The Division 2

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still playing but I hit 30, didn't like the post 30 game that much so have just been leveling again.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So finally around 500, have done just about all the content there is.

Seems like im tapped until the raid.

Sup with getting Green Drops that are immediatly irrelevant. I got a whole set of 450 Patriots, then hadf to leave it all behind because I maxed out WT5.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have around 110 hours in the game and loved every minute until hitting the GS 500 cap. It's been stated many times, but between farming CP3s for blueprints, 99.9% shit drops (even running DZs pretty exclusively lately hoping the drops will be better, but they aren't) and the uninspired gear synergies and virtually no build diversity I think I'm pretty much going to hold off until the next major pass through with whatever.

The first 80 hours of the game were probably the most fun I've had in a video game for a long, long time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got three builds in the 495-502 range now. Two of them are very good, one is pretty shitty.

Sharpshooter AR with ~max crit, Strained/Chatterbox/Berserk/Clutch/Patience/Safeguard is still my favorite for running missions where running out of ammo is never a concern. It does way more damage than any other build too once you get used to playing the game with most/all of your armor gone. Only reason I started looking at other stuff is because it's so goddamn frustrating to 1) not loot a single CTAR since WT5, nevermind the odds of it actually being a good one too, 2) not have access to either the Rugged Low Reflex Sight or Sturdy Extended 5.56 Mag because of weekly project faggotry, and 3) still be struggling to even get to 495 due to how ridiculous the layers of RNG are setup in order for something to be an upgrade. Another nice thing about this build is that I can swap in my Mk17 in place of the Chatterbox and do solid rifle damage too, since I just found one of them at 500 with near-max damage finally.

Demolitionist LMG with Unhinged/Unstoppable Force/Compensated/Fill'er Up/Patience/Safeguard (this should be On the Ropes, but I'd have to replace 3-4 items with upgrades that have godroll RNG to get to 7 yellow) is fantastic for doing open world stuff, especiallu bounties, as you literally have infinite ammo as long as you never reload normally. I use a Tactical Vector 9 that I can empty in less than a second and then reload in 1.4s, which then reloads my LMG with free ammo because of Fill'er Up on the holster. Liberty as sidearm means I can usually kill Big Chungus dudes without reloading at all too. I find this build a lot more squishy though; it seems Clutch is a much larger % of my survivability on the crit build than I would have guessed, and Patience only works when you're not ADS so I have to remember to drop a lot more chems.

The other build is an AR version of the Unstoppable Force build, hoping maybe it'd be best of both worlds. Quite the opposite, it does shit damage compared to the crit build and can't compete with the LMG one either, is just as squishy as the LMG build, and since Fill'er Up only really makes sense with LMGs and MMRs you lose the infinite ammo too. Just a terrible idea all around, but some dude on reddit I was disagreeing with about his "best AR build" insisted it was great so I tried it.

That said, I'm about ready to take another week+ break. They've got to do something about this recalibration shitshow or more and more people are going to reach their breaking point too.

• 1Solidarity

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Still cranking along now and then although I'm starting to lose 100% interest due to having completed most things I cared to complete

Three things:

I never realized how many containers of flammable/explosive items we're supposed to keep around the house! I've totally got to get 15-20 2 gallon gas containers and 5 propane tanks to place haphazardly around the property.

I keep running into npc's complaining about the lack of power even though there's lights and everything on everywhere. Pretty neat trick keeping the lights on when society has plainly been burnt down to bedrock!

Did they address our seeming immunity to disease/toxins in the last game? I find myself frequently wading through pools of smallpox mutant virus but never even a cough or sniffle let alone death dealing pustules.
/cough

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am a bit sad that the Exotic LMG is only from Dark Zone content. There's no way in hell I'm gonna go through the stressful agony of dealing with that bullshit without a full team.

I do enjoy Chatterbox very much however after I finally sat down and went through the paces to get it.

spronk

FPS noob
I am a bit sad that the Exotic LMG is only from Dark Zone content. There's no way in hell I'm gonna go through the stressful agony of dealing with that bullshit without a full team.

I do enjoy Chatterbox very much however after I finally sat down and went through the paces to get it.

I got 2 LMGs from just matchmaking in DZ, don't even have a headset hooked up to my xbox one and never had a problem. 50% of the time you'll get in a retard group that is just AFK or whatever but half the time you'll get in one that is just PVE farming in dark zones. You just go from fist on map to fist on map killing PVE mobs, extracting when needed although honestly with how shit all the loot is I wouldn't even bother extracting loot unless its the LMG, the only loot worth keeping will be from the DZ caches. Thats the other benefits, you will be RAINED down with DZ caches (after you hit DZ level 50, which takes 4-5 hours?) as its only like 18k xp per DZ cache and you will hit that every 30 mins or so vs the 1-2 hours/level for regular PVE.

Rarely you'll run into a DZ with 4 people who are spawn camping/killing other players, I just logout, wait 2 mins, log back in and rematchmake and i'm in a new DZ without those people.

Since matchmaking tries to matchmake the zone closest to you (for DZ) I'd move first to the DZ gateway of the one you want to farm. It only drops from named Outcast bosses I believe so go to the one that has outcasts in it. I don't really get how often the DZ changes to conflict mode and other stuff, it seems to rapidly change often.

The LMG is total shit though anyways, garbage damage and the debuff is cool but lets face it if an enemy mob is standing around close enough for it to really matter you can just chuck a grenade at them too.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

I got 2 LMGs from just matchmaking in DZ, don't even have a headset hooked up to my xbox one and never had a problem. 50% of the time you'll get in a retard group that is just AFK or whatever but half the time you'll get in one that is just PVE farming in dark zones. You just go from fist on map to fist on map killing PVE mobs, extracting when needed although honestly with how shit all the loot is I wouldn't even bother extracting loot unless its the LMG, the only loot worth keeping will be from the DZ caches. Thats the other benefits, you will be RAINED down with DZ caches (after you hit DZ level 50, which takes 4-5 hours?) as its only like 18k xp per DZ cache and you will hit that every 30 mins or so vs the 1-2 hours/level for regular PVE.

Rarely you'll run into a DZ with 4 people who are spawn camping/killing other players, I just logout, wait 2 mins, log back in and rematchmake and i'm in a new DZ without those people.

Since matchmaking tries to matchmake the zone closest to you (for DZ) I'd move first to the DZ gateway of the one you want to farm. It only drops from named Outcast bosses I believe so go to the one that has outcasts in it. I don't really get how often the DZ changes to conflict mode and other stuff, it seems to rapidly change often.

The LMG is total shit though anyways, garbage damage and the debuff is cool but lets face it if an enemy mob is standing around close enough for it to really matter you can just chuck a grenade at them too.

I've been pretty much exclusively pugging DZs the past week other than the daily challenges and honestly the perception (which I originally shared) is worse than reality. I think there has been only been 1 instance where I ran into another 4 man rogue group and so far, no team member went rogue. Usually people are pretty chill and I'd say about 25% of the time someone is actually using a mic if that even matters. The mobs are made out of paper and just melt so it's oddly a much less stress inducing style of play and once you get going, gear just rains down on you (but it's still 99.9% garbage unfortunately).

Pestilence no matter how you slice it, is trash and the first one I got, I salvaged to get components to upgrade my Chatterbox. I have another one sitting in stash where it will remain unless they do a total pass/rework over it. The gun is really not that rare (I've seen 4 drop).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally got 8 ivory keys. Had to hijack some dudes instances.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2_Brahma.jpg

White dye and an F2000. which is...OK.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got my white dye without even opening the ivory chest and my black dye is currently bugged to show up as white too.

Getting hard to log in now that I am pretty min/max'ed and there being no point in chasing loot. Still got close to 200 hours before I stopped logging in every day which beat my Monster Hunter World playtime before I got bored. Did everything except some of the commendations stuff and got all the exotics available as well.

spronk

FPS noob
i think someone posted their own map before but here is another post with a map of all the "airdrops" that you can farm every 24 hours, its crazy there are over 40? of them

Vorph

That map and the one someone posted here seem to just be airdrops. There's a whole bunch of bright green gun cases (the ones that drop weapon skins) too.

Only downside is that it's about 50/50 between HE and purple drops, and it's always one gear piece and one mod. The guaranteed mod thing is great when you're on a L20ish alt though, since you can get the blue 6% dmg/armor mods that way. Quite a few you can't get to due to character level being too low however.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Welp, looks like Massive is about to give D2 the Old Yeller treatment. (From PTS)

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
This first raid better release some awesome shit or this game will be extra dead for the next 6 months. I love min maxing and chasing those .0001% drops but there is nothing to chase. Its a sweet game but uhh... this wont fucking work for me.

11 offense etc to activate a shit ball talent, fuck off.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

I'm done if those changes make it live (and there's even more nerfs on PTS too, like Patience being nerfed to 9B and 5s to activate, Frenzy completely gutted into uselessness, and Unhinged damage reduced).

Amusingly, my planned LMG build was 3/9/7 and would only be affected by the Patience 5 sec and Unhinged dmg nerfs, which are relatively minor compared to the rest of this faggotry. But since they aren't doing a thing to improve recalibration besides increasing the stat caps, it just makes it even harder to min/max a build. Instead of just wanting something that rolled with all but one thing you need, now you will always want the talent to have rolled on the item when it dropped so you can change a stat (especially if it's a red stat). You still won't be able to change colors to fix it though. In the end the time needed to farm up the exact build you want will increase in a big way, and at this point why the fuck would I ever trust Massive to not just nerf it into the ground like they are doing to my crit AR build that I've put at least 100+ hours into?

This all just seems like another Thylander-is-being-a-spiteful-prick set of changes, just like with his 'new and improved' weapon mods. "Oh you think all these gearsets we made are garbage because they don't have talents on them? Well, fuck you then, I'll just nerf all the talents into the ground." It's one thing to make sweeping balance changes that completely wreck a bunch of builds when a new WT is coming out and everyone will be farming new gear anyway, but to do it now when nothing is changing is completely unacceptable.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know I have not played this in a while, but based on what I saw there was little to no build diversity. Only a few of the dozens of talents were ever worth a shit, same for the weapons. Like 100 weapons in the game but like 4-5 are worth any shit.

Instead of nerfing shit to the ground, they should be buffing the shit out of the talents and weapons that no one uses because they are pure hot garbage.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yep on the shelf. Got a lot of play time out of it though and it was fun. Unless end game changes are made, no reason to continue except log in to see the raid content and back off I go.

• 1Like