The Division 2

Janx

<Silver Donator>
@Gravel is pretty much correct, but I suppose a case could be made for using 2pc True Patriot to get the 10% armor damage. You'd need very well rolled mask and holster to justify it though; my TP mask is 44% DtE + health, and holster is CDR + health. The DtE roll is higher than most other ~500GS masks DtE even if they also have Hard Hitting on them, so all I'm really losing out on is being able to put Fill'er Up on my holster. Going to use it in my non-crit/Unhinged + Compensated + Unstoppable Force LMG build and see if I can live without Fill'er Up.
I swapped from crit to compensated + unstoppable and really like it. Need higher DTE on mask but FFS the stat range limiting is annoying ;(

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
but FFS the stat range limiting is annoying ;(
Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed now that the stat budget is exactly the same from the moment you step into WT1 all the way up through WT5, and that the base armor on gear subtracts from that budget. I have 490-something gloves which rolled with very low armor and 11% AR dmg. The cap for recalibration is 12%, but I was only able to test that by using my old 450 ones that actually rolled with 12% LMG dmg. I guess if you want good shit to use for recalibration the only way to do it at this point is make an alt and never complete Tidal Basin on it.

And then another alt sitting at ~L25 to farm and craft blue gear mods which actually have respectable stats on them:
rypnYeT.jpg

It's easily the most backwards-ass game design I have ever seen (which of course means there's legions of white knight faggots on reddit defending it and gilding each others posts).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed now that the stat budget is exactly the same from the moment you step into WT1 all the way up through WT5, and that the base armor on gear subtracts from that budget. I have 490-something gloves which rolled with very low armor and 11% AR dmg. The cap for recalibration is 12%, but I was only able to test that by using my old 450 ones that actually rolled with 12% LMG dmg. I guess if you want good shit to use for recalibration the only way to do it at this point is make an alt and never complete Tidal Basin on it.

And then another alt sitting at ~L25 to farm and craft blue gear mods which actually have respectable stats on them:
rypnYeT.jpg

It's easily the most backwards-ass game design I have ever seen (which of course means there's legions of white knight faggots on reddit defending it and gilding each others posts).

That's some zero-sum hamster wheel bullshit.

Yeah, survivability suffers too. No way I'm giving up patience + hard hitting kneepads.

Patience is the most important talent for me. If I have it, I live. If I don't, I die a lot and hard.

Vorph

That's some zero-sum hamster wheel bullshit.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. I redid both my builds in the spreadsheet today ignoring stupid stuff like the Petrov brand set for LMGs that is trash due to the way all three pieces roll. Instead focusing on getting as many non-red mod slots as possible while maintaining the talent slots needed for the builds. Ended up with capped CHC, +61% AR damage, and at least 100% DtE on the Strained/Berserk/Clutch build and +99% LMG damage and also at least 100% DtE on the Unhinged/Compensated/Unstoppable Force one. (Counted stuff like Unhinged and Compensated, but not procs like Strained, Berserk, Unstoppable Force, etc.)

Sad thing is, they use practically the same gear. Same brands, just slightly different rolls/talents, and the LMG build would really like a Yaahl Gear mask but good fucking luck with that. I've seen one Yaahl item drop in 200 hours, not counting the two that have appeared on vendors so far (none since WT5 though, naturally).

Vorph

Anyone remember which side missions it was that gave you the BPs for protocol and system mods? I saved nearly all my side missions until WT4 so I can't remember how early these two actually were available. I was going to level an alt or two this week anyway, might as well try to get some blue mods to mess around with... but if I can't craft them by L25 and just have to pick them up from the crates that contain weapon skins and armor dyes, or from running around the DZ, fuck that.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I've seen one Yaahl item drop in 200 hours, not counting the two that have appeared on vendors so far (none since WT5 though, naturally).

Drops fairly often in the Dark Zones. Does not drop appear at all outside of DZs, except for the occasional vendor.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

rypnYeT.jpg

Are you fucking kidding me?!!!!

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm around 470GS and finally took the time to finish up the invasion stuff this week. Still have a bunch if side missions i need to do for blueprint and CP3s. I did two CP3s yesterday and even though it showed blueprint but didn't appear I received anything. Is this a bug or because the cp officer died? Also, mods seem pointless to me. I can't use them and they keep dropping. The problem with that is I can only use lower skill score stuff but that no longer drops. WTF who thought of this system? I finally understand everyone's frustration with this part of the game. I haven't even ventures into crafting or re-calibrations yet.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I hit a real loss of fun factor after opening WT5, which I'm sure is pretty much the same issue you guys had maxing stuff at WT4 for the last few weeks. I hit 450+ just a few days before Tidal Basin opened, and the progression was still happening at what felt like the perfect pace. Now I'm regularly getting drops that are lower than what I have, and when I do manage to find something with a higher GS, it's not better than what I have (and I am FAR from optimized). I have done very little with gear mods, and I honestly have only been using the attachments that I already have in my inventory. The desire to grind more (especially at the pace it is now) has really disappeared. I'd say even if the green sets were worthwhile, I'd be more interested in playing more to try to get them. One thing Div1 really got right was the power of the green gear sets and the fun involved in trying out different builds to test out their relative strengths.

Vorph

Still have a bunch if side missions i need to do for blueprint and CP3s. I did two CP3s yesterday and even though it showed blueprint but didn't appear I received anything.

The name of the blueprint no longer appears when you complete a CP3 or sidequest, all you see is the blueprint icon. Have to just go to the crafter and check for ones with a ! next to them. Officer dying doesn't matter anymore either.

Don't forget to do the weekly project that rewards a BP too--that's the most important thing of all, since it's a separate pool of BPs you can't get any other way AND it has some of the best ones in it. (Which is fucking retarded, but that shouldn't be a surprise by now.)

Skill power is completely worthless right now, best to avoid it and just not use any skill mods.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm still enjoying myself because the game play loop is enjoyable and gear is pretty much a meaningless bonus rather than a necessity. I love playing ARPG's/MMOs and even then it's hard to get excited about loot unless it's to help with progression.

If/when having min/maxed gear actually matters for completion of content and they haven't fixed what exists now then I'll grab my pitchfork.

Vorph

Anyone remember which side missions it was that gave you the BPs for protocol and system mods?
Dammit, to answer my own question... I thought I remembered these not unlocking until WT1, and unfortunately I was right. Not sure what happens if you unlock them and try to craft at 30 without ever upgrading the bench. Not sure how else to get them at 21-25 besides hitting all the parachute crates which is like 20 or so per 24h. So many other things could drop from those crates besides generic system mods with LMG or AR damage though. They'll probably nerf it before I even get one.

Molten Core Raider
Select Item. It will show you the Merciless again. Select it again. Then craft it.

Worst. UI. Ever. (well not as bad as Anthem, but I would rather not waste more energy on that game).
That did it. The whole process is dumb. Why have the process work in a different way with three times the buttons as crafting a normal item? Got it done though, thanks!

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
While we are complaining about UI decisions, why do I have to specifically craft my apparel keys from fragments when it automatically happened in Div 1?? Total step backward. It's almost as if they are trying to get me to misclick and spend premium currency to craft them.

Fadaar

That guy
While we are complaining about UI decisions, why do I have to specifically craft my apparel keys from fragments when it automatically happened in Div 1?? Total step backward. It's almost as if they are trying to get me to misclick and spend premium currency to craft them.

whaaaaaaaaaaaat? nooooo companies would never do that

• 1Like

Vorph

Well, you do have to choose between the 100 and 250 boxes when you craft them. 250's don't seem worth it unless you have everything you want that's common and are chasing a gold item and don't want to get dupes (which give a paltry amount of XP now, instead of refunding part of the cost like in Div 1).

Personally I have like 15-20 boxes worth saved up because there's nothing else I want from the current batch. And it seems like I get 3 more blue boxes every time I bring an alt to the White House?

I have to give them credit for one thing though, the currect event is actually done well. I have 23/30 already and even if I had the worst streak of luck ever on proficiency caches I could easily finish the rest just by doing weekly projects. More likely, I won't even have to do this Friday's project at all because I'll already have hit 30.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Well, you do have to choose between the 100 and 250 boxes when you craft them. 250's don't seem worth it unless you have everything you want that's common and are chasing a gold item and don't want to get dupes (which give a paltry amount of XP now, instead of refunding part of the cost like in Div 1).

Personally I have like 15-20 boxes worth saved up because there's nothing else I want from the current batch. And it seems like I get 3 more blue boxes every time I bring an alt to the White House?

I have to give them credit for one thing though, the currect event is actually done well. I have 23/30 already and even if I had the worst streak of luck ever on proficiency caches I could easily finish the rest just by doing weekly projects. More likely, I won't even have to do this Friday's project at all because I'll already have hit 30.

I'm at 17/30 and I don't even play much during the week, like 30 mins to an hour max a night.