The Division 2

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Giving a fuck about how transmog items are distributed is just...what. At this point I'm happy having a stupid gold brick hanging off my ass like a prestigious dingleberry. Cosmetic stuff in this game I couldn't give two fucks about.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I was not aware I could spend 250 fragments to get a different key. I'm assuming it's one with no dupes. OK, I'm cool with that now.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I was not aware I could spend 250 fragments to get a different key. I'm assuming it's one with no dupes. OK, I'm cool with that now.
It's for a premium cache. I think it has a guaranteed rare item

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So was doing Tidal Basin when a mob dropped a 5th piece of True Patriot gear. Since it was a PUG I figured I'd just screw around and equipped the 5 pieces. The Red, White and Blue business is pretty damn cool.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can still get dupes with either of the free crates. Spending actual money guarantees no dupes.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not sure if their names are the same here as in game, but a huge thank you to clan members Brewchop, Lexicon and Ver_21 for inviting me to join their group and getting me from a 287 gear score to 495. You guys made my night, thanks again!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Oh, also...I don't have any masks yet but while opening up a Cache tonight I got this. I was excited.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if their names are the same here as in game, but a huge thank you to clan members Brewchop, Lexicon and Ver_21 for inviting me to join their group and getting me from a 287 gear score to 495. You guys made my night, thanks again!

Anytime!

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, also...I don't have any masks yet but while opening up a Cache tonight I got this. I was excited.

So I was in a PUG last night doing the Daily Challenge mission and someone asked if we wanted to farm a hunter mask afterwards:

This is probably common knowledge but I had no clue. I did one and got a "hockey" mask with playing cards on the front of it and it looks bad-ass.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honesty after seeing the "end game" in WT4, I stopped playing for a week before WT5 and never had the urge to log back in sadly. For some reason this games end game has no pull like other looter shooters do. Gameplay wise its cool, although IMO they need to adjust some of the one shot bullshit, or peaking your head and instantly youre at 1% health bullshit. Armor and health are essentially meaningless, its all about regen. I also read about the nerfs already in patch forWT5 and kinda cringed. Anyway, maybe ill come back for more content down the road.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just love grinding loot and playing with people so as long as I can get drops and have fun with people, I’m good in whatever content there is.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The memorial one I got done over the weekend, needs to be done at night, if you salute all three graves but flip the switch at the end after 5am you have to wait for the next night for the symbol to show up. I'm having problem spawning the 7th one by shooting out the 16 windows, dozen times tried different methods and it won't spawn, supposedly bugged since the patch with people suggesting to do it in others instances if you ever did it in yours, which I never did.

Really starting to miss my old deadeye, tactician, and shield builds from division 1. They were probably trying something new with skills with the high cooldowns and instant refresh rates talents and skills, but fuck I just want the old system back. Set building is such a pain in the ass with some pieces either not dropping often like overlord gloves, or some pieces are whacked like petrov back piece always having 4 attributes and no talents, gotten 6 pieces like this, I don't know if it's bugged hardcoded or just shitty bad rolls. Why does the shitty firefly set get 5 pieces but every other skill set gives 3. I don't care about the gearscore and how fucked up the numbers are between 450-500 I just wanna be able to put together sets ffs.

State of the game today.

patch tommorow

bug to be fixed

1. fast travel to castle
  2. delta error in pvp ( when someone disconnects ) but its not for 100% of the crashes
  3. signature amo they are trying to fix it for tommorow but they are not sure they can include it
  4. sound issues when you finish a project
  5. ivory key fix ( they are still looking at it )
  6. T pose is not intended ( oh realy? ) they are still trying to fix it but not tommorow ( next patch )
  7. crafting bench for people that cant upgrade
  8. toons getting stuck and cant move anymore
  9. revive hive not working

Balance

1. they are talking about balance for skill power and exotics , a lots of stuff they are "looking" at
  2. pvp balance on program for next week
  3. title update 3
  4. Public test server is comming BEFORE title update 3 ( no raid they dont want spoilers )
  5. they know about blue gear mods

Public test server ( PC only ) because they can just update it faster

evryone that owns TD2 will have PTS in the ubiplay launcher

You are allowed to stream PTS so console players can see whats happening

things they are looking at

1. game difficutly
  2. npc's know your gearscore and if they know you have bad gear/ low dmg they are really agro but its broken and play more agro its not intended
  3. They are looking at armor and hp scaling but its not for 2.1 or 2.2 more for like 2.3
  4. There is a forum post tommorow talking about Skillpower
  5. they are talking about the 490 gear dropping if you have 500 +
  6. direct x 12 Crashes are mostly for Nvidia players they are talking with nvidia to fix those
  7. TIMERS -> confusing as fuck , they are looking at that and trying to make that better

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The memorial one I got done over the weekend, needs to be done at night, if you salute all three graves but flip the switch at the end after 5am you have to wait for the next night for the symbol to show up. I'm having problem spawning the 7th one by shooting out the 16 windows, dozen times tried different methods and it won't spawn, supposedly bugged since the patch with people suggesting to do it in others instances if you ever did it in yours, which I never did.
That bug was probably what affected me Tarrant and the others getting it from the memorial. We saluted that damn thing 500 times. I had done it not that long ago for some other friends though so it was probably bugged out. I remember it spawning @ level 17 just by walking up and giving it a single salute. Did it earlier this week as well but took a few more salutes but he still spawned.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Does anyone else farm or get excited over cosmetic things? For the invasion sets I’m two pieces away from finishing all three. That’s kinda cool I think cause I get another mask when it happens.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I’m still learning a lot about the game so pardon all my n00b like questions.

Are there specific skills I should avoid. I don’t see others use seeker mines but I love them. Am I missing out by using them?

Also should I concentrate on any one specialization? I’ve yet to start dumping points into them.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The skills people will run the most is probably the heal chem launcher because it's the best heal in the game, and revive hive for those oh fuck moments solo. Groups will use more cc types like fire turret, for the most part most of the assault skills are underwhelming. Some builds are coming out with certain skills to use to proc certain talents like on the ropes. I love seeker too, why I miss my tact build so much now, but the cooldowns are really long unless you fully build for it with talents and because of the terrible mod restrictions which need another balance pass or just go back to the old system if possible.

Play whatever spec you want, they all help with certain guns, you can switch anytime you're back at the base and you can respec them as much as you want, you're just building points to fill them all up so no need to hold points unless you're trying to get a 10 point talent, you can pick them according to what guns you want to run. Demo is the most beastie with the nade launcher.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I use cluster seeker mines and hive to revive personally. Mines are a great opener, as well as pointing out where NPCs are, and hive can save the day.

Specialization is really up to you, they all seem to be pretty good. YMMV.

I have been pretty stoked about cosmetics, I had one dye for my gear and had no idea where I got it, so I looked into it.

Look for orange crates hanging from orange parachutes or cranes, here are at least 10 of them https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/mjY6kwUN8FdCYVpofmZSB5.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
Honesty after seeing the "end game" in WT4, I stopped playing for a week before WT5 and never had the urge to log back in sadly. For some reason this games end game has no pull like other looter shooters do. Gameplay wise its cool, although IMO they need to adjust some of the one shot bullshit, or peaking your head and instantly youre at 1% health bullshit. Armor and health are essentially meaningless, its all about regen. I also read about the nerfs already in patch forWT5 and kinda cringed. Anyway, maybe ill come back for more content down the road.

Yeah the end game is totally broken, you can quickly get a meh 480+ GS set which is all you need for the raid which isn't out for another 2 weeks yet. The effort between just getting "whatever" that semi works and a "great" set at 500 is so ludicrously involved for a really questionable benefit. I assume the raid drops will be another gear reset (+gooder raid specific talents) and most people will refarm every slot with raid gear drops as well, I guess if you are in a 8 man clan and want to jump to challenging/heroic mode right away you could try optimizing now to speed into that but honestly I doubt it'll matter at all, I imagine you'll be able to get through normal mode with whatever and you can just farm at a slightly slower pace that mode forever.

I never did most of the side missions so I'm just clearing that out now, once my map is pretty empty and I do the hunter masks and get all the SHD tech caches and maybe play around with some of the bounties (did a few but they all seem pretty pointless...) I guess I'll tackle the raid a few times and then shelve the game for a few months or more.

I do like all the side content and stuff, there is a ton in the game although nothing really flows together story wise. Its all about gathering food and water and it all feels like a Disneyland ride version of the apocalypse.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone else farm or get excited over cosmetic things? For the invasion sets I’m two pieces away from finishing all three. That’s kinda cool I think cause I get another mask when it happens.
Yes, I have all the grey cosmetic items that drop randomly around the city, all the gun skins and armor dyes, all the premium cache drops I wanted, and am about to finish up the event stuff.

You do get another mask, but for some dumb reason when they fixed it so you could wear a hat and a mask they disabled the ability to wear a uniform and a mask.

Are there specific skills I should avoid. I don’t see others use seeker mines but I love them. Am I missing out by using them?

Also should I concentrate on any one specialization? I’ve yet to start dumping points into them.
Offensive skills are bad in Div 2 still and there's no indication that will be changing anytime soon.

I've been using Reinforcer Chem Launcher and Revive Hive since about level 15 and I see no reason to change that up now. Only thing that will get me to swap is when I complete my LMG build and need to drop Revive Hive for something like flame turret or the defense drone so I can keep my skills on cooldown for On the Ropes. Assuming they don't fix the bug that triggers that talent when the Chem Launcher is down only 1 charge rather than empty like the talent description says.

Demo should be your first spec imo. The grenade launcher is just ridiculously more powerful than the other two spec weapons, and even with the current issue with ammo not dropping it's still a must-have. Survival would be my second choice for incendiary grenades, AR damage, and the xbow (the sniper spec rifle is just terrible, and even with the "fix" it still misses for no reason).

Yeah the end game is totally broken, you can quickly get a meh 480+ GS set which is all you need for the raid which isn't out for another 2 weeks yet. The effort between just getting "whatever" that semi works and a "great" set at 500 is so ludicrously involved for a really questionable benefit.
I mean, if you want to be carried through the raid, sure. It takes quite a bit of effort to get an optimized build, but I can do several times more damage with my AR build compared to someone with a hodge podge of crap that just increases their GS. [Edit: I do get the frustration though. I've been working on a LMG build and aside from a decent GS500 M60 and some gear I had stashed at 450, I've made zero progress towards it in 3-4 days of farming. People who didn't farm WT4 for weeks waiting for WT5 are at a pretty large disadvantage.]

I really doubt the raid will be any sort of gear reset. They'll probably just let it drop slightly higher GS, and without a ground-up redesign of the game's loot system (which isn't happening in ~2 weeks) GS will still mean fuck-all compared to having optimized talents and stats.

Last edited: