The Division 2

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think the psychological effect of not having 500+GS is weighing way too heavily for people when it doesn't matter game play wise since we are/should be chasing stat/talent rolls. It took half a dozen hours to get to where 500+ stuff was dropping. By the end of the week everyone will be 500+ and then what? Back to grinding for perfect stat/talent rolls.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Signature ammo where are you...two days. Not a single one. You would think since specializations are selling point they could hotfix it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Signature ammo where are you...two days. Not a single one. You would think since specializations are selling point they could hotfix it.

Swap specializations back and forth before heading out to fill your clip.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Just a warning in case people forgot or dont know, all this min maxing and countless hours are for the raids and heroic content. If you just want to play the game and have some fun, its all there for you and you dont need to pay much attention to stuff. Once this raid drops for 8 people, its going to be 1 shot death city with getting wrecked and causing the group to get wiped and restarting a 1-2 hour mission (hopefully).

If you want to do the real end game content without getting carried in 6 months, youll need to have 1 or 2 builds that are nearly 100%. Again and I'm hoping but an easy 200k+ armor and 75ish hp on top of a nearly perfect cooldown/heal/dps. Thousands and thousands of drops and countless cash to get that shit setup right.

Not everyone wants to play a healer build but it has to be done. So do a set of dps and healer just in case. There are lines where you can kinda float both but saving a team from redoing 2 hours of shit is better than people leaving the group due to 4 mission/group resets.

I really want 8 of us in the pc clan to finish this to get a stupid arm patch or whatever the fuck it is.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's funny, cuz on the dev stream they said the complete opposite.
I'd say now that the dust has settled and I'm getting a better idea of what to expect for drops, I get about 10% GS500, 50-60% GS497-499, and the rest are ridiculously low, down as far as GS491. As mentioned before, I'm GS505 with all my junk equipped. Could probably get it to about 510 by recalibrating even more trash to 515 but recalibration is so damn expensive that I'm not doing that until I cap electronics again, unless someone provides some proof that it would actually make a difference.

That's the overall picture--I also tend to believe that end of mission/bounty boss loot and the big chest at CP3/4 is probably skewed more towards 500 while random open world crates are probably less than 5% as well as being dragged down by all the 485-490 purples and shitty gear/skill mods.

I don't know what it is about stupid numbers like this. Even though I am well aware that GS is essentially meaningless it still bugs the hell out of me that they designed it this way. The playerbase should be focusing on the insanely large min/max ranges on weapon damage, and that WT5 items appear to be rolling worse stats than WT4 items did, but GS is distracting everyone from the real problems.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
So this morning I got a Merciless rifle from a Hyena mission and its gear score popped out at 476. Is it normal for an exotic to be so low? At the time I got the drop, I hadnt upgraded my crafting bench since I hit WT5, is the weapons gs a result of that?

exotic drops will be any GS i don't think they will go higher than 490. You can buy a blueprint at the white house vendor to upgrade every exotic (after you have it). That UPGRADE will be automatic 500 at WT5 crafting bench, BUT it requires an "exotic component". You get two exotic components for dismantling an exotic.

What I did was craft and dismantle a chatterbox last week, and then refarm the mats (it takes 15-20 mins a day for 3-4 days, 24 hour cooldown on hyena keys and boxes) and recraft one at the WT5 table which came out at 490 (I'm only 470 or so right now but it crafted still at 490) and then upgraded it, which automatically made it 500.

The other option is to farm, dismantle, and refarm the exotic pistol but only if you have multiple high end D50 Eagle pistols since you need one each time to craft one. You can only hold one chatterbox or exotic pistol (liberty I think is the name?), but you can hold multiple merciless and the new exotics but those are all RNG random drops from various bosses and stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vorph

PSA for anyone who hasn't been able to play much since the patch, I decided to wait on my clan cache and then completely forgot about it until just now. All 5 items were 500 so the tards on reddit were wrong yet again with their claims it was locked in at the GS you were when the caches were awarded. As long as you haven't picked it up from the box yet it should keep going up. Though as the patch notes said, the items can no longer exceed the GS cap like they did in WT4.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Neither of these things make sense to me.

First guy was retarded and thinks he has to wear his 503 trash instead of his 470 stuff that was probably decent even though you can just keep the stuff in your stash?

Second guy was just plain retarded and decided to waste the time spent clearing the mission?

Yeah, I don't entirely get it either. The second guy was accusing the first of trolling the group. I dunno. Getting locked into someone's afk and not being able to leave the game was the crappiest part.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah the UI needs some serious work. Not being able to chat or do fucking ANYTHING while waiting to respawn/revive is absurd.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
Logged in and got to WT5 but have no idea what I should be chasing. I held off on any builds until after the patch. Been using an LMG and a rifle. Any specific weapon type/perks I should aim for?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone on Reddit had a good theory. We already know that gear has a max "capacity" for stats. It seems like GS450+ items aren't scaling properly, however, and it looks like the additional armor is eating up the cap (e.g. you can have base 40k armor, every 1k armor above it eats 1% of say, CHC, or 2% of damage to elites; so the fact that GS500 naturally rolls 55k armor means you get boned on the extra stats for everything else).

Meaning they'll never roll higher than your GS450 set.

I'd assume this is a bug, but it fucking sucks because I got rid of most of my GS450 shit thinking it'd be worthless.

The only thing that appears to scale is weapons.

spronk

FPS noob

dunno if you'd get banned and stuff for this. unlimited loot glitch in latest patch, do daily mission (hard/challenging mission) and logout and log back in and you keep getting loot LOL

wow they are super fast at responding they have temporarily disabled daily/weekly projects until they can put out a fix

Last edited:

Vorph

I really wish I could get rid of these two fucking dailies clogging up my list that require doing a mission in a group, something I've never done and have no intention of doing. I wouldn't care if I just lost a daily every once in a while to it, but apparently once it's in your list you're stuck with it forever.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I really wish I could get rid of these two fucking dailies clogging up my list that require doing a mission in a group, something I've never done and have no intention of doing. I wouldn't care if I just lost a daily every once in a while to it, but apparently once it's in your list you're stuck with it forever.

You can abandon them? It might come back but you can...

Vorph

Hmm really? I thought i actually got rid of it. But I can't honestly remember.
Seems you're right, guess that project is just super common. Every other time I've abandoned it just have me the same shit again. Even today only one of the two changed.