chance to get steel when you deconstruct weapons also.

• 1Like

Vorph

Yes, that is very strange. I'm constantly full on all mats. I craft a new weapon mod I get from a CP+3 and 10 minutes later I'm all full up again. I'm constantly looking for padlocked doors/gates and I stop to loot every container I see though.

Wish they'd make the CP buff not so retarded. It lasts like 10 minutes which is just about worthless. There's a challenge for every mission to redo it on hard+ and loot 10 or 20 loot boxes, but some of them only have exactly that amount and you need to find every one of them. Some are well-hidden, would be nice to carry the buff all the way through a mission.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Supposedly a lot of titanium around the east mall area.
Not really much point to upgrade the crafting table till wt4 anyways, I think, not until you're ready to craft the exotics.
You can craft the weapon mods for cheaper too before then.

Hex wrenches on the other hand... what a fucking terrible idea to include junk trinkets in projects, had to abandon that project after 3 days of looting everything and still can't find 1 wrench, at least I looted a bunch of pain killers for the headache.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yo dont want to upgrade crafting bench anyway until you farmed up all or most of your mods in tier 3 control points. Because the crafting costs increase every time and also the high end crafting bench dont craft shit you end up using anyways (crafts 400-440).

If youre looking for titanium go to east dark zone and jsut kill shit. its mostly outcasts and you get like 5-7 per drop.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I craft all mods as soon as I have mats. I also boost the table as soon as I have mats, because it requires 90/100 at T3 and you're basically wasting mats by sitting at the mat cap. There's no reason to upgrade your table other than specific weapon mods that you may or may not use. Or you're looking for an ability mod.

spronk

FPS noob
Ut and anyone else who needs mats, go farm the various faction keys in the sewers every night for 1-2 hours. You can see the guide here. You'll want at least 10 hyena keys to get the chatterbox exotic anyways
The Division 2 Exotic weapons locations – Hyena Key locations, Merciless Exotic rifle

But there are 35 keys you can farm, they are all on 24 hour cooldowns. The thing is they are just surrounded by chests and boxes of loot, supplies, and mats, you will rapidly be capped at all mats after a night or two of farming. You can do it all solo (or groups) and rarely run into enemies. Right before you go farming just talk to a control point officer, not sure if you have to donate stuff to him or not but with the purchased perk it'll highlight lootable stuff around you if you donate/talk to him. It doesn't always work for me tbh though, I donate a ton of stuff and nothing changes but I refarm all that stuff within 15 mins.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ive opened like 20 of those chests and not one component yet, lol.

Also ran that stupid hard mode mission thats supossed to drop the merciless like 50 times now.

Vorph

ive opened like 20 of those chests and not one component yet, lol.

Also ran that stupid hard mode mission thats supossed to drop the merciless like 50 times now.
I don't see any possible way you're opening the right Hyena boxes if you still don't have any parts. There's only 3 specific zones where you get them from, and once you get one part you need to move on to the next zone. I linked the video which shows the locations of 3 boxes per zone a page or so back. Or go to The Division 2 Map | Interactive Map of Division 2 Locations and turn off everything except "locked crate". Edit: You may have to do them in the order of Downtown East -> Federal Triangle -> Judiciary Square... not 100% on that, but it's the order I used. You absolutely have to do the bank mission after getting all the parts though, that I am 100% sure of.

And exotics are supposedly 1/2/3% drop based on difficulty, so always do them on challenging. I would not bother until WT5 though; upgrading Sweet Dreams -> Lullaby and Merciless -> Ruthless involves the use of some buggy ass recipes that are likely to just downgrade your gun compared to farming in WT5 and getting a natural 500 drop. And you can't even do the Merciless upgrade unless you bought the ultimate edition.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i did chatterbox the last 2 days and used the video guide vorph posted, there is a hyena chest in the MLK library control point in downtown east that I just opened every 24 hours until I got it. Same for the other two components, in order, then I got the blueprint running the bank mission on challenging (todays daily) and looted the hyena chest in the vault which gave me the blueprint