The Division 2

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, when I was reading people's reaction's to the SOTG earlier it was unclear about the DZ/RAID highest GS info, because people are pretty much foaming out the mouth right now and have reason to be. At this point, I give zero fucks what anyone from Ubi says. If they actually make even a single intelligent decision, to me it will be the equivalent of "oh, look, the village idiot wrote his name with his poopie".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess the part that irritates me is that at release, the game was great. But every decision since has made the game less fun.

Had they just kept shit similar to WT4, and fixed skill power, I don't think many people would be complaining.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The only good thing on the test server is the way recalibration works now. You get 100 allocation points/range whatever and that determines your stat caps and they are way higher. For example, I had a 2 stat chest with 858 SP. I moved it onto a 3 stat chest that had 260 SP. Not only did it not hit the cap, I had room left over so it can still go higher. I'm really glad I saved a ton of 450 gear with high rolls on my mule alt.

It still would be nice if they let you switch colors. They could put in a 75% cap on recalibrated colors stats, so it could be sort of a hold over til you found a better piece. I also think color requirements either need to go away completely or be lessened a ton. And only low minimums like 3-5, and no "no more than" bs. The number of a color you have should just give you a small percentage boosts of that stat type. 5 reds? 1.5% weapon damage per. Armor for blue, SP for yellow, etc.

Brand sets could use some looking into as well. I never get to actually use a full 3 set with the way color reqs work. And on the rare occasion it's happened, the 3 set effect is something that has zero effect on my build, so I have to replace it. Accuracy? Ok. Headshot dmg? Ok. MMR dmg? Uh, I use a scoped rifle, asshole. Also the random %specific skill SP. I don't use drones, fuckhead, but I like the first and third set bonuses!

Diversity is strength! (he said, somewhat sarcastically)

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm still having fun with friends, bummed about the raid but as long as it's decent when it comes out then whatever. I agree gear and heroic needs fixing. I also wish they had meaningful crafting outside of weapon mods.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah same here. Have been taking my time with seriously putting a build together since I know about the current issues and upcoming changes, and frankly, for the content I'm doing, I don't need a 100% min-maxed build.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's the thing too. You don't need a build for anything.

• 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i havent played in over a week. I am back to playing Tarkov though even that has me angry a bit with some of the changes from this latest wipe

spronk

FPS noob
the darkzones in Div 2 just feel really off, in div 1 they felt super oppressive and weird and creepy since i think it was always dark and fairly small areas. In div 2 they just feel like the rest of the world.

it is bizarre all the changes they are making, my biggest issues being a super casual is how retarded most of the level 30 mods are, how insanely complicated and annoying it is farming blueprints, and not having any control really over what kind of loot i want.

Once you get a semi decent set of gear at a level you are happy with, its just not worth the time and effort to change that gear in any way nor will making the gear slightly better really change your game sessions in any meaningful way.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind having something annoying to farm for but they always seem to go 1 step forward 2 steps back. They need to take a page from Diablo III. Make fun exotics that are strong, make gears sets strong, make it so there is a combination of things that are cool. Brand sets are a good way to break up only using gear sets, make brand bonuses strong. Then after gear is fun introduce a rift style gameplay like they did with the underground.. but it needs WAY more variability than Div 1 had.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I got the Nemesis exotic marksman rifle. It’s pretty nice, I use a marksman rifle all the time so I like it. :)

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
It just blows my mind that the perfect loot system was crafted 20+ years ago and devs big and small still get this shit wrong.

About a decade ago I worked with a small indie studio on a few relatively popular 360 indie titles. Two of them were RPGs. The lead dev was asking for ideas on how to implement the gear system in the sequel to the first game. I just said "Copy Diablo 2." They said "no" and tried to make their own thing and it ended up sucking ass and being a major reason why the game totally failed.

I could not tell you the name or the features of a single fuckin piece of loot I've picked up in this game. I'm GS 498. It's all the same generic random mush that gets cycled in and out. Nothing has staying power or depth or weight or history. The fact that we can totally recalibrate anything further strips everything of import. I feel more connection to my cosmetic items than my actual functional weapons or armor.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
The roll on damage for guns is beyond frustrating. I finally get a CTAR to drop at 499 and it comes out with a low damage roll. FML.....really?

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
That's the thing too. You don't need a build for anything.

I'm so glad I realized this a long time ago..

I was wedded to the kneepads that gave you Armor Regen when you hid in cover for 5 or so seconds and I finally gave them up since they rarely drop and ya know what...?
I still rock They die. Caveat Emptor of course in that you can still make a shitty build if you really try but yeah all works.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally got a Pestilence. It's as bad as the stats say, and even the utility is horrible because you know...No enemy stays in the toxic cloud!

Finally got a good LMG.

AAA.jpg
BBB.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I've been using LMGs for a week now and really enjoy them although the drift can get a little bad if the enemy is beyond 15m, at least on console.

gamestop bumped trade values this weekend (expires monday), you can get $30-35 for division 2 if you trade towards MK11/days gone. I'll be trading in my xbox copy, had a lot of fun but its time for mortal kombat 11 and days gone now and I don't feel like I am making any progress in the game at all.

It is on sale on the xbox and PSN stores, $50 on xbox but I expect it to be $35-40 in the next few weeks.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck do they have random damage rolls on exotics? I got sniper last night, it had 322k dmg. Range based on my gear is something like 279k-350k. So I re-rolled it using the upgrade blueprint and an exotic piece from deconstructed chatterbox. 309k. Fuck. Attempt 2 brought it back up, and luckily the next bumped it up to 340k. Checked reddit and people that were rolling it to max level were losing some 30 damage. Wow.

• 1RAGE

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
High end items have a (x - 1.5x) range on their rolls, roughly. Exotics have something similar but it's only about (x - 1.25x) instead. The problem is that the highest GS500 roll on an exotic is only like 4.5% better than the GS490 max, so obviously there is a huge amount of overlap there, and it's pretty much pointless to reroll a GS490 with a near-max roll. At least you realized you can "upgrade" a GS500 repeatedly; there's a bunch of people on reddit who thought they had to dismantle the 500 and start the whole process over.

There's also another display bug that sometimes causes people to mistakenly reroll things that were actually nearly perfect. If you log in and have like 15% bonus damage for the weapon you're crafting, then the crafting recipe will show that **even if you later remove the items/spec that gave the bonus**. So what happens is you're crafting, say, a Chatterbox and you had 10% smg damage, but you decide to take all that off in order to craft the gun with base damage. Except the recipe still shows the inflated damage range, but the gun you craft doesn't. You could get a 11.7k Chatterbox (which is perfect max base damage) but you look at the recipe and it seems like it's shit not worth keeping. To avoid this, log in, remove all weapon damage bonuses, log out, and then log back in to actually craft it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Been unable to play for a few days...logged in today to do some invasion missions. Gamespeed feels like everything is happening 10% faster?? Game seems to be taking forever on initial load, I'm getting random screen freezes, and I am getting spammed with flashbangs, too. jeebus.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Been unable to play for a few days...logged in today to do some invasion missions. Gamespeed feels like everything is happening 10% faster?? Game seems to be taking forever on initial load, I'm getting random screen freezes, and I am getting spammed with flashbangs, too. jeebus.

• 1Like