The Division 2

spronk

FPS noob
did they nerf the blue mod stuff too? i have an alt at level 6, was planning on farming a few blue mods but not sure if its worth the few hours of time. and yeah my only plan is to finish all the side quests and hidden stuff (there is a LOT!), do the raid once or twice, and be done

the nice thing is all the DLC content is free for year 1, season pass owners just get it a week early. i wonder actually if that applies to the raid, people will be PISSED if only sp owners can play it for a week

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don't think the raid is considered DLC, iirc it's coming out on the 25th? So a week early access would be tomorrow. Here's tomorrow's patch notes.

Maintenance & Patch Notes - April 18th, 2019 | Forums

Greetings Agents,

The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance Thursday, April 18th at 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 12:30 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to receive unlimited Snitch heroic bounties.
  • Fixed another issue where players were stuck after being revived while having a DoT state active.
  • Fixed other issues relating to players being stuck after revival.
  • Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
  • Increased variety of NPCs spawned at higher difficulty levels.
  • Difficulty has been significantly decreased in Hard, moderately reduced in Challenge, and barely reduced in Heroic.
  • Fixed an issue related to Elite NPC aggressiveness in Heroic / Alert Level 4.
  • Reduced the damage output of Named bosses.

Please follow this thread for any updates as the maintenance progresses.

Thank you,
The Division 2 Team

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Totally not surprised by this. Div 1 used to have a new meta every patch as they nerfed builds and talents. Was almost as annoying there as well.
I think Massive learned a lot of good lessons on how to provide enough content, but the balancing of talents and sets.. well, they still have a long way to go it seems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol wtf, who asked for hard or challenging to be made easier? They were already mostly trivial. And heroic is barely touched when it takes several times longer to complete with practically no improvement in rewards.

If I didn't know better I'd think a totally different team was supporting the post release game compared to the one that made it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So the raid has been delayed from April 25th until sometime in May while they work through all these balance changes. Seems logical, if a bit of a let down.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol wtf, who asked for hard or challenging to be made easier? They were already mostly trivial. And heroic is barely touched when it takes several times longer to complete with practically no improvement in rewards.

If I didn't know better I'd think a totally different team was supporting the post release game compared to the one that made it.

In all actuality, it probably is. I am sure the main development team moved on and a transition happened to a live service team.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't played since Sunday.

The part that tells me the game is fucked up is I took advantage of two bugs in the last couple weeks (the unlimited loot from bounty relog, and infinite Snitch bounties), and in both cases stopped doing them because the loot was still so shitty.

Like, abusing bugs in the game is still worthless because the RNG is so bad that even glitches can't overcome them.

Seeing them nerfing the only things that make the game even worthwhile to play really doesn't bode well for the game. So...I can grind content for gear that I don't actually want because you made it suck even worse? Uh cool?

Edit: Wow, and I just saw they're making 515 only available from DZ? Good job, you just killed your game. Fucking dumb ass developers, I swear. I got way more out of this game than I thought (about 130 hours), but it could have been so much more.

Last edited:

Vorph

In all actuality, it probably is. I am sure the main development team moved on and a transition happened to a live service team.
Nah, Fredrik Thylander is still in charge of stuff like the game balance changes being made. Same people on the SotG as usual too.

Speaking of SotG, if anything the info from it made me even less optimistic. DZ having exclusive access to gs515 until the raid really chaps my ass on top of all the other stupid ideas they're talking about.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The crazy part is that apparently streamers and the like have a ton of influence on the devs, and yet this video was posted just a few days ago.

The PVP in this game is garbage. And based on how the game operates, it will never be fun. The character movement is just too stiff.

That's why I think if they go this direction of forcing people into the DZ, they have effectively killed their game. Not necessarily because most of the playerbase doesn't want PVP, but because even if they do it's still just bad.

If I wanted to PVP, I'd play something like Apex where it's actually worth a shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The crazy part is that apparently streamers and the like have a ton of influence on the devs, and yet this video was posted just a few days ago.

The PVP in this game is garbage. And based on how the game operates, it will never be fun. The character movement is just too stiff.

That's why I think if they go this direction of forcing people into the DZ, they have effectively killed their game. Not necessarily because most of the playerbase doesn't want PVP, but because even if they do it's still just bad.

If I wanted to PVP, I'd play something like Apex where it's actually worth a shit.

I agree. I have about almost 200 hours into this game, and none post WT5, but the PvP I played in this game was awful. Not balanced, one shot dumb shit, no solo only DZ, and even their little instanced PvP matches suck.Also like you said the movement is too janky. Plus the cover bullshit fucks you up more than it helps, lol.

I was watching some PvP Div player roaming the DZ wondering why no one was there one day, and those that were why were they not fighting him but PvEing? I luled.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
As to the loot issue, they should of handled the loot like any other loot game that knows WTF they are doing. Base item, prefix and suffix, with random roll amounts in a set range based on power level of the item. Then maybe their reforge might actually make sense at that point. Also set rolls on "legendary" type items, which there should be WAY more in this game other than the 4-5 they have now. As it is now you have to have planets, moons and all of the suns align for something good to drop there is so many stats/values/perks on any given item each getting its own roll, its fucking nuts. You can go for an entire month trying to get a certain item to drop and it just wont happen.

Also the reroll bullshit they have in game is too restrictive based on the items and their RNG. I understand why this is the case, but lets think about this some more and come up with a compromise, because what they have currently is a mess.

RNG is good, but too much RNG and you end up getting a mess like this.

Last edited:

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
If this shit goes live, see you once a week, to check if the weekly gives a blueprint, until you unfuck your game.

• 2Solidarity

Vorph

The carrot should be 6 piece sets that don’t suck ass.

Just copy Diablo 3 already for fucks sake.
Thank the asshats on reddit who complained about d1 classified sets and 'muh build diversity' for d2 sets being shit.

Like there's any build diversity without sets anyway. Currently there's two builds worth talking about, and if pts changes go live that becomes one since it's literally impossible to make a berserk/ strained build there.

• 1Truth!

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
515 only in darkzone, not challenging, not heroic is dumb as fuck. Not raids too though? didn't really see that mentioned since it's not on for testing. Tridharding so much to get people to play darkzone.

The talent nerfs don't hit me as hard as I already changed over to a low crit more weapon damage build, but increasing requirements for talents suck ass since the recal still also sucks ass not being able to switch colors out, but hey at least they're increasing the recal caps.

I still mostly solo, got my lmg and ar gun builds together, but have no urge to push for harder content, or for sets and skill builds because they are mostly garbage so why bother. I cobbled together a seeker turret build but it requires so much skill power and cooldown reductions, kills slower than just plowing through shit with gun builds.

Vorph

Also the reroll bullshit they have in game is too restrictive based on the items and their RNG. I understand why this is the case, but lets think about this some more and come up with a compromise, because what they have currently is a mess.

RNG is good, but too much RNG and you end up getting a mess like this.
If they'd at least let us change stat color when recalibrating I'd probably keep playing despite the nerfs, but if they're going to nerf with a sledgehammer and still make it take 100+ hours to farm up even just a partially optimized set that's a hard no.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Should have PvE DZ's only if they go that route with DZ's. Give options.

Vorph

Landmarks are fun enough and seem to drop a pretty decent amount of loot. I'd definitely mess around in the dz some if they made 1 occupied, 1 normal, and 1 pve only.

• 2Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

• 1Like