The Division 2

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So what are they telling you? I’m assuming you tried calling support?

Calling support does nothing, they say AMD Rewards is a fully separate team than theirs and on Friday they said they heard they were sending out codes "shortly" which from everything I can tell on Reddit, its false.

AMD Mikey (their lone rep on Reddit) said initially that if you haven't received a code then you were someone who was trying to trick their system and a fraud case. He backpedaled on this quickly as it cause a shit storm and even AMD support told me, without even bringing it up, to disregard his statement and they were sorry for it.

AMD Rewards only way to contact them is through an email and it says due to high volumes, it will take up to 6 days for a response. on Reddit they said to send copies of your proof of purchase with your report. Thing is, I was worried 10 days ago when codes weren't released so I sent an email then...and still haven't heard back. There's no other way to contact them, at this point they are just ignoring people seemingly.

From what everyone can tell, they simply ran out of codes and refuse to say so. Which is stupid in today's day and age. It's a shit show, there are literally thousands without codes.

It was funny when AMD did a stream of the game on launch, the chat was just full of irate people.

This is the first time I ever bought AMD products, When calculating use of my money to build my computer the game bundle they had did play a small part in it. I won't fall for their promises again and will steer clear of them going forward. I just filed a complaint with the California BBB over it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Friday with friends and the game seemed really good.

Yesterday, solo, game seemed punishingly hard. Not a big deal for most things like territory, but something like a bounty was almost fucking impossible when you're in a new area and don't have time to scout out a good place to set up a fight.

Air and Space Museum, which is probably my favorite Smithsonian, was so fucking cool. Is there a mission for the Natural History?

It's weird how much cooler walking down the various streets in this one is versus New York. New York just didn't awe me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
PS4 clan. We have level 2 and in case you missed it our clan room in the White House has a new vendor and sells new items every seven days. :) rock on.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Have they said anything about balancing/fixing the normalization of mitigation when playing with someone much higher level? Seems damage is fine but in ever case me or my friends have been in seems to be whoever's low level just gets one banged all the time.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
We noticed that if the high level person joins their low-level friend (i.e. it is the lowbies 'world' then things might be scaled properly. Certainly it seemed easier to downgrade than upgrade

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't say im pleased with this brick wall at level 7.95 i just slammed into. I am not sure exactly what the problem is.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm

This probably only happens to me but... In some games at certain points usually because of character modifications everything gets harder. I swapped out one of my guns and now I cant complete either of two side quests or just about every "activity" I try. Typically this is because my brain hasn't grasped some nuance of a game.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This probably only happens to me but... In some games at certain points usually because of character modifications everything gets harder. I swapped out one of my guns and now I cant complete either of two side quests or just about every "activity" I try. Typically this is because my brain hasn't grasped some nuance of a game.

Matchmake for your next or a prior mission, lean on teammates, get over the hump. I know the feeling, haven't hit it in this game for the most part but have put myself in a bad spot after trashing weapons I didn't intend to.

spronk

FPS noob
You get tons of XP for doing stuff like control points and the random ? stuff. You shouldn't really be XP blocked at any point, just do stuff in your current zone. As people have said, for even levels do story missions for odd levels do side missions and unlocking zone stuff. Worst case, just rerun main mission stories in matchmaking mode (set your social group to public so you match faster), the missions are really fun and very different (harder, better loot) in group mode than solo. If you are struggling with solo story missions, there is a STORY difficulty mode which makes them super easy.

Also i wouldn't bother ever buying vendor weapons/armor when leveling, just buy mods I guess because you can deconstruct them later? dunno about that part. But loot literally rains on you all the time so no reason to ever spend orange dollars on loot until you hit 30. I'm not sure if its better to deconstruct trash drops or sell them, I seem to be close to maxxing out a lot of inventory stuff already at level 16 so I've just started selling trash but I'm sure some of the higher quality trash drops deconstruct into items I'll want later.

I think the loot curve is whites till ~4 or so, then greens till 12 or so, then blues till around 18-20, then mostly purples I assume. Not worth getting too attached to anything, like any MMO you are constantly equipping new loot until you hit cap.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Fadaar on Ubi-thingy, will join clan here shortly if I can figure out how

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was completely full on all common and uncommon mats from 25-30, should have sold a lot more stuff than I did. I had no need to craft anything past about level 18 so it just piled up.

llenn-jpg.199757
Soon?
pink-png.199810

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Hit 30.

Only things I can complain about is the most recent patch was crashing me once every hour or two. Swapping back to DX11 seemed to fix it and also put me up from 70ish fps to 100ish fps which seems weird since it was doing the opposite when I first installed.

Also the recalibration system, but luckily it can pretty much be ignored until you are closer to end game gear score. I hate hoarding items and I don't know how they could change it other than to let you break down the item and save the stat/trait you want like an MMO enchant scroll or something.

div2.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but to fully quit the game without going back to the character select page, simply hit Enter then type /quit

Skips the loading screen you seen when you hit Esc, click Settings, Logout -> *load screen* -> Exit Game.

Unless I missed it, no idea why there's not a menu option to quit directly from within the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also the recalibration system, but luckily it can pretty much be ignored until you are closer to end game gear score. I hate hoarding items and I don't know how they could change it other than to let you break down the item and save the stat/trait you want like an MMO enchant scroll or something.
Yeah, recalibration is a bit confusing and annoying. I have so much shit in my inventory that I need to sort through.

1. Guns always have 3 perks, and each slot is a unique pool I guess? It seems as though I can only move slot 1/2/3 from the first to the same slot 1/2/3 on the second. Armor is where it gets confusing, since each item can have 0/1/2 perks and it doesn't seem at all clear how moving them around works. You can never add a perk to an item with none to start with, that much is obvious. But moving from a 1 to a 2 or vice versa is a guessing game for me at the moment.

2. Once you move a mod to a new item, it's stuck there. So you need to be sure that the item you recalibrate is a keeper or else you could be going a long time before you find another item with that perk. I definitely won't be recalibrating my Patience perk to a new pair of kneepads until I have 450ish ones by a brand I want.

3. In addition to perks, you need to be aware of what is a super high stat roll. Like the flat roll for +armor has HUGE variance to the point where the low end at 30 can roll worse than the high end of early/mid-20's items. It's similar to the gear mod video where purples were shown to often be better than yellows.

4. Figuring out what is a rare perk and what is dirt common is annoying. Stuff like +15% elite damage, +20% armor regen, and other things that can appear on several different gear slots appear to be super common. Other ones like Patience (armor regen while in cover) not only appear to only spawn on one item type (knees in this case) but also are extremely rare. Hopefully someone makes a spreadsheet for them soon. I also don't like that weekly projects can ask for items which have a specific perk, like the one now that wants 5 "devastating" items. In my experience devastating is pretty damn rare and I could easily go 7 days without finding 5 of them. Plus it's a decent mod that I'd want to save at least 1 or 2 of to potentially use.

---------------------------------

On an unrelated topic, in case people aren't aware -- there is an orange air drop or a bright green gun case outside/near most if not all safehouses and they contain a couple good items plus a gun or armor dye. There's a bunch more around the world too, especially in areas with trees (SSE of White House, WNW of Lincoln Memorial, NW of the previous one on a dock, S of the West Potomac Park safehouse along the edge of the map where all the boats are, etc.). If you find a dye while leveling, make a note of where it was because they respawn every 24h.

Arekkz has a video if you don't know what I'm talking about:

The Division 2 Map | Interactive Map of Division 2 Locations has a few more, but some of theirs are the ones that just drop materials and not gear/dyes.

For an example of the green gun case, go to the Attic safehouse and look outside it for a small area behind a wooden fence with a ladder up to the roof. Cross some boards to the next building over and you'll see the green case on the ground there.

You can't get the dyes before L15, I assume to prevent people from creating and deleting characters to farm the WH one.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Decided not to wait to find out if I could get rewards either. Feel free to add faillees and invite to clan!

Ps I'm pretty shit at this style of game

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Decided not to wait to find out if I could get rewards either. Feel free to add faillees and invite to clan!

Ps I'm pretty shit at this style of game

The clan is open invite and we are really truckin through stuff. So just press esc and click clan and search or go to the clan girl to the right in the white house. Or ill add ya in like 2 hours+